Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Report: Owners have proposed 18 games, with a 16-game limit for each player

No. Just stop. The money grabbing needs to stop. Just let the boys play. Keep it to 16 games. If they change anything they should eliminate 2 pre-season games and let them scrimmage for two weeks.

Why not a double-bye season. One extra week of TV revenues; no extra games for players.

I know the Patriots would chose Brady to sit out both Bills games.....

Orinally Posted by seandelevan

A Bills fan could have gone into a coma in 2000, just woke up, and be shocked that he had not missed a thing!!! HAHAHAHA

I nominate this post of the month, maybe more. Seriously, seriously it encapsulates everything of importance in one sentence. An indie film maker could possibly do well with that concept. -StraightJ 10/7/12

Originally Posted by bad radio

If by "best" you mean "most grumpy and dickish," then yes, happy birthday.

jc856-“if you’re good you suck, if you’re bad you suck, if you suck you suck, if you don’t suck,....guess what....you suck”

The CBA expires after the 2020 season. The NFLPA wants to get rid of the Franchise Tag, in order for that to happen the NFL would want an 18 game season. I don't see the NFLPA agreeing to that.

There is way too much money to be lost for a deal not to be reached before the end of the 2020 season. Both sides should also consider the opportunity cost of not playing and losing market share of popularity to the NBA, NHL and MLB if there is no 2021 season.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

The CBA expires after the 2020 season. The NFLPA wants to get rid of the Franchise Tag, in order for that to happen the NFL would want an 18 game season. I don't see the NFLPA agreeing to that.

There is way too much money to be lost for a deal not to be reached before the end of the 2020 season. Both sides should also consider the opportunity cost of not playing and losing market share of popularity to the NBA, NHL and MLB if there is no 2021 season.

The NFLPA doesn't want to get rid of the franchise tag. The less than 10 players every year who are affected by it want to get rid of it. The other 2,070ish players represented by the NFLPA don't give a rat's ass about the franchise tag.

Yes there is too much money on all sides not to get a deal done. For my two cents the owners aren't happy to leave things alone, they are more concerned with trying to kill the goose that lays the golden egg without acting like they're killing the goose that lays the golden egg.

The NFLPA doesn't want to get rid of the franchise tag. The less than 10 players every year who are affected by it want to get rid of it. The other 2,070ish players represented by the NFLPA don't give a rat's ass about the franchise tag.

Yes there is too much money on all sides not to get a deal done. For my two cents the owners aren't happy to leave things alone, they are more concerned with trying to kill the goose that lays the golden egg without acting like they're killing the goose that lays the golden egg.

I believe I heard that from Andrew Brandt, I will try and find the link.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

This might work for one season, but after that I bet viewers will tune out of those extra games. You know teams are going to strategize resting their starters which will lead to some lopsided games that aren't worth watching. :niterider

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

Why not a double-bye season. One extra week of TV revenues; no extra games for players.

They did that in 1993. It didn't work very well. Maybe it could now but the one time it was tried it failed.

Jungle just regurgitates what he reads from nobodies on twitter.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

Andrew Brandt is a former Green Bay Packers executive who worked under Packers GM's Ron Wolf, Ted Thompson. Brandt is also the executive Director of the Jeffrey S. Moorad Center for the Study of Sports Law and Professor of Practice. Finally Brandt host the business of sports podcast and is a regular guest of Ross Tucker podcasts. Anyone that claims Brandt is a nobody like Lit does in the above post, is not very smart and doesn't know what he is talking about.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Ive heard talking heads say that those 2 extra games would mean a extra 2 billion in revenue for the league as a whole. If so no wonder the owners are pushing so hard for it. Funny back in the day it was 10, 12, 14 games, now 16 games, now they want 18 games 20-30 years from now it will be 20 games

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

18 games would be great.

Would introduce some greatly needed strategy to the game.

When do you sit your players for your 2 games? If you do sit them early, and then they get hurt for a couple games, you sat them for no reason.

Etc, etc.

This would be fun.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

18 games would be great.

When do you sit your players for your 2 games? If you do sit them early, and then they get hurt for a couple games, you sat them for no reason.

Etc, etc.

This would be fun.

I can't believe you like the idea, it sounds fucking retarded.

Not to mention the expected bloat of the rosters that would be needed so the best players in the league have to sit out 2 games in the year? Sounds fucking so dumb. Let's watch the JV Bills vs the JV Dolphins because both teams are gonna put their scrub rosters out there. Sounds like a great watch. Basically they are trying to add 2 games in the regular season, but make you play with preseason week 4 rosters, all under the guise of "player safety"

If they really want player safety. Scratch the 4th week of preseason. Add 2 games but add an additional bye week as well. Increase roster to 60 and dress 53 (IIRC currently it's roster 53 and dress 46)

18 games would be great.

Etc, etc.

This would be fun.

They would also need to expand the rosters at the specialty positions: Long Snapper, Place kicker, etc. The sit 2 games throws a competitive imbalance across the field of teams.

My thoughts are if you're going to 18 games, just go to 18 games and let them all play.

I like this idea. They could add another round of playoffs too, start the season prior to labor day.

18 games, no limit on games played by each player, eliminate 2 preseason games, expand the rosters by 10 to account for the added injury time, 2 byes per season

and FULLY enforce the no helmet to helmet contact, no leading with the helmet, and no hard hits on defenseless players ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga

Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

Screw it. Let's have an 82 game season. Increase the roster size to 300 and make each round of the playoffs a "best of seven" series. :niterider

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

If they increase the amount of games, won’t that put a damper on expansion?. Any increase in roster size is going to further dilute the pool of players from which they pick from, just like putting more teams in the league, no?.

I can't believe you like the idea, it sounds fucking retarded.

Not to mention the expected bloat of the rosters that would be needed so the best players in the league have to sit out 2 games in the year? Sounds fucking so dumb. Let's watch the JV Bills vs the JV Dolphins because both teams are gonna put their scrub rosters out there. Sounds like a great watch. Basically they are trying to add 2 games in the regular season, but make you play with preseason week 4 rosters, all under the guise of "player safety"

If they really want player safety. Scratch the 4th week of preseason. Add 2 games but add an additional bye week as well. Increase roster to 60 and dress 53 (IIRC currently it's roster 53 and dress 46)

Jv squads?

No.

More like Hughes sits week 3.

Morse sits week 14.

Etc.

They wouldn’t sit every good player on the same week.

And NFL players get injured, so it’s not likely they would even need to force a sit.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg

They would also need to expand the rosters at the specialty positions: Long Snapper, Place kicker, etc. The sit 2 games throws a competitive imbalance across the field of teams.

My thoughts are if you're going to 18 games, just go to 18 games and let them all play.

From what I read, specialty positions including kicker, punter, long snapper and quarterback, would all be allowed to play 18 games.

ELVesNXWwAAe_QT.jpg