Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Legs

TheDraftNetwork - Jon Ledyard - Offers some caution on taking Ed Oliver in the Top 10

Jon Ledyard

"...For years Ed Oliver has been heralded as no. 1 overall pick material, but the lack of improvement during his junior year is pretty troubling despite his unreal athletic gifts. Powerful, explosive and capable of winning the leverage battle on every rep, Oliver isn't where he needs to be in terms of production because of his lack of mental processing in the run game and rush plan on passing downs.

His smaller size isn't a major issue by itself, but when you couple it with some of his balance concerns on the interior and the fact he hasn't faced any elite offensive line play in his college tenure, it's fair to be a little worried.

At the end of the day, Oliver is far too explosive with freakish strength and movement skills to not take a chance on, but we need to acknowledge that he is definitely a risk; a risk that might not be worth taking in the top ten of the 2019 NFL Draft..."

1st round grade

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

Trade for McCoy. Tampa can no longer afford him.

MY FOUR FAVORITE TEAMS:

1) THE BLUE JAYS 2) THE BILLS

3) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE RED SOX

4) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE PACHEATIOTS

:bills:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetsy

Imagine, Patsie fans thinking something was amiss in A super Bowl. I bet they thought they had a monopoly on cheating. LOL

Trade for McCoy. Tampa can no longer afford him.

I saw a mock, that included trades, that had the Bills trading one of the 5ths for McCoy. I want BPA at 9. If that's not a DT, then I'm fine with trading a low round pick for McCoy and taking on that salary.

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

I saw a mock, that included trades, that had the Bills trading one of the 5ths for McCoy. I want BPA at 9. If that's not a DT, then I'm fine with trading a low round pick for McCoy and taking on that salary.

Exactly what I am hoping for. Get McCoy for a mid rounder and go after Hockenson in the first round.

That would be an interesting move (trading a 5th for McCoy).

Another really interesting trade would be for DE Frank Clark, Seattle. Maybe the Seahawks can no longer afford him after signing Russell Wilson.

Exactly what I am hoping for. Get McCoy for a mid rounder and go after Hockenson in the first round.

This is my hopeful scenario, exactly

This scenario is not out of the question.

All I got to say is if we draft Hockenson at 9, he better be more Vernon Davis than Eric Ebron.

Every NFL draft prospect has flaws to their respective games. It's the job of the GM, scouts and the coaching staff to determine if the player has the heart , work ethic, intelligence and dedication to improve, if they can be coached up and developed.

Ed Oliver is a 3 tech DT with the skill set of John Randle/Warren Sapp, you want a player of his talent on your team.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

I would rather have Frank Clark over Gerald McCoy, if given the choice.

Clark is a lot younger. And we are going to need Edge rusher(s) in 2020, 2021, and 2023.

How much would we have to give up for Frank Clark? McCoy can be had for a late round pick.

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

How much would we have to give up for Frank Clark? McCoy can be had for a late round pick.

My pure guess is a 2nd round pick.

He is worth it. No one you can draft in the 2nd round this year would be more valuable as an Edge Rusher like Frank Clark.