Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Everything is free! Free for everyone! Who pays for it? No one knows!

pocket change from the wealthy in the ever expanding income gap

Hooray for free stuff! Thank you for posting this, Comrade Lit! :niterider

There are plenty of ways to pay for it. All you stupid, stuck in the mud motherfuckers, that are all caught in the right wing status quo, you’re too fucking stupid to understand. That percentage of a percentage of a tax increase that those people want to put on the richest fucks in America, won’t even be missed. Except by their greedy nature. And that isn’t shit because there is so much bloated spending in Washington that could be cut and diverted.

Why wouldn’t You want everybody to have health insurance? Why wouldn’t you want every American to have the best healthcare? Why wouldn’t you want education to be affordable? Why wouldn’t you want to cut down on pollution in this country? Why wouldn’t you want this country to be the shining star of cutting down and energy consumption and cutting down on pollution? Why do I even need to ask these goddamn questions because it’s a fucking no brainer. And the only thing you shitheads can come up with is “how are we going to pay for it?”

I’ll tell you how you pay for it. You figure out what you want to do then you make it fucking happen just like every goddamn one of us does in our own fucking lives every single fucking day

The system is rigged. Free isn't going to work either, so... Brilliant

There are plenty of ways to pay for it. All you stupid, stuck in the mud motherfuckers, that are all caught in the right wing status quo, you’re too fucking stupid to understand.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d238a3b7a53756f73697c9b&rid=giphy.gif

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d238a3b7a53756f73697c9b&rid=giphy.gif

It’s not me that butt hurt. It’s you morons all wound up because some Democratic politicians want to try to fucking make things better for everybody in this country. For everybody, not just rich white men.

Derr #falseoutrage

Derr #makeamericawhiteagain

Derr #dontknowwhyimpissedoff

Derr #derr

pocket change from the wealthy in the ever expanding income gap

Added up over millions of Americans ... not pocket change anymore.

I guess the status quo of an overly inefficient system and being grossly overcharged is a great model for healthcare to double down on.

When your employer covers your healthcare premium, it's not "free". They are taking your money an purchasing a plan for you. One of the reasons why corporate America goes along with this plan is because it's one way to keep wages down through restricting the movement of labor from one business to another. The fear of losing healthcare is an important factor in whether an employee transitions from one job to another.

The system is screwed up. The first solution is to get everyone covered adequately on some platform, whether private or public. Until then a high percentage of all premiums will be going to cover those that access health services but are unable to pay - thus having those paying premiums and taxes covering for those that don't have coverage.

If you think about it, Taxes currently pay for a high percentage of insured already: Federal Government (Medicare, Medicaid), Municipal (Teachers, Firefighters, Police, Parks and Rec, etc), Military/VA - That has to account for a high percentage of the insured population. We're probably closer to goverment compensated insurance for all than we think.

There are plenty of ways to pay for it. All you stupid, stuck in the mud motherfuckers, that are all caught in the right wing status quo, you’re too fucking stupid to understand. That percentage of a percentage of a tax increase that those people want to put on the richest fucks in America, won’t even be missed. Except by their greedy nature. And that isn’t shit because there is so much bloated spending in Washington that could be cut and diverted.

Why wouldn’t You want everybody to have health insurance? Why wouldn’t you want every American to have the best healthcare? Why wouldn’t you want education to be affordable? Why wouldn’t you want to cut down on pollution in this country? Why wouldn’t you want this country to be the shining star of cutting down and energy consumption and cutting down on pollution? Why do I even need to ask these goddamn questions because it’s a fucking no brainer. And the only thing you shitheads can come up with is “how are we going to pay for it?”

I’ll tell you how you pay for it. You figure out what you want to do then you make it fucking happen just like every goddamn one of us does in our own fucking lives every single fucking day

I'm not right wing, but the statement that it would be a percentage of a percentage is a lie.

There is nearly $1.5 TRILLION in student loans alone.

And that does NOT count the over $100 Billion that is taken our EVERY YEAR.

So it's $1.5 Trillion + a new $100 Billion every. single. year being added to it.

Now onto Medicare... that's $40 TRILLION in the RED right now.

The non-partisan tax foundation estimates it will reduce the after-tax income of Americans by nearly 13%!!!

To pay for it, Sanders would sock us all with a big tax hike. He would increase the top income-tax rate to 52 percent and add hefty hikes in capital gains taxes and estate taxes. Corporations would face a new 6.2 percent payroll tax, which would mean either fewer jobs or lower wages. He would also hit every American with a new 2.2 percent income tax.

And this doesn’t count the likely impact of all this taxing and spending on the economy. The nonpartisan Tax Foundation, for instance, estimates that Bernie’s plan would reduce GDP by 9.5 percent over the long term, and reduce after-tax income for all Americans by an average of 12.8 percent.

This is NOT a "percentage of a percentage".

Were talking about $50 TRILLION over the next decade to just get this running.

Like Foster said, no one ever asks why it costs so much. Just who or how to pay for it . Medicine and higher education have out of control inflation rates because there is an unlimited supply of money pouring into those industries. There needs to be a restriction on that money supply or the problem will never go away.

In higher ed, take away the BK exemption and watch how fast the cost increases die off since every idiot wanting to go to college cant get the loan to pay for it, restricting demand and lowering prices.

Medical..... not so easy without central command and control. very distasteful.

I'm not even concerned about the cost of Medical, I'm more concerned with where we're going to find the doctors required to support it. If you waved a wand and granted everyone free health care right now every doctor across the country would be booked solid for months. We'd essentially have VA quality healthcare on a larger scale. We'd end up with "Medicare for None" since we'd all be stuck in a queue for months on end. :niterider

Like Foster said, no one ever asks why it costs so much. Just who or how to pay for it . Medicine and higher education have out of control inflation rates because there is an unlimited supply of money pouring into those industries. There needs to be a restriction on that money supply or the problem will never go away.

In higher ed, take away the BK exemption and watch how fast the cost increases die off since every idiot wanting to go to college cant get the loan to pay for it, restricting demand and lowering prices.

Medical..... not so easy without central command and control. very distasteful.

That's another question.

Will institutions start raising tuition once the government is paying for it?

Added up over millions of Americans ... not pocket change anymore.

after literally decades of a widening income gap, theres no doubt in my mind they can afford it and barely feel it at all

the sick worship of money accumulation is the only thing keeping us from healthcare for all

I'm not even concerned about the cost of Medical, I'm more concerned with where we're going to find the doctors required to support it. If you waved a wand and granted everyone free health care right now every doctor across the country would be booked solid for months. We'd essentially have VA quality healthcare on a larger scale. We'd end up with "Medicare for None" since we'd all be stuck in a queue for months on end. :niterider

Another great question.

Even as it is, in Rochester it's almost impossible to get GP.

People are going to urgent care because no GP's are available.

after literally decades of a widening income gap, theres no doubt in my mind they can afford it and barely feel it at all

the sick worship of money accumulation is the only thing keeping us from healthcare for all

The non-partisan tax foundation estimated a 13% reduction in take home pay for the average American if we do this.

You can feel 13%.

For someone making $4,000 per month, that's a $500 cut per month.

That's another question.

Will institutions start raising tuition once the government is paying for it?

the government is already indirectly paying for it through the BK exemption that no other industry has. That's the point. Take away that exemption (giov't subsidy) and tuition will go down because idiots will go back to swinging a hammer or baking bread or whatever instead of getting useless degrees they cant afford.

BTW, forgiveness of student debt is cutting edge retarded. its classic solve one problem by creating 5 new ones.

If the feds confiscated all of the wealth (net worth) of the top 10%, they would get about 13 Trillion and then nothing. keep in mind everyone else is collectively worth about 2.5 trillion.

for perspective, the current federal debt is nearly 22 trillion and rising at an estimated 1.2 trillion per year. So, confiscating all the wealth in the entire country would not pay off the federal debt we currently have. and you have both parties doing shit that makes it worse.

we are fiscally fucked right and proper BEFORE talking about these idiotic giveaways. the only road to salvation is cost reduction. Hopefully fatass will take another $6 million flight to a golf course he fronts for the russian mob and think up a solution. I recommend all MAGATs stick there head underwater and wait for this to happen.

This mindset does not account for the most important part of being a citizen. Being free as we are you are free to make choices that may help or worsen your situation. Personal accountability is where this country must move back towards. Anything else is unsustainable period.

If you make poor choices, you NEED to deal with that yourself. I AM not my brothers keeper!

I'm not right wing, but the statement that it would be a percentage of a percentage is a lie.

There is nearly $1.5 TRILLION in student loans alone.

And that does NOT count the over $100 Billion that is taken our EVERY YEAR.

So it's $1.5 Trillion + a new $100 Billion every. single. year being added to it.

Now onto Medicare... that's $40 TRILLION in the RED right now.

The non-partisan tax foundation estimates it will reduce the after-tax income of Americans by nearly 13%!!!

This is NOT a "percentage of a percentage".

Were talking about $50 TRILLION over the next decade to just get this running.

Fuck making life better for Americans. Let’s kick another 6% to the military budget Instead

In what world does being booked solid at your job for months mean that’s a bad thing? I know I did my job knowing that there’s gonna be a lot of work for the foreseeable future makes my dick hard because I know I get to make a lot more money than in the slow season

The non-partisan tax foundation estimated a 13% reduction in take home pay for the average American if we do this.

You can feel 13%.

For someone making $4,000 per month, that's a $500 cut per month.

If your bills go down $500 a month then that’s a wash. My health insurance is $1000 a month. My gross earnings are between five and 6000 a month. I’ll take that pay cut if I can save $1000 on health insurance, because I won’t even notice it. The actual dollar amount on my take-home pay probably won’t change much or may even be a little bit higher depending on what my income is for that pay period, Once the health insurance deduction is gone