Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Mr McClapee has apparently already beaten the fun out of Josh (and teaching Jungle what a checkdown is)

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

Some excellent shit posting Lit. You were criticizing Allen last year for not checking down more often, and now you are saying it's wrong to have Allen hit open receivers in the short part of the field. Why are you flip-flopping on your own take? Your idol Tom Brady regularly checks down and makes short throws to his RB's and TE's. But if Allen is coached up to do it, it's stupid?

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Like we need another version of Trent Edwards.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Like we need another version of Trent Edwards.

The thinking is not to check down on every pass attempt. It's all about teaching Allen to touchdown to check down passing concepts. If the deep pass routes are not open, then it's ok to hit the intermediate or short pass routes.

One of Allen's weaknesses last year was him always pushing the ball down the field looking for receivers running deep pass routes when sometimes receivers were open on shorter pass routes. If Allen hits open receivers in the short parts of the field it makes it harder for defensive coordinators to game plan to stop him.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

If the deep pass routes are not open, then it's ok to hit the intermediate or short pass routes.

Thats not what a checkdown is.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Thats not what a checkdown is.

Most pass plays are taught by Offensive coordinators for the QB to read TD to check down, or high to low reads. You read the deep parts of the field first and if those receivers are not open, you read the short parts of the field for check-down passes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psUuk19ZFfg&feature=youtu.be

At 3:15 of the video Steve Mariucci says, "the concept is TD to checkdown"

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

One minute people are complaining about Josh's completion % and the next they complain about checking the ball down.

One minute people are complaining about Josh's completion % and the next they complain about checking the ball down.

Why does Tom Brady have such a high completion %? It's because he throws a lot of crackdown passes. Short throws are easier to complete, therefore a QB that throws a lot of short passes will have a high completion %. Brady also has a high completion % because he has a great offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels is great at play calling and scheming his receivers to allow open look and Brady has the luxury of throwing to wide-open WR's. Brady also benefits from having Bill Belichick who is one of the best game planning head coaches and best at in-game adjustments. Brady still has to execute but all of that affects his completion %.

Allen can improve his ball placement and as a result of his completion % by having more consistent lower body mechanics and weight transfer as well as being conservative sometimes and taking the easy-open receiver in the check-down pass. Beane went and address the OL and skill position players this offseason in order to surround Allen with more talent so he won't have to put the team on his shoulder and play hero ball. Having an improved OL will allow Allen to sit in a clean pocket longer and give him more time to go through his progressions and make his reads. Having improved talent at WR, TE and RB will give Allen receivers that are better at getting consistent separation from coverage, giving him more open receivers to throw to. That will also improve his completion %.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Most pass plays are taught by Offensive coordinators for the QB to read TD to check down, or high to low reads. You read the deep parts of the field first and if those receivers are not open, you read the short parts of the field for check-down passes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psUuk19ZFfg&feature=youtu.be

At 3:15 of the video Steve Mariucci says, "the concept is TD to checkdown"

We all know that checkdowns exist.

We don't need any more of your "water is wet" posts.

The point was that what YOU described is NOT a checkdown.

Intermediate passes are not checkdowns.

Short passes are not checkdowns.

Did jungle fuck your mom or something?

This is ridiculous.

Why does Tom Brady have such a high completion %? It's because he throws a lot of crackdown passes. Short throws are easier to complete, therefore a QB that throws a lot of short passes will have a high completion %. Brady also has a high completion % because he has a great offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels is great at play calling and scheming his receivers to allow open look and Brady has the luxury of throwing to wide-open WR's. Brady also benefits from having Bill Belichick who is one of the best game planning head coaches and best at in-game adjustments. Brady still has to execute but all of that affects his completion %.

Allen can improve his ball placement and as a result of his completion % by having more consistent lower body mechanics and weight transfer as well as being conservative sometimes and taking the easy-open receiver in the check-down pass. Beane went and address the OL and skill position players this offseason in order to surround Allen with more talent so he won't have to put the team on his shoulder and play hero ball. Having an improved OL will allow Allen to sit in a clean pocket longer and give him more time to go through his progressions and make his reads. Having improved talent at WR, TE and RB will give Allen receivers that are better at getting consistent separation from coverage, giving him more open receivers to throw to. That will also improve his completion %.

And all of this is only going to open things up for him deep.

I'm excited!

Wow Lit, what a stupid thread....But i know your just getting started....Anti-Bills fan! Cant wait for more! This site is Sad!!!

You are lying through your teeth again. Making a high to low read is literally making a touchdown to check-down read. The play is designed for the QB to make the TD read first and if it is not open to check down to the short part of the field.

The problem with Josh Allen last year was he was forcing throws to the deep parts of the field, the high read or scrambling and extending plays for his receivers in the deep parts of the field to uncover from coverage and get separation to he could throw to them. Sometimes it's better to hit the open receiver even if it is at the short part of the field and take what the defense is giving you. Towards the end of last year, Allen started improving in this area of his game. QB coach Ken Dorsey and Offensive Coordinator Brian Daboll are working on improving this area of Allen's game.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Did jungle fuck your mom or something?

This is ridiculous.

Lit will make shit up and outright lie in order to be a contrarian to anything I say. I could say that the sky is blue and Lit would say I don't know what I'm talking about, that it's purple, etc.

The hilarious part of this is he was literally criticizing Allen for not checking down more often and taking the easy passes last year. But now when Allen's coaches are trying to develop Allen into a complete QB, Lit is criticizing the coaches because it's a hot take.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

And all of this is only going to open things up for him deep.

I'm excited!

Exactly. That is the thought process behind this concept. If the defense takes away the deep passes, take the easy short passes they are giving you. Once you are burning them by hitting all the short passes and the defense changes coverages to single-high, or middle field open by dropping both safeties down into the box then you beat them over the top with deep passes.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Exactly. That is the thought process behind this concept. If the defense takes away the deep passes, take the easy short passes they are giving you. Once you are burning them by hitting all the short passes and the defense changes coverages to single-high, or middle field open by dropping both safeties down into the box then you beat them over the top with deep passes.

I like reading that they were lining up Beasley all over the field, including in the backfield.

Get the ball to your playmakers and let them do the work.

It sounds like they are using McCloud the same way, like they did with Isaiah McKenzie last year,

Lit will make shit up and outright lie in order to be a contrarian to anything I say. I could say that the sky is blue and Lit would say I don't know what I'm talking about, that it's purple, etc.

The hilarious part of this is he was literally criticizing Allen for not checking down more often and taking the easy passes last year. But now when Allen's coaches are trying to develop Allen into a complete QB, Lit is criticizing the coaches because it's a hot take.

His boy StraightJ isn't here to tell you not to respond since Lit has been doing so much better about not picking fights lately.

His boy StraightJ isn't here to tell you not to respond since Lit has been doing so much better about not picking fights lately.

Lol. Sometimes I wonder how many accounts Lit has and if each one is one of his multiple personalities.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

You are lying through your teeth again. Making a high to low read is literally making a touchdown to check-down read. The play is designed for the QB to make the TD read first and if it is not open to check down to the short part of the field.

The problem with Josh Allen last year was he was forcing throws to the deep parts of the field, the high read or scrambling and extending plays for his receivers in the deep parts of the field to uncover from coverage and get separation to he could throw to them. Sometimes it's better to hit the open receiver even if it is at the short part of the field and take what the defense is giving you. Towards the end of last year, Allen started improving in this area of his game. QB coach Ken Dorsey and Offensive Coordinator Brian Daboll are working on improving this area of Allen's game.

Nice try in attempting to change the argument.

No one is talking about reads or progressions.

You said “If the deep pass routes are not open, then it's ok to hit the intermediate or short pass routes”.

That is NOT a checkdown.

Taking the intermediate is not a checkdown

I called this a year ago.....that McDermott would ruin Allen. Not saying Allen is ruined yet....but shit.

If I see that motherfucker play scared week one...it’s over.

miserable that 70s show GIF

Lol. Sometimes I wonder how many accounts Lit has and if each one is one of his multiple personalities.

How do you know I’m not you?

I called this a year ago.....that McDermott would ruin Allen. Not saying Allen is ruined yet....but shit.

If I see that motherfucker play scared week one...it’s over.

Allen was playing scared last year.

He was leaving the pocket at the first sign of trouble and causing the play to break down if his 1st option wasn't there.

I'd much rather he dump the ball off and pick up an easy 5 yards than heave the ball up on a low % play.