Sign in to follow this  
seandelevan

NFL Executives and Coaches Rank NFL QBs and Allen Is

ranked 29. Tier 4. Which is ranked “poor”.

I don’t have a subscription to the Athletic but

https://theathletic.com/1082093/2019/07/22/2019-nfl-quarterback-tiers-rankings/

And

Now don’t shoot the messenger. Don’t get mad at me. I didn’t make this list. Guys who know HELL ALOT MORE about football did.

All of you who are convinced that he’s going to be great tell me why is he ranked so low?

miserable that 70s show GIF

And

Now don’t shoot the messenger. Don’t get mad at me. I didn’t make this list. Guys who know HELL ALOT MORE about football did.

All of you who are convinced that he’s going to be great tell me why is he ranked so low?

It's his 2nd year, and he didn't have much on the offensive side of the ball in his 1st year in which to excel.

Do I think he's going to be great? I don't know, but I hope so. I think he's a great athlete, with plenty of upside. Will see, but I'm tired of watching QB's come to Buffalo and shitting the bed.

So here's to Josh Allen. :rockon:

NFL Executives and coaches ranked Brett Favre a total bust in his early career

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Time will tell. Rooting for him, but he'll be replaced if he sucks. We'll get it right one of these decades.......

Be honest, have you ever seen a better roster transformation than mcbean have accomplished this off season, especially on offense? They've basically rebuilt most of the offense in pretty dramatic fashion. That alone gives any quarterback a much better chance to succeed

Personally, I think with his attitude and the people around him we are likely to see a big jump right away in this second year. Not only Willie have a much better offense around him, he should also show a big jump in Reading defenses and not being lazy with his mechanics so that his short and medium passes are on target a lot more

With the defense being so good, I don't think he's going to have to be Superman every week, or even every other week. He doesn't have to be flashy or mind-blowing, he just has to be consistent and protect the ball, and I think they have a realistic shot at a 10-win season

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

Be honest, have you ever seen a better roster transformation than mcbean have accomplished this off season, especially on offense? They've basically rebuilt most of the offense in pretty dramatic fashion.

It still feels like a giant question-mark. This isn't a rebuild along the lines of the Miami heat getting Lebron and Bosh, it's still completely up in the air how our Oline will be, as well as our WR corps

Not only Willie have a much better offense around him, he should also show a big jump in Reading defenses and not being lazy with his mechanics so that his short and medium passes are on target a lot more

Who's Willie? Did they sign a new camp arm?

Without even looking at the list I'll say its hard to rank him high after less than one season. A rookie season at that.

I honestly don't care where he ranks now. Lets talk at the end of the year. We'll see what kind of encore season he has. Training wheels are probably gonna come off now. Year 2 with the same offense. There has to be marked improvement.

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Considering the rate at which QBs go boom or bust I'm not real concerned about their opinions. Only his play will tell.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

It still feels like a giant question-mark. This isn't a rebuild along the lines of the Miami heat getting Lebron and Bosh, it's still completely up in the air how our Oline will be, as well as our WR corps

Thank you. Glad someone brought this up. Just because we signed a bunch of new guys doesn’t necessarily mean more wins. Jesus Christ remember when the Bills became a huge landing spot for free agents...Spikes, Adams, Posey, Miloy, a solid draft class....blew out the pats week one and everyone crowned our asses...then proceeded to be fucking awful. So yeah, we’ve seen bigger and better names come here...and suck.

miserable that 70s show GIF

He'll be great. At the end of this season everyone will say, 'Who knew he'd be this great?'

...... Fanback knew.

And

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. A lot of draftniks were high on Josh Allen like Mel Kiper, Mike Mayock, Chris Simms, and love his raw tools that can be molded and refined by NFL coaching.

The pro-Allen scouts and draftniks believe he could be developed and coached up to accentuate his strengths and diminish his weaknesses. For example, if you correct his footwork and lower body mechanics, specifically not having his base too wide and being more consistent with his weight transfer. If he corrects these issues will be more consistent in his ball placement to all levels of the field. Josh Allen's personal QB coach Jordan Palmer and team QB coach Ken Dorsey are working on correcting his lower body mechanics and having Allen watching tape of QB's with better anticipation and timing instead of relying on his arm. John Elway had similar anticipation and timing issues early in his career because he relied on his rocket arm to over come his flaws.

There is a long list of rookie QB that struggled and bounced back in their second year as the QB position has a long learning curve. In the 2nd year the game slows down for most QB's, and they adjust to the speed of the game and pre and post-snap mental recognition improves.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

He'll be great. At the end of this season everyone will say, 'Who knew he'd be this great?'

...... Fanback knew.

I agree with you. I believe Josh Allen will have a big sophomore year.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

The OL is worlds better than last years Ol in terms of talent and depth. Yes they haven't played together yet, but that is what training camp and preseason is for.

Dion Dawkins was a 2nd round pick, Mitch Morse was a 2nd round pick, Cody Ford was a 2nd round pick. Ty Nsekhe has had a long road to get to the NFL but played very well against all pro, pro bowl DE Jadeveon Clowney when Nsekhe was filling in at LT for an injuried Trent Williams.

The OL is improved so much that two starters from last year, C Russell Bodine and G Vladimir Ducasse will most likely be cut.

The WR core also worlds better than last year. Cole Beasley is a quick slot WR with excellent route-running skills, he can run the improvisational option routes/ jerk routes that is a staple in the Erhardt-Perkins offensive system. Josh Brown is a bona fide deep threat WR because of his speed and route running, but can also be used in the intermediate part of the field. He can be the starting Z WR or play from the slot in 4 or 5 WR sets. With Brown on the field you if you double team Robert Foster you are giving Brown one on one coverage and inviting a big play because of Allen's ability to throw darts to the intermediate and deep parts of the field. With Foster and Brown deep speed forcing defenses to pay attention to them, the intermediate and short parts of the field will be open for Zay Jones, Cole Beasley, Dawson Knox, Jason Croom, Tyler Kroft, Devin Singletary, TJ Yeldon, and Lesean McCoy. Having Foster and Brown on the field at the same time causes serious spacing issues for defenses.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

John Elway thew 7 TD's and 14 interceptions and had a 47.5 % completion rate his rookie year.

Payton Manning threw 26 TD's and 28 interceptions and had a 56.7 % completion rate his rookie year.

Eli Manning threw 6 TD's and 9 interceptions and had a 48.2 % completion rate his rookie year.

Matthew Stafford threw 13 TD's and 20 interceptions and had a 53.3 % completion rate his rookie year.

Mitch Trubisky threw thew 7 TD's and 7 interceptions and had a 59.4 % completion rate his rookie year.

Jared Goff threw 5 TD's and 7 interceptions and had a 54.6 % completion rate his rookie year.

A lot of QB's struggle their rookie year as they adjust to the speed of the pro game and adjust to the mental part of the pro game. In college, they may have faced an all-American player on defense once or twice a year. In the NFL everyone is big, fast and have high football IQ's.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Quarterbacks coach Jordan Palmer breaks down why the Buffalo Bills are ready to go with quarterback Josh Allen leading the way.

Josh Allen is going to benefit from having the same offensive coordinator in his 2nd year, well Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen will have new offensive coordinators.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

True ... good call

Doesn't matter how you start ... because I said so