Sign in to follow this  
Laughing Coffin

Stanford RB Love's knee stiffness concerning teams: Take him in the 5th and stash him

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001027137/article/stanford-rb-loves-knee-stiffness-concerning-teams

Teams are concerned with how his ACL is going to heal, and because of this is likely to be a day 3 pick. I say if he's there in the 4th or definitely in the 5th, take him and stash him on IR this year. He has a great motor and work ethic and with how often 5th round picks pan out anyways, it would be worth taking a flyer on Love, as RB will be a certain position of need for us in 2020 when McCoy and Gore are both likely gone.

Sounds like a solid plan.

This team is going to be much deeper than other Bills rosters. We can afford to stash a player away for a year of development.

I would take him in the 7th. Maybe the 6th. Not 5th.

We might get another Matt Milano or Wyatt Teller with that 5th round pick.

Upgrade the OLine

Who would have guessed a guy named Crazy Legs would not be big on backs? :)

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is the new best documentary in existence: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My adopt a Bill is LeSean McCoy

Teller is not that good, Milano has been a pleasant surprise. But Milano wasn't playing at a strong level until year 2, year 1 he was in sporadically and was slowly earning more PT. You wouldn't wait a year for your 5th round pick to produce at a high level? I certainly would wait a year for Bryce Love in a position of dire need in 2020

There is a high upside on Love, so I would have no problem using a 5th round pick on him and giving him a red shirt year so his knee can fully heal up.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

When I do the Mock draft sites, I usually draft a RB with the 1st 4th round pick. A log jam at the position starts forming around then and I can get a guy that has a high 3d round grade. And lately Love love has falling into the 7th and I grab him as well. Gore will be one and done (probably), McCoy is coming to the end of his contract. Put Love on IR, and you have a talented RB to replace them next year for a late rounder this year.

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

Poor kid. It still blows my mind that he went back to school. He really cost himself with that decision.

I think there will be some caution on RBs after Lattimore, granted that was a bigger injury, but the guy had to retire before he started. Not saying anything against him, but it became a wasted pick. Picks are too valuable. If Love can make it back to form, you have to take him, but if there’s a legitimate question, then you spend that pick on somebody who also has a high ceiling and needs polish vs an injury. I’m of the belief that 6th and 7th round picks are for fliers, the first 5 rounds you should be able to find contributors. They don’t all work out obviously, but Beane said earlier there’s about 150 guys on your board, you get great odds of landing 5 of them, then it’s on to flier time.

Teller is not that good, Milano has been a pleasant surprise. But Milano wasn't playing at a strong level until year 2, year 1 he was in sporadically and was slowly earning more PT. You wouldn't wait a year for your 5th round pick to produce at a high level? I certainly would wait a year for Bryce Love in a position of dire need in 2020

I should qualify my response regarding Running Back. I think the Bills should draft one. I am not as confident in Shady McCoy as others.

And, the Bills are looking at RBs in the Pre Draft Process, i.e. Miles Sanders, Devin Singletary, and others. Running Backs you would have to take either in the 3rd round, or with the very first pick in the 4th.

Thus I assume they will have drafted a Running Back in the middle rounds. Drafting Bryce Love would be the 2nd RB to be drafted by Beane, so it would make sense to take him in the 6th or 7th. And that is what they should do with the 6th and 7th round picks - roll the dice on either medical risks or character risks. (or use those late round picks to move up at some point)

Upgrade the OLine

I should qualify my response regarding Running Back. I think the Bills should draft one. I am not as confident in Shady McCoy as others.

And, the Bills are looking at RBs in the Pre Draft Process, i.e. Miles Sanders, Devin Singletary, and others. Running Backs you would have to take either in the 3rd round, or with the very first pick in the 4th.

Thus I assume they will have drafted a Running Back in the middle rounds. Drafting Bryce Love would be the 2nd RB to be drafted by Beane, so it would make sense to take him in the 6th or 7th. And that is what they should do with the 6th and 7th round picks - roll the dice on either medical risks or character risks. (or use those late round picks to move up at some point)

I'm ok with drafting 2 RB's, one that can play this year in the 3rd or 4th rounds and Bryce Love in the 5th or 6th rounds.

Both Lesean McCoy and Frank Gore are on expiring contracts.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

I'm ok with drafting 2 RB's, one that can play this year in the 3rd or 4th rounds and Bryce Love in the 5th or 6th rounds.

Both Lesean McCoy and Frank Gore are on expiring contracts.

IMO LeShady McCoy might not be that great this year. Fans want to believe he his still beating father time, yet it remains to be seen.

Maybe he will be okay if he gets 60% of the carries, Gore gets 40% and the OLine is infinitely better than last year.

Upgrade the OLine

IMO LeShady McCoy might not be that great this year. Fans want to believe he his still beating father time, yet it remains to be seen.

Maybe he will be okay if he gets 60% of the carries, Gore gets 40% and the OLine is infinitely better than last year.

IMO McCoy should be used more as a receiving option. I want to draft a RB and give him reps in the running game. The running game reps should be divided between the rookie, Gore and McCoy.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg