Sign in to follow this  

So did Tyrod.

Whats your point?

The last QB to make to make the playoffs was Rob Johnson.

Whats your point?

You can argue that Tyrod is as good or has the potential to be better than Rob Johnson.

Whats your point?

McDermott is much better head coach than you want to give him credit for. Can he still improve in areas like clock management and the use of challenges? Sure, but he is one of Buffalo's best head coaches the team has had the past 20 years.

Who do you want to as the GM and Head coach of Buffalo smart guy? I know you will no answer this question because you are a troll and can't be seen to committing to a positon.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Uh...

A150144-E-5815-48-C9-95-D4-DC0020-F0-AC4-A.jpg

The fact you think Dick Jauron is a good head coach tells everyone what they need to know about you.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

The fact you think Dick Jauron is a good head coach tells everyone what they need to know about you.

Link me to the post where I said that?

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

It was Tyrod protecting the ball that got us to the playoffs. But no I don't think the Mcbeans should get fired no matter what happens this season

Unless they get caught lying to Kim and Terry

It was Baltimore choking on the last play of the game that got the Bills in the playoffs.

JP Sucks!!!

It was Baltimore choking on the last play of the game that got the Bills in the playoffs.

It was a clutch Andy Dalton throw that got Buffalo into the playoffs.

It doesn't matter how they got into the playoffs, it only matters that they did. Making the playoffs changed the culture of losing that had become normalized in Buffalo with bad GM & head coach's being brought in every 3 years.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Would it be time to can McD?

Clearly it depends on a bunch of factors.

I would like to get rid of some of the 20+ point losses that seem to plague him though.

It doesn't matter how they got into the playoffs, it only matters that they did. Making the playoffs changed the culture of losing that had become normalized in Buffalo with bad GM & head coach's being brought in every 3 years.

You do realize they were 6-10 last year?

JP Sucks!!!

all that 9-7 year did was get the monkey off our backs. It didn't change the culture of this franchise lol.

Also the 9-7 merely made us blow all our draft stock to move up far enough to get our QB. The plan wasn't to backdoor into the playoffs, the plan was to stock assets by trading away players before the year started and then deservedly go a 5-11 type year. Given the following year and us going 6-10, you could argue that the 9-7 season did more harm than good.

You do realize they were 6-10 last year?

Beane was handcuffed with a large dead cap space that he wanted to strategically get rid of in one year to allow for salary cap flexibility in future years. That limited what the Bills could do in free agency in 2018.

Buffalo also had a rookie QB in Josh Allen start 11 games. There is a big learning curve to playing QB and most rookie QB struggle.

I'm expecting Allen to have a good to great 2nd year with the upgraded OL and additions to the skill positions.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

all that 9-7 year did was get the monkey off our backs. It didn't change the culture of this franchise lol.

Also the 9-7 merely made us blow all our draft stock to move up far enough to get our QB. The plan wasn't to backdoor into the playoffs, the plan was to stock assets by trading away players before the year started and then deservedly go a 5-11 type year. Given the following year and us going 6-10, you could argue that the 9-7 season did more harm than good.

Making the playoffs and winning the super bowl is the goal. Sean McDermott ended the then longest NFL playoff drought of 17 years. You can Lit can down playmaking the playoffs for the first time in 17 years if you want to but it's a big deal to the players, just look at the locker room celebrations when Cinncinatti beat Baltimore to secure Buffalo's spot.

You were going to have to trade up to get the players you want in the draft even if you finished 6-10 or 9-7 in 2017. I like the Beane identified who he wanted and problem solved how to get the picks to trade up and acquire Josh Allen and Tremaine Edmunds.

The 6-10 was because GM Beane wanted to get rid of the dead cap space issue in one year instead of pushing it down the road. Beane told his plan to the Pegula's so they were aware of it. Buffalo got rid of $70,343,254 in dead money in 2018 and that of courses limited the amount and quality of free agents they could sign last year.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2018/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2018/

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

I literally laughed out loud when I read that Jungle wrote that.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Changed the culture of losing...................LOL..........................for one week!

Changed the culture of losing...................LOL..........................for one week!

Lmao.

Dalton hits a miracle pass and SUDDENLY the entire culture changes!

hahahaha

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Sadly....8-8 is better than I think they’ll really do this season. I’d be mildly surprised if they go fucking 8-8. This team screams 5-7 wins...like every year. So 8-8 would be an improvement. Which sadly saves McDermotts ass.

Don’t want to hear about strength of schedule either. It’s bullshit. Every time I hear the Bills have an easy schedule it fucking blows up in their face. Remember being swept by the god awful nfc west 10 years ago or so? I do.

Orinally Posted by seandelevan

A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

Originally Posted by bad radio

If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”

Sadly....8-8 is better than I think they’ll really do this season. I’d be mildly surprised if they go fucking 8-8. This team screams 5-7 wins...like every year. So 8-8 would be an improvement. Which sadly saves McDermotts ass.

Don’t want to hear about strength of schedule either. It’s bullshit. Every time I hear the Bills have an easy schedule it fucking blows up in their face. Remember being swept by the god awful nfc west 10 years ago or so? I do.

Since you hate McDermott so much, who would you replace him with? Who would you replace GM Beane with?

What happens if Buffalo win 9 or 10 games? Do you change your opinion about McDermott then?

What does a Buffalo Bills team 10 years ago have anything to do with today's team? It's a different regime, with a different GM and head coach, so you are grasping at straws to try to compare the current regime with a regime 10 years ago.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Making the playoffs for the first time in 17 years is kind of a big deal. LOL, all you want you Patriots troll but getting into the playoffs was/is a big deal. It starts with small steps, you don't get to the Super Bowl without winning playoff games.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Lmao.

Dalton hits a miracle pass and SUDDENLY the entire culture changes!

hahahaha

The mental gymnastics you go through to try and pretend the Buffalo Bills playoff appearance didn't happen is hilarious. Go support your New England Patriots.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

The mental gymnastics you go through to try and pretend the Buffalo Bills playoff appearance didn't happen is hilarious. Go support your New England Patriots.

LOL.

The irony.

The only one doing mental gymnastics is YOU!

We changed the culture by lucking into 1 playoff birth... and then going 6-10 the next season?

LMAO!

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

LOL.

The irony.

The only one doing mental gymnastics is YOU!

We changed the culture by lucking into 1 playoff birth... and then going 6-10 the next season?

LMAO!

Buffalo had a rookie QB start a majority of it's games last year, you generally don't win a lot of games when a rookie QB starts.

Buffalo also shed $70 million in dead cap space last year in order to free up cap space for future years, that limited the number of free agents Beane could sign.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Personally I'm willing to give Beane a longer leash than McDermott. The plan wasn't to play Allen at all last year, we didn't do a good job securing his bench warming season and we threw him into the fire and for the most part I feel good about JA going into year 2. I think we'll see his accuracy jump up into the very low 60% range, all he needs to do is hit a few checkdowns instead of throwing the ball away because his eyes were downfield looking for a big play

Since you hate McDermott so much, who would you replace him with? Who would you replace GM Beane with?

What happens if Buffalo win 9 or 10 games? Do you change your opinion about McDermott then?

What does a Buffalo Bills team 10 years ago have anything to do with today's team? It's a different regime, with a different GM and head coach, so you are grasping at straws to try to compare the current regime with a regime 10 years ago.

If McDermott wins 9-10 games this year then fuck yeah he can stay. That’s what I want. I just don’t see it. I don’t necessarily “hate” McDermott, I just hate his philosophy. It’s archaic and outdated. And the bullshit I’ve seen during the McBeane era has really been the same bullshit from the Donahoe era, the Nix era, and the Whaley era. 6-8ish wins, reliant on defense and the run game, reaching for players, weird ass trades, drama, etc. This is a season on the brink for McBeane. If they win less than 8 games...can their asses...because they are just doing the same bullshit. Bring in someone offensive minded and creative.

Orinally Posted by seandelevan

A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

Originally Posted by bad radio

If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”

It's not just a McDermott thing. It's a McDermott, Beane, and Josh Allen thing. If Allen is good this year, then McDermott will look pretty good. If Allen struggles, then we will take this song and dance into 2020 with a new offensive coordinator and if that doesn't work, it will be on to the next regime.

Sean McDermott is a defensive guy. The defense has played solidly most of his time here. Part of being a good HC is finding a competent play caller for the OTHER side of the ball. How good is Brian Daboll? I don't know but I'm not overly optimistic. He's better than Denison for sure but that isn't saying much. Part of McVay's success was being smart enough to land a proven defensive coordinator to handle the side of the ball that isn't his specialty.

Coaching "continuity" is a bullshit stat or metric or whatever. It's actually a pseudo statistic that is inherently flawed and I'm embarrassed for people when they use it as a crutch. Good teams have continuity with coaches because they've hired good coaches that deserve to keep their jobs. Bad teams, like the Browns and Bills, get shit on for constantly changing coaches but can anyone go back to find a coach that was fired from either team that has done shit anywhere else? No. Because all of those firings were correct because all of the hires were incorrect and on top of that, they had shitty QBs.