Sign in to follow this  
jamsim67

Concerning next season ... Ask the Fan

Don't get me wrong, I'm on board with the complete overhaul (rebuild) and believe that it was long overdue. But in my opinion, free agency was nothing but depth players (which is a good thing). Where they really need to build for the future is with the upcoming draft.

Concerning next season, I want more wins. But will more wins and maybe a playoff appearance hurt this team when it comes to where they draft the following year? Or will another year of losing be just what the doctor ordered?

Will being more competitive be enough, giving you a little more hope for the future? How much progress do you expect?

I know what my expectations are, just want to see yours.

There are no wrong answers ...

I see another season with 5-7 wins...tops. Unless this team kills it in the draft I can see this team going down the road as the other Pegula owned franchise. As you said these guys we got in the offseason are depth guys...none are going to blow anyone away. Eichel has been in the league for 4 years and is withering on the vine because the owners and management are throwing shit at the wall and seeing if it sticks. Bills will be doing the same when the offense, again, will be neglected in the upcoming draft.

miserable that 70s show GIF

All depends on Allen. The D is good. And if Allen improves his short to intermediate game then we are already pretty good I think. After the draft the offense has probably better players than last year, and with a better Allen and the same D we can realistically go to the playoffs.

If Allen stays as is then we are fucked no matter who we draft and sign.

But I agree, almost all players so far are depth. Thats nice but will not improve the team.

And since we now have our QB I dont care where we draft. I think the only reason to plan on drafting high is when you need a QB. If you have him, the draft order does not matter. Or at least wins matter more.

Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Eightyfive percents

Don't get me wrong, I'm on board with the complete overhaul (rebuild) and believe that it was long overdue. But in my opinion, free agency was nothing but depth players (which is a good thing). Where they really need to build for the future is with the upcoming draft.

Concerning next season, I want more wins. But will more wins and maybe a playoff appearance hurt this team when it comes to where they draft the following year? Or will another year of losing be just what the doctor ordered?

Will being more competitive be enough, giving you a little more hope for the future? How much progress do you expect?

I know what my expectations are, just want to see yours.

There are no wrong answers ...

There is only so much you can do in Free Agency. Really you are filling in some spots. Typically there aren't Elite players in Free Agency. When there are a few All Pro players that hit Free Agency, they may not be interested in playing for your team.

THE DRAFT. That is where you build your team. If it is a 1st rounder, he is locked in for 5 years to you. The other rounds, they are locked in for 4 years. At pretty reasonable prices. That is why I have a fetish for trading down in some years. Extra picks. More chances to get lucky.

DRAFT POSITION in 2020. Doesn't matter much. More important is the # of picks you have in your quiver.

TRADES. You CAN help your team if you execute the proper trade. The Raiders traded a 3rd and 5th for Antonio Brown. That could really help them. I wanted the Bills to trade for OG Kevin Zeitler. We didn't.

Go Bills.

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

WR and OL they picked up are considerably better than last season.....I expect the defence to not miss a beat and the offence will be considerably better with what we done so far considering the scrubs we had......alot of it is now on Allens shoulders...lets see how he handles it....

They did well in FA and now have 3/5 of the OL with C -Morse, G-Spain & LT-Dawkins pretty much set, the other's are depth and competition to fill the remaining 2 spots. They signed 2 WR's in Brown & Beasley + TE Kroft who should help Allen and can't forget Frank Gore here either. I agree with those that say you build through the draft that's why this #9 pick in this draft is important. If they have a chance to get a impact player @ #9 you do so and not trade down. If your guy's not there I would trade down if possible. They have plenty of draft capital (10 picks) to do pretty much anything they want. That 1st pick will set the tone in this draft...….will it be Oliver, Gary, Hockenson, Fant or Taylor? IDK? I wish I knew I've seen all sorts of mock's and each one is different, the only player I don't want to see in the 1st is Metcalf.

I really don't believe in "rebuild" mentality. If I am an owner and I heard the word rebuild from a GM or a coach I might fire them on the spot. I think every team in the league has good pieces and as an organization the goal is to win every year and improve every year and "build" upon that which you already have.

To rebuild implies to me that you are going to tear things down and start over which also implies that we are talking about wasted years to destroy and start over with no guarantee that it will be any better than it was when you started the process.

I could also say the same thing about the "Tanking" mentality.

They did well in FA and now have 3/5 of the OL with C -Morse, G-Spain & LT-Dawkins pretty much set, the other's are depth and competition to fill the remaining 2 spots. They signed 2 WR's in Brown & Beasley + TE Kroft who should help Allen and can't forget Frank Gore here either. I agree with those that say you build through the draft that's why this #9 pick in this draft is important. If they have a chance to get a impact player @ #9 you do so and not trade down. If your guy's not there I would trade down if possible. They have plenty of draft capital (10 picks) to do pretty much anything they want. That 1st pick will set the tone in this draft...….will it be Oliver, Gary, Hockenson, Fant or Taylor? IDK? I wish I knew I've seen all sorts of mock's and each one is different, the only player I don't want to see in the 1st is Metcalf.

I agree, do not understand the love for Metcalf. Right now it is all hype, and I hope the Bill's do not fall for it.

I really don't believe in "rebuild" mentality. If I am an owner and I heard the word rebuild from a GM or a coach I might fire them on the spot. I think every team in the league has good pieces and as an organization the goal is to win every year and improve every year and "build" upon that which you already have.

To rebuild implies to me that you are going to tear things down and start over which also implies that we are talking about wasted years to destroy and start over with no guarantee that it will be any better than it was when you started the process.

I could also say the same thing about the "Tanking" mentality.

This organization has been spinning their wheels for the last 20 years. They've tried bringing in certain players that they hoped would help them hit pay dirt, but it never really worked. At best they were mediocre, just missing the playoffs and eventually firing the coach. At worst, they were bad, high draft pick which they wasted and eventually firing their coach and starting over.

I like what they are doing, tearing it down, bringing in depth and building through the draft. You can't keep doing the same things over and over and expecting a different result. I want to see the playoffs on a consistent basis, and a super bowl. But more importantly, this team needs to be competitive year after year. Hopefully they are on the right path to do just that.

I see another season with 5-7 wins...tops. Unless this team kills it in the draft I can see this team going down the road as the other Pegula owned franchise. As you said these guys we got in the offseason are depth guys...none are going to blow anyone away. Eichel has been in the league for 4 years and is withering on the vine because the owners and management are throwing shit at the wall and seeing if it sticks. Bills will be doing the same when the offense, again, will be neglected in the upcoming draft.

Man I hope you're (we) wrong, I am so tired of cheering for mediocrity. At the very least this team needs to be competitive ... on both sides of the ball.

A whole new offensive line is just depth ???

My sentiments as well....some of the guys we got will be starting and prob some of the scrubs from last season will be riding the bench...or bye bye....

I think the "tear down" days are behind us now and the sky is the limit for this team. I can see the Bills going 10-6 this season, simply due to the easier schedule, improved roster and they won't be forfeiting games by starting Peterdude. :niterider

Will getting more wins hurt the Bills draft? Yes it will, but fortunately Beane is a good negotiator and can find a way to move up if there is a guy he really wants on the board. :niterider

process.jpg

Fuck this team

I'll tie a frying pan to my ass so you hurt your penis, you ****ing homo!

Shut the fuck up dark cloud pussy

Anyone who is foolish enough to not be a Buffalo Bills fan can go f*ck themselves with a wooden shovel handle.

image-trump-emoticon.png

also, all that shit in your signature is beyond annoying. just like you.

They didn't have to do much to upgrade the offensive line, so yes.

Out of all of those guys....who was a legit starter? Morse? The rest were backups on their old teams. Will they start for us? Probably.....but that doesn’t say much.

What year was it when we basically did the same thing? Marrone’s first year? And the oline was just as shitty as it was before.

miserable that 70s show GIF

Out of all of those guys....who was a legit starter? Morse? The rest were backups on their old teams. Will they start for us? Probably.....but that doesn’t say much.

What year was it when we basically did the same thing? Marrone’s first year? And the oline was just as shitty as it was before.

Yeah, they still have work to do in the draft.

Actually if you look and see what the Sabres and Bills are doing they are building through the draft and only adding FA for fill. Eichel is playing great, they added Skinner and that was a huge piece. Mittlestat, Thompson, Dahlin, Nylander, Olofson all need seasoning and experience to get better. The cup board for the Sabres is very full right now with talent. I think Pomminville may move on, but having a Skinner/Eichel/Rhineheart top line and a Olofson/Mittlestat/Nylander or Thompson as a second line could propel the Sabres into the playoffs next year. Just need Mitts and the young guys to take it to the next level. Chances are one of the 4 young guys will make the jump to the next level and we will have something on the 2nd line. There is also the draft this year, maybe the Sabres get lucky and pick in the top 2 and can have an immediate guy step in on the 2nd line and be productive. I think the Sabres have the Blue line talent now...just need to let them grow.

The Bills are doing the same thing....building through the draft. I suspect the Bills will target a DT with the top pick (possible trade down 2 or 3 spots, although I would love to see Denver trade up one spot with the Bills and give up there 2nd to draft a QB). I am thinking Oliver or the DT from Clemson. I think our 2nd round pick will be a RT or a TE. Personally I am hoping the Bills use picks in the 2nd and 3rd to move back into the first to get a great player. I think after the 3rd round you are mostly getting depth and not starters. Use those picks to move up and get guys who improve the team, especially on offense. Get the DT (3 technique to keep the defense a top 5) then everything should be Offense after that!

Morse is a really good Center. Just having a huge improvement at the Center should elevate the play of both guards. Teller looked decent towards the end of last season at LG. Should be able to get a starting RT or RG in the 2nd or 3rd round. If the Bills play there hand right which there is a good chance they will...we could be picking 10th-15th...still get the 3 tech DT and pick up an extra 2nd round pick. Hopefully they can get a TE and a stud OL guy with those two picks.

Allow me to sum it up shortly, something I am not legendary for. What Beane did was make sure that no positions were "absolute SH*T", like some were last season, so that he can go BPA in the draft. To any observant fan, it doesnt mean those spots are suddenly necessarily "good". It is what it IS people, and we will see it played it next season. Until then, I suppose we can speculate to alleve some boredom. That's what this board mostly is about......is it not?

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

Good/great teams don't just sign/scout/draft stars. They make them, they create studs. Over the last twenty years we've just let our's walk, we need to keep talent and start creating superstars.

As far as I'm concerned, if we don't make the playoffs this year Mcdermott and his process should be fired. Plain and simple.

What do I think will happen this year? This is the first season in the past eight years I'm a little excited for.......which means I fully expect us to go 7-9.

Rinse Wash Repeat #OneBuffalo

Actually if you look and see what the Sabres and Bills are doing they are building through the draft and only adding FA for fill. Eichel is playing great, they added Skinner and that was a huge piece. Mittlestat, Thompson, Dahlin, Nylander, Olofson all need seasoning and experience to get better. The cup board for the Sabres is very full right now with talent. I think Pomminville may move on, but having a Skinner/Eichel/Rhineheart top line and a Olofson/Mittlestat/Nylander or Thompson as a second line could propel the Sabres into the playoffs next year. Just need Mitts and the young guys to take it to the next level. Chances are one of the 4 young guys will make the jump to the next level and we will have something on the 2nd line. There is also the draft this year, maybe the Sabres get lucky and pick in the top 2 and can have an immediate guy step in on the 2nd line and be productive. I think the Sabres have the Blue line talent now...just need to let them grow.

The Bills are doing the same thing....building through the draft. I suspect the Bills will target a DT with the top pick (possible trade down 2 or 3 spots, although I would love to see Denver trade up one spot with the Bills and give up there 2nd to draft a QB). I am thinking Oliver or the DT from Clemson. I think our 2nd round pick will be a RT or a TE. Personally I am hoping the Bills use picks in the 2nd and 3rd to move back into the first to get a great player. I think after the 3rd round you are mostly getting depth and not starters. Use those picks to move up and get guys who improve the team, especially on offense. Get the DT (3 technique to keep the defense a top 5) then everything should be Offense after that!

+1. I think youre the only person besides myself that I've noticed consistently saying this about a trade back AND a trade up in the first. If we "waste" a shot at #9, I'd like 2 shots in the first. Heck, I wouldnt mind cobbling together even more to move other picks up, based on the percentage of guys who work out after a certain point. While even Doug Whaley showed you can get late roung value(Karlos Williams at #5, the CB with the eye thing even later....as well as both he and Beane finding solid guys as undrafted free agents, including the paramount Nickell Robey(-Coleman nowadays), the odds of a guy who is going to be a mega ball-breaker to other teams comes with higher picks. Assuming you have faith in Beane, why not pool the ammo and go for some guys who can start/make impact immediately?

I see the argument going both ways, because of the point I made about him sticking his thumb in the Levy in a number of different spots with stop gaps, due to the gargantuan (# of)(and straight up) holes he left/created prior to this season after gutting a playoff-caliber team that GMDW finally created, but I think 6 picks with an extra 1st and/or 2nd will be more likely to advance the roster than double that(12), with most of the extras coming at a point which has a low percentage of NFL success.

PS Zan, youve been around a long time....any chance you were a friend of Range legend, Hurls?

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

Im not sure if I'm the only one this happened to....but (not even on the first viewing), once when I looked at this, it seemed like it said "Ask The Flan".

Ive seen Flan post some recently, but wouldnt mind the legendary vetetan having a thread of his own. He deserves one. :)

Speaking of the OP, hey Jamsim, did you see my post in the "Who's the boss?" thread? I figured you of all people would get a kick out of it, being your antics are what inspired one of my replies. I try to drop "easter(do i need to ask forgiveness for mentioning pagan-inspired holidays?) eggs" to various members now and then to make them feel appreciated. The world might be a better place if more people did that without provocation.