Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Opinion: Pegula slaps Buffalonians in the face

Yes.

Let's take a look.

Doug Flutie - He was an NFL failure who had to go to the CFL to re-start his career. No one wanted him. We signed him as a backup. Literally the definition of "castoff".

London Fletcher - At the time, he was an average LB who the Rams chose not to re-sign. He had only started 48 games before he came here. He became the LB we know today IN Buffalo. But we did NOT sign a stud. We developed a stud.

James Lofton - He was coming off his WORST YEAR EVER when we signed him. He had 28 receptions and 0 TD in 16 games the previous year.

Takeo Spikes - This was a good signing. And your only good point.

Mario Williams - This was in the middle of our 2 decades of losing. This works against your point...

So... yeah...

I'm sorry, but you did say that no free agents wanted to sign with Buffalo. I gave you examples of a few who did. And there are plenty more examples out there.

Doug Flutie was a castoff only because teams were not giving him a chance. He had to go to Canada to find success. The Bill's gave him a chance, and they began to win because of it.

London Fletcher was never an average LB, he signed with Buffalo to prove it.

James Lofton, still had something left in the tank, and he came to Buffalo to prove it. Oakland was on there way down when he left.

Takeo Spikes was a great signing, but the Bill's didn't really have much of anything to go along with him. He's the type of player a team signs that is close to contending for a super bowl. I liked him, but he was just spinning his wheels in Buffalo.

Mario Williams was a great signing until Wreck Ryan came along and ruined a great defense that was built by Jim Schwartz. Who by the way, should have been promoted to head coach after Marrone quit. They might have made it the playoffs much sooner, and would have looked like they belonged there if he had.

And Bryce Paup (whom you ignored) ... I will only say that he was a great signing.

You said free agents don't want to come to Buffalo, and I gave you some examples of a few who did.

Sorry you guys have bad memories?

All but 1 of those players were castoffs.

For whatever reasons, free agents are quite often castoffs. Does not mean they are no longer good, just that the team may be moving in a different direction. Money, age, the team sucks, and believes its pointless paying someone millions of dollars to continue sucking.

ON A SERIOUS NOTE

You wonder why players dont want to come here?

We have an owner who doesn't even want a nice stadium.

We have a city that has very few bars, clubs, nightlife.

We are 5 hours away from NYC, and 3 hours away from Toronto.

We are nowhere.

It ain't like this just happened, Buffalo's been getting smaller around the same time they built interstates.

There is only one way out of here, Mr. Lit. Just take the I-90 in either direction and go somewhere that is "cool". And lose your login info.

ON A SERIOUS NOTE

You wonder why players don't want to come here?

We have an owner who doesn't even want a nice stadium.

We have a city that has very few bars, clubs, nightlife.

We are 5 hours away from NYC, and 3 hours away from Toronto.

We are nowhere.

I dunno but if I were a player I would be looking at the place where I spend most of my time and that is the training facility.

Then going to a stadium with rabid fans 8 times a year for 3-4 hours would be awesome.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/8/4/17650732/buffalo-bills-to-spend-18-million-in-renovations-for-practice-training-facility-terry-kim-pegula

Also I am sure many HOF players did or do not give a shit bout nightlife Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Dion Sanders I am sure there is hundreds that can be listed and I can't be sure but because I don't know them personally but you get the idea. You know a lot of athletes are not looking to go out an party every night in fact most probably are not if they are any good.

I dunno but if I were a player I would be looking at the place where I spend most of my time and that is the training facility.

Then going to a stadium with rabid fans 8 times a year for 3-4 hours would be awesome.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/8/4/17650732/buffalo-bills-to-spend-18-million-in-renovations-for-practice-training-facility-terry-kim-pegula

Also I am sure many HOF players did or do not give a shit bout nightlife Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Dion Sanders I am sure there is hundreds that can be listed and I can't be sure but because I don't know them personally but you get the idea. You know a lot of athletes are not looking to go out an party every night in fact most probably are not if they are any good.

Players don't spend most of their time in a training facility.

Read the CBA.

A players time at the facility is quite limited.

Remember when Lynch said we only had Dave & Busters?

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

Doug Flutie was a castoff only because teams were not giving him a chance. He had to go to Canada to find success. The Bill's gave him a chance, and they began to win because of it.

London Fletcher was never an average LB, he signed with Buffalo to prove it.

James Lofton, still had something left in the tank, and he came to Buffalo to prove it. Oakland was on there way down when he left.

Takeo Spikes was a great signing, but the Bill's didn't really have much of anything to go along with him. He's the type of player a team signs that is close to contending for a super bowl. I liked him, but he was just spinning his wheels in Buffalo.

Mario Williams was a great signing until Wreck Ryan came along and ruined a great defense that was built by Jim Schwartz. Who by the way, should have been promoted to head coach after Marrone quit. They might have made it the playoffs much sooner, and would have looked like they belonged there if he had.

And Bryce Paup (whom you ignored) ... I will only say that he was a great signing.

You said free agents don't want to come to Buffalo, and I gave you some examples of a few who did.

Again ... you listed a bunch of castoffs.

Buffalo has no problem getting castoffs.

Its the elite players we can't get.

Again ... you listed a bunch of castoffs.

Buffalo has no problem getting castoffs.

Its the elite players we can't get.

Seriously dude, you're like a broken record. Do you know why the elite will not want to come to Buffalo, and why the Bill's should not want to waste money on an elite player (yet)? If you're as smart as you think you are, you should no the answer to these questions.

Second, they may have been castoffs (your word), but like I said earlier, and what you choose to ignore, for one reason or another most free agents are castoffs. Age, salary cap, backups with something to prove, or they've become cancers and are no longer welcome in the locker room ... Think Pittsburgh. That's pretty much how free agency works.

When the Antonio Browns of the NFL begin to age, start behaving badly and begin asking for more money, smart organizations like Pittsburgh are already prepared, and have someone younger and hungrier ready to take his place. So guess what, Antonio Brown is a castoff (your word). He goes to the Raiders, Pittsburgh is short one headache and the Steelers passing game will not miss a beat.

Players don't spend most of their time in a training facility.

Read the CBA.

A players time at the facility is quite limited.

Remember when Lynch said we only had Dave & Busters?

The very same Lynch that was thrown out of multiple bars (or clubs), for bringing in his own liquor and pouring it into a soda? He was a class act.

3 hours to toronto?....i must be a very fast driver!!!! 1 1/2 hrs for me! with no speeding tickets! lol

Thats about right mainly if you go on a saturday/sunday..less traffic...weekdays depending on what time your leaving you will get stuck in rush hr traffic.....looking at just over 2 hrs....

Thats about right mainly if you go on a saturday/sunday..less traffic...weekdays depending on what time your leaving you will get stuck in rush hr traffic.....looking at just over 2 hrs....
It was on a weekday....but i do drive fast! ;)

It was on a weekday....but i do drive fast! ;)

You must have that stuff they call nitrish exhaust on your car

The very same Lynch that was thrown out of multiple bars (or clubs), for bringing in his own liquor and pouring it into a soda? He was a class act.

Wow!!! What a thug!!!

Lmao

Wow!!! What a thug!!!

Lmao

Oh the same Lynch who had a gun possession charge and than year before that he hit some lady in buffalo and sped away...that same one....I guess your idea of class differs from most others....

Oh the same Lynch who had a gun possession charge and than year before that he hit some lady in buffalo and sped away...that same one....I guess your idea of class differs from most others....

When did I say he was classy?

When did I say he was classy?

Difference in saying classy and defending it in your prior post..but im glad your acknowledgement of my statement....IM always CORRECT....

Difference in saying classy and defending it in your prior post..but im glad your acknowledgement of my statement....IM always CORRECT....

You’re arguing something I never said so you’re correct?

Ok...