Sign in to follow this  
jamsim67

Don't take Duke Williams for granted

From all the training camp reports I'm reading it sounds like Isaiah McKenzie is playing very well and almost locked down the #6 WR role.

It sounded like Ray Ray was in that spot early but McKenzie is putting up a fight.

It sounded like Ray Ray was in that spot early but McKenzie is putting up a fight.

It seems like an EPIC battle for that spot, from all I have seen. I have mixed feelings on Beaner's avoiding legit stars and battle of mediocrity, but I suppose once we are well into the season we can see how it works out. If no gaping holes are remaining next offseason from his earlier miscues, the Bills may have an opportunity to draft a 1st round WR in a supposedly historic WR draft class next spring. Seandelevan may be a happy guy for once, but knowing this team, I would not bet money on it.

The Bills really could use a WR with size, but from current reports it seems like both Sills and Spuds will be on the outside looking in when the final cuts are made.

StraightJ: The Range's most relevant news source 

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

The wr group does scare me a little.

They have had decent press up to now but when it comes to playing real games I worry about them.

Brown seems to be having a nice camp but he has never been a #1 and I expect he'll struggle dealing with the other teams #1 cb.

Beasley is a solid complementary player but more is going to be expected of him here.

Roberts is being used with the starters in the 4 wr sets, and it sounds like hes playing decently, but he wasn't good enough at wr for previous teams why do we expect him to be now?

And then we have Zay and Foster who had big roles layed out for them to take and they are letting them slip through their fingers.

Hopefully McCloud or McKenzie can contribute but how much is a #6 wr going to help an offense?

Spreading the ball around will be the game plan but when the game is on the line someone is going to have to make a play.....i don't know who that's going to be.

I don't blame Beane for not going harder to find a #1 wr.

There weren't any worth it in FA and I'm happy with our draft.

I don't think any wr from this draft would played a major role on this team.....Ford and Oliver will.

Hopefully we can draft a #1 wr next year.

Spreading the ball around will be the game plan but when the game is on the line someone is going to have to make a play.....i don't know who that's going to be.

Whoever is open is going to get the ball.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

I don't blame Beane for not going harder to find a #1 wr.

There weren't any worth it in FA and I'm happy with our draft.

I don't think any wr from this draft would played a major role on this team.....Ford and Oliver will.

Hopefully we can draft a #1 wr next year.

I think it's a vote in confidence in the current WR group. John Brown, Cole Beasley and Andre Roberts are proven role player WR's. They are hoping that Zay Jones, Robert Foster and Isaiah McKenzie continue to develop. If they don't develop then the WR group can be upgraded in the offseason through free agency and/or the draft.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Why, do we have such proven crew??

Short answer? No. lol

A bit longer answer? H*ll no!

(but Jungle and BCW have made pretty good explanations about why we can choose to be hopeful, including hoping there are no gaping holes at the end of this season that prevent Beano from cashing in on a 1st round WR in a class expected to be legendary for them)

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

I like our wr's as role players but we are asking each of them to take on the job one step higher than they have at any other point of their careers.

Brown has been a #2 or 3 his entire career....we need him to be a #1.

Beasley is the #2 option when he has always been the #3.

Roberts has had trouble the past few years getting any snaps at wr and now it looks like he will have a major role.

Are we that much smarter than their previous teams?

Maybe they will step up to the challenge but I'll believe it when I see it.

Williams with the TD

EPIC play by both Duke and Sir Matt. He really needed that with the competition he is getting in this field of mediocrity GMBB is serving up.

EPIC play by both Duke and Sir Matt. He really needed that with the competition he is getting in this field of mediocrity GMBB is serving up.

they just need to throw the ball to him a little more

Duke Williams will have to make the most of his opportunities and have some great preseason games if he wants to secure the #6 WR spot.

Well, has he?

I heard he’s been a huge letdown this training camp. But he’s been said to not really try until the games start so....

When are we going to draft a real WR?

Tired of these patchwork WR corps we’ve been fiddling with for the last 15 years.

We need to run the double TE offense

Well, has he?

From what I have seen of Duke Williams he is a gamer, meaning he shows up more for games and not practices. He has had some great plays in the preseason.

I like his physical style of play, his blocking and his ability to high point the ball.

If Beane is only keeping 6 WR on the final roster it is going to be tough to decide if D'haquille Williams or Isaiah McKenzie should be that WR. It's a great problem to have.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

From what I have seen of Duke Williams he is a gamer, meaning he shows up more for games and not practices. He has had some great plays in the preseason.

I like his physical style of play, his blocking and his ability to high point the ball.

If Beane is only keeping 6 WR on the final roster it is going to be tough to decide if D'haquille Williams or Isaiah McKenzie should be that WR. It's a great problem to have.

He has to show up for practice, because this is his shot. He can't take any chances on being left off this roster, so he has to show case his talents on each and every stage available.

I said it earlier, that he reminds me of Anquan Bolden. Physical with great hands, and he will go get the ball. If McBeane are stupid enough to cut this guy, he will be picked up almost immediately by someone else. And that someone else could be New England.

He has to show up for practice, because this is his shot. He can't take any chances on being left off this roster, so he has to show case his talents on each and every stage available.

I said it earlier, that he reminds me of Anquan Bolden. Physical with great hands, and he will go get the ball. If McBeane are stupid enough to cut this guy, he will be picked up almost immediately by someone else. And that someone else could be New England.

I think Duke Williams has played himself on the final roster. IMO he is a poor mans Anquan Bolden or Larry Fitzgerald.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg