Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

Beane has officially set a record for signing the most Free Agents in an offseason....

After signing RB TJ Yeldon this morning, how many Free Agents have we signed now? 17? 20? Honestly I lost count.

But it has to be a record in the modern era for the Bills franchise.

One note, long term. You qualify for Compensatory Draft Picks by LOSING more FAs than you SIGN in Free Agency. Obviously that is out the window this year. However, next spring I expect we could lose quite a few of the FAs we recently signed on one year deals this year.

So next spring I would suspect we will lose more than we sign and finally qualify for some compensatory picks (FYI the Patriots received 4 compensatory picks this spring. Two 3rd round comps. A 6th and a 7th. Which are all tradeable. Watch Billy Boy trade up at some point with the extra ammo)

Signature7smaller.jpg?dl=1

He's judicious as fuck.

He didn't say he wouldn't sign 18 guys, he just said he wouldn't sign Mario Williams for $110 million dollars Ha Ha.

But according to some players/reporters, no one wants to play/live in Buffalo.

MY FOUR FAVORITE TEAMS:

1) THE BLUE JAYS 2) THE BILLS

3) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE RED SOX

4) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE PACHEATIOTS

:bills:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetsy

Imagine, Patsie fans thinking something was amiss in A super Bowl. I bet they thought they had a monopoly on cheating. LOL

Most of the free agents signed by Beane have been on the offensive side of the ball because that was the weaker area of the team. The talent level on the OL, WR, TE and RB is improved from last year.

You will notice that Beane didn't overpay to get a veteran 3 tech DT like Sheldon Richardson or Malik Jackson. That leads me to believe that Beane will draft a 3 tech DT in the 1st or 2nd round.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Most of the free agents signed by Beane have been on the offensive side of the ball because that was the weaker area of the team. The talent level on the OL, WR, TE and RB is improved from last year.

You will notice that Beane didn't overpay to get a veteran 3 tech DT like Sheldon Richardson or Malik Jackson. That leads me to believe that Beane will draft a 3 tech DT in the 1st or 2nd round.

2nd round options don’t look overly exciting.

Which 3DT would you take in the 2nd round?

2nd round options don’t look overly exciting.

Which 3DT would you take in the 2nd round?

The talent for 3 tech DT is much better in the 1st round than the 2nd round. The drop off in talent in the 2nd round to the 3rd round is massive.

If Buffalo goes with TE TJ Hockenson in the 1st round, they must trade into the bottom of the 1st round to draft Christian Wilkins or draft one of Jerry Tillery or Daniel Wise or Khalen Saunders in the 2nd round. Out of all of the 2nd round options, I like Jerry Tillery the best.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

The talent for 3 tech DT is much better in the 1st round than the 2nd round. The drop off in talent in the 2nd round to the 3rd round is massive.

If Buffalo goes with TE TJ Hockenson in the 1st round, they must trade into the bottom of the 1st round to draft Christian Wilkins or draft one of Jerry Tillery or Daniel Wise or Khalen Saunders. Out of all of the 2nd round options, I like Jerry Tillery the best.

I like the idea of trading up for Christian Wilkins, not too far of course, I don't want to shoot the wad on one player.

We traded away two 4th round picks to move up to get Reggie Ragland, plus our 2nd round pick and we got burnt on that deal.

If Buffalo goes with TE TJ Hockenson in the 1st round, they must trade into the bottom of the 1st round to draft Christian Wilkins or draft one of Jerry Tillery or Daniel Wise or Khalen Saunders. Out of all of the 2nd round options, I like Jerry Tillery the best.

I have a feeling the Bills have no interest in Jerry Tillery. No contact whatsoever, and Tillery was not at the Senior Bowl. Plus, I have followed Tillery since Notre Dame was recruiting him out of high school. Mega promise but...there is something about his up and down play that just doesn't feel right. I think I would prefer Khalen Saunders, but 40 is kinda high for him. Maybe you trade UP from the 3rd round pick to get him. Use the #40 on something else.

Some of the many free agents signed won’t be on the roster when the season starts.

Some of the many free agents signed won’t be on the roster when the season starts.

Sure Majority of them will be though.

This may not be a team that UDFAs really want to come to this year.

Sure Majority of them will be though.

This may not be a team that UDFAs really want to come to this year.

Agreed. While WR Duke Williams might not make the final 53, Mitch Morse sure will.

And maybe Jon Feliciano doesn't stick, but Cole Beasley and John Brown will.

Agreed. While WR Duke Williams might not make the final 53, Mitch Morse sure will.

I think atleast 12-15 of the FAs they signed will be here.

Most of the fa's should make the team but I could see rb Perry, te Fisher, db Johnson and an o-lineman or 2 getting beat out.

There is depth on this roster we haven't seen in a long time.

I'd be surprised if Beane uses all 10 of our draft picks. There aren't enough roster spots.

Most of the fa's should make the team but I could see rb Perry, te Fisher, db Johnson and an o-lineman or 2 getting beat out.

I'd be surprised if Beane uses all 10 of our draft picks. There aren't enough roster spots.

Good point about roster spots.

Last year we drafted some long shots in rounds 6 and 7 (and all 6th and 7th round picks are long shots...). Those types of players won't make the roster in 2019. Better to use our 6th and both 7ths to move up when necessary.

We do have two 4ths and two 5ths, so I could see one of each being used as well.

Just hope they are used wisely.

Good point about roster spots.

Last year we drafted some long shots in rounds 6 and 7 (and all 6th and 7th round picks are long shots...). Those types of players won't make the roster in 2019. Better to use our 6th and both 7ths to move up when necessary.

We do have two 4ths and two 5ths, so I could see one of each being used as well.

Just hope they are used wisely.

I heard this story come from Doug Whaley too. This roster isn’t that good, there’s room.

IMO Jon Feliciano will make the roster. I have him as the starting LG and see him beating out Wyatt Teller for the spot.

IMO the OL will be:

LT Dion Dawkins, LG Jon Feliciano, C Mitch Morse, RG Quinton Spain , and RT Ty Nsekhe .

I see Russell Bodine being cut because Spencer Long can be the backup Center and can also be a Guard.

I see Vlad Ducasse being cut because Wyatt Teller is younger, cheaper and has a higher upside and can be just as good or better than Ducasse as a back up Guard.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

The talent and depth on the roster is superior to last years team. Beane purposely wanted to get rid of the $50 million dead cap in one season, allowing him a free salary cap to use to sign free agent depth and starter for this season.

I could see Beane trading up into the 2nd round or 3rd round to take advantage of the extra draft capital to get a player he has highly rated on his big board.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

I heard this story come from Doug Whaley too. This roster isn’t that good, there’s room.

There are always holes in the roster and area's you can improve. You are never going to have all pro's at every position.

It's important to improve in the weak area's of the team to have a balanced team that can win with defense or offense or special teams or a combination of all three units.

Doug Whaley was a collector of talent but couldn't add talent that would work well and make the sum of the parts better than the whole. Whaley was terrible in salary cap management and continually pushed cap money down the road. There were a lot of players that were always injured like Sammy Watkins, that shut it down after they got paid like Marcell Dareus.

Brandon Beane has put his own stamp on this team and gotten rid of most of the Dough Whaley draft/acquired players other than Jerry Hughes, Lesean McCoy and Shaq Lawson. Buffalo is a young talent with a lot of ascending players.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg