Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Arizona removes tax incentives for Nike after Kaepernick makes them remove flag shoe

Fine. Nike should cancel plans to move into Phoenix & take the jobs elsewhere. If the governor wants to flex his muscles, Nike can say right back at you. The whole thing is idiotic on both sides but if you're a government official & you cost jobs, it's on you.

The article itself was interesting, but based on a less than solid wording of "reportedly". I found the comments to be far more interesting, if you take the time to read enough of them. One of my favorites was this:

"Since when has symbols of freedom becoming symbols of oppression?

———–

When people like you decided that the government should crack down on people who don’t worship symbols the way that you do. That was the moment." :rockon:

This one is a worthy honorable mention on my list. Again, sometimes the comments are more thought provoking than the article....like the posts on the Range used to be: (bolded emphasis was mine)

"Its curious that an internal marketing decision is leaked to the press immmediately before the Fourth of July holiday guaranteeing an emotional response from conservative america.

Nike knows most conservatives are older and don’t buy very many shoes or clothes. Young people buy more stuff. Its why the 18-49 demographic is coveted.

The last go-round with Kaepernick resulted in YUGE sales increases for Nike for exactly the same reasons.

This “leak” is a marketing campaign. Recognize it and shun it because they are manipulating you."

Another honorable mention asks who in Nike thought the Betsy Ross flag was going to be a big seller(and I'll add with this current youth culture) anyhow? It seems like Ducey and a few others in the comments were making a big deal of nothing(and very possibly pandering to a state of very old voters, the one state to vote against non-medical legalization when voters were given the choice. The flaming left aren't the only ones who pander, even though they seem to rely on it far more). The more important issue to address might be why the flag wouldnt have been likely to be a big seller in the first place. But yeah, the one about government enforcing symbolism is a classic, no matter what political label you choose to accept, in my opinion. Good find, Lit.

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Fine. Nike should cancel plans to move into Phoenix & take the jobs elsewhere. If the governor wants to flex his muscles, Nike can say right back at you. The whole thing is idiotic on both sides but if you're a government official & you cost jobs, it's on you.

Companies shouldn’t get corporate welfare to begin with. ( I worked for one of the biggest offenders ).

Good for them, I personally switched to another brand last year. They're not the only game in town.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

The article itself was interesting, but based on a less than solid wording of "reportedly". I found the comments to be far more interesting, if you take the time to read enough of them. One of my favorites was this:

Nike knows most conservatives are older and don’t buy very many shoes or clothes. Young people buy more stuff. Its why the 18-49 demographic is coveted.

The last go-round with Kaepernick resulted in YUGE sales increases for Nike for exactly the same reasons.

This “leak” is a marketing campaign. Recognize it and shun it because they are manipulating you."

While I was scrolling past the title of this it came to me. It was related to the part I previously edited to bold:

This article is an example of a false flag! :) and lol at the guy for using one of my favorite words, "shun", which is related to another of my favorites, "ban"!! :rockon: (No, I have not drank in a couple of days....but the antics of this board today...in a good way....has me very close to putting on clothes and heading into town for beer rations!!

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

"But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell... We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here."

- Howard Beale, Network

Companies shouldn’t get corporate welfare to begin with. ( I worked for one of the biggest offenders ).

In the 70's and 80's Western New York lost a ton of businesses by the Southern and mid-Atlantic states offering deals that were too good to be true. Now Western New York is stealing medical and insurance businesses from others with the same type of deals....

It's a zero sum game for the taxpayer if your in an area for a long haul. Corporate welfare is weaponized so that no one community gets to benefit anymore in the long run.

If nothing else, Kaepernick is good for getting folks talking. If folks are against him on this, then they might as well man up and defend more important things like statues and history being removed like the folks in Charlottesville were, rather than only taking cheap shots at low hanging fruit. I have no problem with the team poking fun at him, free speech is cool, even if they seemed a bit misguided. At least this article allowed him to articulate his position, unlike the one in the OP, which just left folks to their own devices.

I do, however, take issue with any white positive group being labeled as "white supremicist"(a term used in this article) by the usual suspects in the MSM.

Minor league team apologizes for poking at Kaepernick

Field Level Media

July 04, 2019 at 4:25 am.

A minor league affiliate of the Chicago Cubs briefly waded into political territory Wednesday, then quickly backed away.

The Double-A Tennessee Smokies apologized after poking at quarterback-turned-activist Colin Kaepernick in an attempt to make light of the recent controversy surrounding the “Betsy Ross flag.”

Nike intended to release a Fourth of July themed shoe this week with the 13-star American flag, but it scrapped the plan after Kaepernick, one of the company’s commercial spokesmen, came out in opposition. According to Kaepernick and others, the old-style flag is offensive becomes it represents the time of slavery and because of its recent co-option by white supremacist groups.

The Smokies drew the Betsy Ross flag in the infield dirt in Kodak, Tenn., on Wednesday, then tweeted, “Hey @Kaepernick7 after a lot of thought, we have decided it’s best to just do it. #America”

The team later deleted the tweet, then posted on Twitter, “Regarding one of our recent tweets regarding @Kaepernick7 and our field design for tonight’s game, it was meant to be a light-hearted take on a current situation. We did not mean to offend anyone by it. If it did, we certainly apologize.”

http://www.lindyssports.com/mlb/article/headline/minor-league-team-apologizes-for-poking-at-kaepernick/494220/

colin_kaepernick_4th_of_july.jpg

- Howard Beale, Network

"Since when has symbols of freedom becoming symbols of oppression?

———–

When people like you decided that the government should crack down on people who don’t worship symbols the way that you do. That was the moment." :rockon:

This one is a worthy honorable mention on my list. Again, sometimes the comments are more thought provoking than the article....like the posts on the Range used to be: (bolded emphasis was mine)

"Its curious that an internal marketing decision is leaked to the press immmediately before the Fourth of July holiday guaranteeing an emotional response from conservative america.

Another honorable mention asks who in Nike thought the Betsy Ross flag was going to be a big seller(and I'll add with this current youth culture) anyhow? It seems like Ducey and a few others in the comments were making a big deal of nothing(and very possibly pandering to a state of very old voters, the one state to vote against non-medical legalization when voters were given the choice. The flaming left aren't the only ones who pander, even though they seem to rely on it far more). The more important issue to address might be why the flag wouldnt have been likely to be a big seller in the first place. But yeah, the one about government enforcing symbolism is a classic, no matter what political label you choose to accept, in my opinion. Good find, Lit.

This right here, is a good post. And .... spot on

Doug Ducey is a Republican governor, so of course, he is going to take the same stance that the Republican President Donald Trump has on this topic. It's easier to win votes when you divide and concur and that's what this is. It has nothing to do with being patriotic or unpatriotic unless you are dumb enough or biased enough as a Republican flag waiver you will agree with Trump and Ducey.

Nike is far from a morally perfect company, but in this situation, they are right to support Kaepernick who stood up for his right to protest at the cost of playing in the NFL because he was blacklisted. Kaepernick winning his lawsuit proves this.

People should be appalled at what Trump has done well in the office. Trump has made it acceptable to be a neo-nazi, Trump has made it cool to be a racist and xenophobic. All because he knows he needs the votes of conservatives, racist, neo nazi's, xenophobic assholes. The Arizona governor is doing the same thing.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

If nothing else, Kaepernick is good for getting folks talking. If folks are against him on this, then they might as well man up and defend more important things like statues and history being removed like the folks in Charlottesville were, rather than only taking cheap shots at low hanging fruit. I have no problem with the team poking fun at him, free speech is cool, even if they seemed a bit misguided. At least this article allowed him to articulate his position, unlike the one in the OP, which just left folks to their own devices.

I do, however, take issue with any white positive group being labeled as "white supremicist"(a term used in this article) by the usual suspects in the MSM.

Minor league team apologizes for poking at Kaepernick

Field Level Media

July 04, 2019 at 4:25 am.

A minor league affiliate of the Chicago Cubs briefly waded into political territory Wednesday, then quickly backed away.

The Double-A Tennessee Smokies apologized after poking at quarterback-turned-activist Colin Kaepernick in an attempt to make light of the recent controversy surrounding the “Betsy Ross flag.”

Nike intended to release a Fourth of July themed shoe this week with the 13-star American flag, but it scrapped the plan after Kaepernick, one of the company’s commercial spokesmen, came out in opposition. According to Kaepernick and others, the old-style flag is offensive becomes it represents the time of slavery and because of its recent co-option by white supremacist groups.

The Smokies drew the Betsy Ross flag in the infield dirt in Kodak, Tenn., on Wednesday, then tweeted, “Hey @Kaepernick7 after a lot of thought, we have decided it’s best to just do it. #America”

The team later deleted the tweet, then posted on Twitter, “Regarding one of our recent tweets regarding @Kaepernick7 and our field design for tonight’s game, it was meant to be a light-hearted take on a current situation. We did not mean to offend anyone by it. If it did, we certainly apologize.”

http://www.lindyssports.com/mlb/article/headline/minor-league-team-apologizes-for-poking-at-kaepernick/494220/

You can bet that if Nike thought that they would make millions with the Betsy Ross themed shoe, it would have been released. What sucks is that my shoes are on back order, and I'm not sure if I'll ever receive them. Thanks Colin ... lol

Seriously, does anybody really believe that this Ass Hat, that goes by the name of Colin Kaepernick has this much pull with Nike? He's a sellout, and nothing more. Nike, who have been around for a long time, and successful, would be foolish if they started making business decisions based on phone calls from him.

We're halfway through 2019, and we're still in search of better critical thinking skills. No offense to anybody on here, because I've been guilty of it myself. It's the state owned media, they're just good at trapping us. Or, we need to step it up, just a little, and start asking ourselves questions after we read these articles. Especially articles about the ass hat Colin.

With time, eventually it can be fun. And ass hats like Colin will be dropped like a hot potato ...

You can bet that if Nike thought that they would make millions with the Betsy Ross themed shoe, it would have been released. What sucks is that my shoes are on back order, and I'm not sure if I'll ever receive them. Thanks Colin ... lol

Seriously, does anybody really believe that this Ass Hat, that goes by the name of Colin Kaepernick has this much pull with Nike? He's a sellout, and nothing more. Nike, who have been around for a long time, and successful, would be foolish if they started making business decisions based on phone calls from him.

We're halfway through 2019, and we're still in search of better critical thinking skills. No offense to anybody on here, because I've been guilty of it myself. It's the state owned media, they're just good at trapping us. Or, we need to step it up, just a little, and start asking ourselves questions after we read these articles. Especially articles about the ass hat Colin.

With time, eventually it can be fun. And ass hats like Colin will be dropped like a hot potato ...

Colin Kaepernick is not the enemy here. He stood up to the militarization of the USA police force and the police state. Just watch an episode of Live PD to see how police treat US citizens. They assume you are high or drunk when they make an excuse to pull you over. They detain you for no reason and handcuff you right away, and then search you for weapons and drugs. They look for any excuse to search your car without probable cause, "you don't mind if we search your car, do you?" Cops draw their guns all the time, even if it is not necessary and escalate a situation.

You don't have to like Colin Kaepernick or agree with his protest but he has/had the right to protest.

This does not excuse Nike, but they have a marketing campaign and wanted to use him and Serena Williams to help them make money.

The problem is the two party system doesn't work, that it's corrupt and broken and special interests groups control what laws get passed because of money given to both candidates through lobbyists.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

A brand expert weighs in on Nike pulling the 'Betsy Ross' flag sneakers

8:18 AM ET Wed, 3 July 2019

Nike announced late Monday that it would pull sneakers featuring an early American flag designed by Betsy Ross. The company made this decision following a complaint from former NFL player Colin Kaepernick. Dean Crutchfield, CEO at Crutchfield and Partners, Joe Terranova of Virtus Investment and Shark Tank's Kevin O'Leary join "Squawk Box" to discuss.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2019/07/03/nike-betsy-ross-flag-sneakers-controversy-brand-expert-squawk-box.html

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Colin Kaepernick is not the enemy here. He stood up to the militarization of the USA police force and the police state. Just watch an episode of Live PD to see how police treat US citizens. They assume you are high or drunk when they make an excuse to pull you over. They detain you for no reason and handcuff you right away, and then search you for weapons and drugs. They look for any excuse to search your car without probable cause, "you don't mind if we search your car, do you?" Cops draw their guns all the time, even if it is not necessary and escalate a situation.

You don't have to like Colin Kaepernick or agree with his protest but he has/had the right to protest.

This does not excuse Nike, but they have a marketing campaign and wanted to use him and Serena Williams to help them make money.

The problem is the two party system doesn't work, that it's corrupt and broken and special interests groups control what laws get passed because of money given to both candidates through lobbyists.

I never said he didn't have a right to protest, just that he's an ass hat. I don't believe for a minute that he's genuine. Colin is just another in a long line of pawns who is used to create strife or racial tension. Whoever is pulling the strings, needs us divided, distracted and fighting with each other. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton anyone? And while I'm not comparing him to those two, with time maybe we all will.

And as for the two party system? Here we go again, "In this country we have one party, pretending to be two. I keep saying this, but someone always seems to keep coming back talking about our two party system, that sadly doesn't exist anymore. We are being, or have been played for far to long.

if you think I'm angry, you're right I am angry (not at you, well maybe a little). We need better critical thinking skills (all of us). The media, and those who own it think we're stupid, gullible and lazy. And as a whole, sadly we are. We are like sheep, being herded into a pen. And most of us go willingly.

im getting pretty fucking sick of a portion of black people and enabling whites making decisions for the rest of the country on all things (even remotely) race related

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Josh Allen is my adopt-a-nigga

Harrison Phillips is my adopt-a-meatball

I never said he didn't have a right to protest, just that he's an ass hat. I don't believe for a minute that he's genuine.

i think he IS genuine. hes a half-black man with two white adoptive parents who is obviously massively overcompensating for his desperate attempt to establish his "black" identity

hes a genuine reflection of the ridiculous imbalance in the b/w relationship that automatically gives authority to anything blackness says about race. this imbalance is destroying racial reconciliation as bad as when whitey was intentionally instituting racism

most of blackness would rather seek retribution than reconciliation. until that changes, the b/w relationship will remain broken

I never said he didn't have a right to protest, just that he's an ass hat. I don't believe for a minute that he's genuine. Colin is just another in a long line of pawns who is used to create strife or racial tension. Whoever is pulling the strings, needs us divided, distracted and fighting with each other. Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton anyone? And while I'm not comparing him to those two, with time maybe we all will.

And as for the two party system? Here we go again, "In this country we have one party, pretending to be two. I keep saying this, but someone always seems to keep coming back talking about our two party system, that sadly doesn't exist anymore. We are being, or have been played for far to long.

if you think I'm angry, you're right I am angry (not at you, well maybe a little). We need better critical thinking skills (all of us). The media, and those who own it think we're stupid, gullible and lazy. And as a whole, sadly we are. We are like sheep, being herded into a pen. And most of us go willingly.

I'm not angry at you.

The unusually high number of deaths by black people by police is creating racial tension and strife. Colin Kaepernick using his platform to bring this everyone's attention is a good thing. A police state, the militarization of the police force and the police executing US citizens shouldn't be normalized and allowed because of bad training by the police and letting police officers off with slaps on the wrist when they kill unarmed people.

It should be shocking that the police force has a minimal IQ for hiring candidates, that they don't want police officers that have critical thinking skills and common sense. They want to hire, dumb, jocks, who are automatons and want to be police because they watched cop shows and movies where cops can kill people and that seems cool to them.

Kaepernick is bringing attention to a broken police system is and that is a patriotic thing to do even though it cost him his job in the NFL.

The US military sells Tanks, weapons to police forces. Sheriffs shouldn't be in green army fatigue and look like soldiers when they are in fact police.

13-ferguson-missouri-michael-brown-1.w700.h467.jpg

SWAT-policeman-camo.jpg

What transpired in the streets appeared to be a kind a municipal version of shock and awe; the first wave of flash grenades and tear gas had played as a prelude to the appearance of an unusually large armored vehicle, carrying a military-style rifle mounted on a tripod. The message of all of this was something beyond the mere maintenance of law and order: it’s difficult to imagine how armored officers with what looked like a mobile military sniper’s nest could quell the anxieties of a community outraged by allegations regarding the excessive use of force. It revealed itself as a raw matter of public intimidation.

The instruments of that intimidation have been funneled to local police beginning with the drug war, as laid out by journalist Radley Balko in his book Rise of the Warrior Cop, and a Cato Institute paper on the subject from 2006:

Over the last 25 years, America has seen a disturbing militarization of its civilian law enforcement, along with a dramatic and unsettling rise in the use of paramilitary police units (most commonly called Special Weapons and Tactics, or SWAT) for routine police work. The most common use of SWAT teams today is to serve narcotics warrants, usually with forced, unannounced entry into the home.

These increasingly frequent raids, 40,000 per year by one estimate, are needlessly subjecting nonviolent drug offenders, bystanders, and wrongly targeted civilians to the terror of having their homes invaded while they’re sleeping, usually by teams of heavily armed paramilitary units dressed not as police officers but as soldiers.

Photo: Scott Olson/Getty Images

The trend only increased as a response to terror after September 11, and more so as the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan wound down. From Adam Serwer at MSNBC:

According to the American Civil Liberties Union, the Department of Defense has transferred $4.3 billion in military equipment to local and state police through the 1033 program, first enacted in 1996 at the height of the so-called War on Drugs. The Department of Justice, according to the ACLU, “plays an important role in the militarization of the police” through its grant programs. It’s not that individual police officers are bad people – it’s that shifts in the American culture of policing encourages officers to ”think of the people they serve as enemies.” […]

Training materials obtained by the ACLU encourage departments to “build the right mind-set in your troops” in order to thwart “terrorist plans to massacre our schoolchildren.” It is possible that, since 9/11, police militarization has massacred more American schoolchildren than any al-Qaida terrorist.

Justin Amash

@justinamash

Images & reports out of #Ferguson are frightening. Is this a war zone or a US city? Gov't escalates tensions w/military equipment & tactics.

10:12 PM - Aug 13, 2014

Twitter Ads info and privacy

1,688 people are talking about this

Ferguson specifically was a part of such a program, USA Today reports, having “received advanced rifle sights and night vision equipment between 2012 and 2014”:

Michelle McCaskill, media relations chief at the Defense Logistics Agency, confirms that the Ferguson Police Department is part of a federal program called 1033 that distributes hundreds of millions of dollars of surplus military equipment to civilian police forces across the United States. The materials range from small items, such as pistols and automatic rifles, to heavy armored vehicles such as the MRAPs used in Afghanistan and Iraq.

“In 2013 alone, $449,309,003.71 worth of property was transferred to law enforcement,” the agency’s website states.

As Matt Apuzzo of the New York Times described presciently in June, the broader trend includes sending equipment to towns with no use for it. (The state of Missouri has received seven armored vehicles since 2006.) And much of that gear is provided in a “use it or lose it” arrangement:

Between 2011 and 2012, sixty-three agencies polled by the A.C.L.U. reported that they had received “a total of 15,054 items of battle uniforms or personal protective equipment”; some five hundred agencies had received “vehicles built to withstand armor-piercing roadside bombs.” In many instances, the receipt of these military-grade weapons is contingent on their use within a calendar year.

View image on Twitter

View image on Twitter

Jon Swaine

@jonswaine

From same street: remains of "Triple Chaser" CS gas canister, "60 cal stinger" rubber bullet magazine; rubber bullets

10:54 AM - Aug 12, 2014

305 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

How necessary is any of this? Well, in February, local Sergeant Matthew Pleviak of St. Louis County’s Tactical Operations Unit SWAT team told the River Front Times, “If you go to any subdivison, there’s grass and trees and bushes.”

But writing for the Daily Beast, a military veteran argued, “The net effect is a Ferguson police department in name only. In terms of its equipment, organization, and deployment methods, the Ferguson force looks more like an infantry or military police company in Iraq … this military gear transforms the police department into an occupying army, and enables the police to act with such speed and violence so as to destroy any meaningful right to peaceably assemble or address grievances towards government.”

Balkey put it this way in a Reddit AMA before Ferguson: “I think that as bad as the weapons and tactics are, the uniforms might be more pernicious, at least in terms of fostering a militaristic mindset.”

“When you dress like a soldier,” he wrote, “you’re predisposing yourself to start thinking like one. And of course, there’s really no strategic value, unless you’re raiding a forest.”

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2014/08/insane-militarization-police-ferguson.html

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Trump has made it acceptable to be a neo-nazi, Trump has made it cool to be a racist and xenophobic.

i despise the don, but this is a gross exaggeration

inbred rednecks or heavily biased blacks and enabling whites might THINK thats what hes done, but theres nothing to indicate your statement is correct

those groups have indeed flourished, but its bc don is a flaming asshole. if you want to say dons flaming asshollery has emboldened racist/white nationalists (also flaming assholes) then i would agree with that. but there is no pattern in dons record that indicates he himself is racist. i wish there was, id LOVE to throw that on his pile. but its just not there

Kaepernick was doing just fine until Nessa “ woke” him. She wound him up like a toy and he ran with it.

I'm not angry at you.

The unusually high number of deaths by black people by police is creating racial tension and strife. Colin Kaepernick using his platform to bring this everyone's attention is a good thing. A police state, the militarization of the police force and the police executing US citizens shouldn't be normalized and allowed because of bad training by the police and letting police officers off with slaps on the wrist when they kill unarmed people.

It should be shocking that the police force has a minimal IQ for hiring candidates, that they don't want police officers that have critical thinking skills and common sense. They want to hire, dumb, jocks, who are automatons and want to be police because they watched cop shows and movies where cops can kill people and that seems cool to them.

Kaepernick is bringing attention to a broken police system is and that is a patriotic thing to do even though it cost him his job in the NFL.

The US military sells Tanks, weapons to police forces. Sheriffs shouldn't be in green army fatigue and look like soldiers when they are in fact police.

13-ferguson-missouri-michael-brown-1.w700.h467.jpg

SWAT-policeman-camo.jpg

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2014/08/insane-militarization-police-ferguson.html

And I'm guessing by your post that black people don't create racial tension? I stand by what I said, Colin is just a pawn.

What should really be shocking is that IQ's as a whole are dropping. Are we intentionally being dumbed down? Hmmm ...

Kaepernick was doing just fine until Nessa “ woke” him. She wound him up like a toy and he ran with it.

not familiar with nessa. pls elaborate

And I'm guessing by your post that black people don't create racial tension? I stand by what I said, Colin is just a pawn.

What should really be shocking is that IQ's as a whole are dropping. Are we intentionally being dumbed down? Hmmm ...

I'm not saying some black people don't create racial tension, but it would be disingenuous to assume that black people are at fault for all negative police interactions. Just look at who they are recruiting to be a police officer and the bad training they are receiving.

It's easier to control a population that has a lower IQ.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg