Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

What is the WORSE pick do you think Beane could make at 9? If he trades back?

Realistically what would you consider the worst pick Beane could make at 9?

Or, if he trades back?

Mine are:

At 9 => Rashan Gary, DE. I don't get the hype on this guy.

and later in the 1st => Brian Burns, DE. I think Burns is another Sackless Lawson level of talent.

Upgrade the OLine

I think trading back is the worst possible move. Here's why, per Albert Breer (who is a toad but still):

D4wntemXkAQIWYM.jpg:large

You need to be in the top 10 to get an elite player (if you believe this stuff) and they clearly need more elite-level players, not a bunch of average guys since that's what they did in FA.

lol

ECQKgbmW4AAkI5n.jpg:large

At the Bills pick at 9th overall one of the following players should be available: Ed Oliver, TJ Hockenson, DK Metcalf , Montez Sweat and Andre Dillard.

All of those players improve the talent on Buffalo's roster.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Or, if he trades back?

Mine are:

and later in the 1st => Brian Burns, DE. I think Burns is another Sackless Lawson level of talent.

Chase Winovich looked better than Rashan Gary in games I watched. Rashan is more talented but hasn't produced to his abilities.

I don't like light edge rushers, Brian Burns was playing around 230 lbs on his 6'4" frame at Flordia State. He bulked up to 250 for the combine, but hasn't proven he can hold that weight and still be an explosive pass rusher.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Passing on Hockenson is the worst pick he could make. I don't care which defensive player they draft. Every time I see whomever they pick, I'm going to think, we could have drafted Hockenson and I'm going to tell the person seated nearest to me to go pound sand.

MY FOUR FAVORITE TEAMS:

1) THE BLUE JAYS 2) THE BILLS

3) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE RED SOX

4) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE PACHEATIOTS

:bills:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetsy

Imagine, Patsie fans thinking something was amiss in A super Bowl. I bet they thought they had a monopoly on cheating. LOL

Passing on Hockenson is the worst pick he could make. I don't care which defensive player they draft. Every time I see whomever they pick, I'm going to think, we could have drafted Hockenson and I'm going to tell the person seated nearest to me to go pound sand.

I'm torn between Ed Oliver and TJ Hockenson, I think they will both be great NFL players.

I would be ok drafting Ed Oliver at 9 and then drafting a TE in the 2nd round.

I would also be ok with drafting TJ Hockenson and then drafting a DT in the 2nd round.

Ideally, both Ed Oliver and TJ Hockenson will be on the board at 9th overall.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

At the Bills pick at 9th overall one of the following players should be available: Ed Oliver, TJ Hockenson, DK Metcalf , Montez Sweat and Andre Dillard.

All of those players improve the talent on Buffalo's roster.

That wasn’t the question.

Who would be the worse pick by Beane ,in your Opinion, at 9?

Upgrade the OLine

a defensive back from the Big 10.

Sin is nothing to celebrate, have pride in, or hold parades for. The rainbow is a symbol of promise not a symbol of depravity.

That wasn’t the question.

Who would be the worse pick by Beane ,in your Opinion, at 9?

Greedy Williams, he is a soft CB who hates to tackle and is best used in bump and run man coverage. Greedy Williams would be a bad pick because he doesn't like to come up in run support, doesn't like to tackle.

Unless Leslie Frazier wants to switch to man coverage Greedy Williams wouldn't make any sense.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

I'm torn between Ed Oliver and TJ Hockenson, I think they will both be great NFL players.

I would be ok drafting Ed Oliver at 9 and then drafting a TE in the 2nd round.

I would also be ok with drafting TJ Hockenson and then drafting a DT in the 2nd round.

Ideally, both Ed Oliver and TJ Hockenson will be on the board at 9th overall.

I agree the only two players I want at 9. But I have a feeling that a team ahead of us will make that decision for us by picking one of the two.

Ed Oliver may end up being the better player but Hock is the type of player Josh Allen needs and gives him the right tools to be successful. And that’s why I slightly favor Hock. He will do wonders for Allen’s completion percentage. We need someone with good hands on the team that can handle a fastball. Last year was a shit show with all those drops.

Greedy Williams, he is a soft CB who hates to tackle and is best used in bump and run man coverage. Greedy Williams would be a bad pick because he doesn't like to come up in run support, doesn't like to tackle.

Unless Leslie Frazier wants to switch to man coverage Greedy Williams wouldn't make any sense.

You are right about Greedy not being a good pick. I also think he might go in the 20's.

I was thinking more of a guy that should go in Top 12. I am not at all sure why we would take Rashan Gary.

Upgrade the OLine

Or, if he trades back?

Mine are:

I think I agree about Gary but not about Burns. Burns is boom or bust. He will either be the next Danielle Hunter or the next Aaron Maybin.

I think I agree about Gary but not about Burns. Burns is boom or bust. He will either be the next Danielle Hunter or the next Aaron Maybin.

Brian Burns. That is why I would not draft him. Too much risk. This is your first round pick. You have to make it count. I would rather draft Garrett Bradberry if we traded down over Brian Burns.

Bradberry appears to be a solid, long term player (unfortunately he plays center so we don't need that). Or, "later in the 1st round" I would be okay with Christian Wilkins. Maybe even AJ Brown, WR.

Upgrade the OLine

D K would be the worst pick at #9

Trading back? Josh Jacobs. The Bills have invested a lot of resources into RBs over the last couple decades and where has it got them?

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

Fant at 9 is the pick that would make me the most sick. Would be a reach + likely taking either the 2nd TE off the board OR picking Fant over Hockenson which would just be me comparing their careers constantly

Is it possible Beane takes Brian Burns and has him take over Lorenzo Alexander's role of OLB on 1st and 2nd down and then move up to rush the passer on passing downs?

I don't like experimenting with such a high pick but McDermott loves his pass rushers.

D K would be the worst pick at #9

Trading back? Josh Jacobs. The Bills have invested a lot of resources into RBs over the last couple decades and where has it got them?

Agree. I don't understand all the hype surrounding D k. He has bust written all over him ...

Agree. I don't understand all the hype surrounding D k. He has bust written all over him ...

DK scares the hell out of me too but some draft "experts" that I really respect love him, making me a little interested in taking him at 9.

I'll admit that I'm a sucker for wr's and pass rusher's but if DK pans out he could be exactly what Josh Allen needs.

DK Metcalf is not a finished product, he was not running a full pass route tree at Ole Miss. The offense at Ole Miss had him running go routes, hitches, slants and out routes. The QB play was mediocre and they featured his teammate AJ Brown more on offense than they did Metcalf.

With pro coaching Metcalf will be able to play to his ability had has upside to be a Josh Gordan, Julio Jones, Calvin Johnson type player. Metcalf is a physical player, he likes to block and is tough to handle in one on one coverage and eats up bump and run coverage. Yes there is a little bit of risk with Metcalf, but his upside is unlimited as he projects to be a much better NFL player than he was in college.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

I think trading back is the worst possible move. Here's why, per Albert Breer (who is a toad but still):

D4wntemXkAQIWYM.jpg:large

You need to be in the top 10 to get an elite player (if you believe this stuff) and they clearly need more elite-level players, not a bunch of average guys since that's what they did in FA.

I've read similar things from others, and don't necessarily disagree with the guy quoted. However, I think in this year's draft, it can easily be argued that the elite level drop off comes before pick 9, not magically after pick 10. Some say way before it. Every pick Ive seen listed at 9 comes with legitimate question marks. There doesn't seem to be a sure thing type of player unless Beane wants to trade up, or someone mindblowingly falls. At least according to what has been written, take it for what you will. Even the fella who beat down the chick has a more football-relevant question mark now with his injury. That's how this year's draft is.

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

I've read similar things from others, and don't necessarily disagree with the guy quoted. However, I think in this year's draft, it can easily be argued that the elite level drop off comes before pick 9, not magically after pick 10. Some say way before it. Every pick Ive seen listed at 9 comes with legitimate question marks. There doesn't seem to be a sure thing type of player unless Beane wants to trade up, or someone mindblowingly falls. At least according to what has been written, take it for what you will. Even the fella who beat down the chick has a more football-relevant question mark now with his injury. That's how this year's draft is.

Like your response, thanks.

Upgrade the OLine

You are right about Greedy not being a good pick. I also think he might go in the 20's.

I was thinking more of a guy that should go in Top 12. I am not at all sure why we would take Rashan Gary.

While I get why people would list Greedy as an answer here, just today I saw one mock that had him well before our pick, regardless of his tackling question marks. Even Oliver has a thread about his question marks, so my answer is that I'm not attaching my happiness to what Beaner does with this pick. After America drafted Trump, the next day I posted a thread that neither side knew what they were getting, and history has proven it correct, unfortunately.

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

DK scares the hell out of me too but some draft "experts" that I really respect love him, making me a little interested in taking him at 9.

I'll admit that I'm a sucker for wr's and pass rusher's but if DK pans out he could be exactly what Josh Allen needs.

3rd, 4th round, fine. But not at 9. There are more proven receivers out there, who can help Allen now.

Of the players I've seen mentioned as potential Bills picks I would go with: Any CB, Hockenson, or White/Bush as the worst choices

Is it possible Beane takes Brian Burns and has him take over Lorenzo Alexander's role of OLB on 1st and 2nd down and then move up to rush the passer on passing downs?

I don't like experimenting with such a high pick but McDermott loves his pass rushers.

thats how i would use him in this defense. but i think we have guys that can fill that role already.