Sign in to follow this  
theAteam

2-year deal for former Raiders guard Jon Feliciano

There is almost no doubt about it now. After what we did today we either trade down for more pics or take best DL prospect available which I'm now totally ok with.

8 starts in 4 years? Championship

Lots of new big bodies for depth and competition. He may not even make the squad. Better than not signing ppl and rolling with what we had or forcing our hand in the draft.

There is almost no doubt about it now. After what we did today we either trade down for more pics or take best DL prospect available which I'm now totally ok with.

I was so hoping we would take OLine in the 1st round, yet after all these OL Free Agents you are probably right. Things are pointing at DL now.

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

i live how he sings feliz navidad

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

2 year deal for "up to 8 mil" so it's definitely a depth signing, maybe he pushes Teller at LG who knows

Im sure our OL Coach Bobby Johnson was prodded about his ability seeing as how he was apart of the Raiders staff 2015-2017

bring him in, let him compete, see if he makes the top five. if not thanks and buh bye

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

From what I am reading on him Jon Feliciano is a tough, versatile interior OL that can play C or OG. This is an under the rader signing by Beane, and Jon Feliciano will compete for a starting spot and at worse be a very good back up interior OL.

By Michael Gehlken / Las Vegas Review-Journal

November 7, 2018 - 7:15 pm

Updated November 7, 2018 - 8:15 pm

ALAMEDA, Calif. — Seemingly throughout a given day, Jon Feliciano exudes the sort of swagger one might expect to find moments before a 1 a.m. bar fight. He smiles with a crooked, confident grin. He says what is on his mind. And at a moment’s notice, should a physical situation arise, he is ready.

There is a fearless invincibility to him.

That is what made Oct. 14 so noticeable.

The Raiders center/guard exited a game against the Seattle Seahawks in London. His first-quarter departure alone was rare. A greater irregularity developed when the team quickly announced he would not return. Certainly, for Feliciano to be promptly ruled out, there was serious concern.

His ribs were injured and he was transported to a local hospital.

“I couldn’t breathe,” Feliciano said. “They were kind of worried about that.”

Feliciano is an insurance policy the franchise has been fortunate to carry in recent years. Off the bench, behind arguably the NFL’s top interior line, the 2015 fourth-round pick has provided starter-caliber reps at center and both guard positions. He further demonstrated his value this past month when filling in for Pro Bowl left guard Kelechi Osemele.

The Raiders’ resident enforcer could have eight games left in his tenure.

Due to become a free agent in March, he figures to command a market and role reflective of his abilities.

“He is a starter,” said right guard Gabe Jackson. “For one, he’s always ready, mentally and physically ready. He’s grimy — in a good way. Some people say ‘grimy’ in a negative way, but he’s a grinder. He’s going to work. … He’s got this, ‘I don’t care mindset,’ as in fear nothing, fear nobody. And I like it and respect it because you’ve got to have that attitude.

“Anybody would be lucky to have him. They’re going to get a lot from him.”

His injury came on the team’s third offensive play.

The Raiders went uptempo, their game plan to establish the run with a string of Marshawn Lynch carries. But there was a miscommunication, and Feliciano did not properly engage a Seattle lineman. A couple seconds later, some traffic formed around Lynch during which Feliciano was tapped from multiple angles.

The rib injury occurred along the way.

Feliciano returned for the next series, but it would be his final one of the game. A hospital visit was required to determine whether he sustained lung damage, hence why he couldn’t catch his breath. Tests were negative. He returned to the stadium, just in time for a bus ride to the airport and the Raiders’ return flight to Oakland.

After the ensuing bye week, Feliciano started a third straight game for Osemele and dominated against the Indianapolis Colts.

He has not undergone an MRI since the injury.

“Worry about it later,” Feliciano said. “You don’t get these opportunities much when K.O. is down. You’ve got to make the most of it because he’s also a warrior. If he can play, he will play.”

Osemele returned to the lineup last week versus the San Francisco 49ers.

Feliciano stepped in as a reserve following multiple injuries to the line’s left side.

Perhaps in four months, he will be a starter in another franchise’s locker room. Teammates will acclimate themselves to Feliciano as the Raiders have. They know what to suspect from him, such as in August when the club held two joint practices with the Detroit Lions.

On Day 2, when the sidelines cleared around 10 a.m, you-know-who was in the middle of it.

It was 1 a.m. somewhere.

“He’s definitely scrappy,” tackle Ian Silberman said. “He’s one of those guys you’d love to have on your team because he’s going to give everything he has.”

Want even more Raiders news?

email

By signing up you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. Unsubscribe at any time.

More Raiders: Follow all of our Raiders coverage online at reviewjournal.com/Raiders and @NFLinVegas on Twitter.

Contact reporter Michael Gehlken at mgehlken@reviewjournal.com. Follow @GehlkenNFL on Twitter.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/raiders-nfl/raiders-reserve-jon-feliciano-continues-to-show-worth-1522075/

Jon Feliciano

Versatility is everything in the NFL. From the box safety to a flex receiver. In this case, Jon Feliciano is a swing lineman. He can play both guard positions as well as center. That alone makes him a great commodity because he adds depth. The best part of all is that he’s actually good at his positions. Every season that he’s had to fill in he’s done a solid job. This season is a great example of it when he filled for the injured Kelechi Osemele.

Feliciano is a brute. A real old school Raider, so his run blocking is stellar. His pass protection is questionable, but he’s more than sufficient for a backup lineman. With Feliciano on board, there’s almost no concern when either Gabe Jackson or Osemele are missing in action.

Feliciano’s market will be interesting. He’ll certainly have offers, but I feel that his heart is with this team and Derek Carr. He’s always been on Carr’s hip to back him up or defend him when his name gets slandered by the media. Things, of course, can still change once a player hits that open market. It would behoove the Raiders and Jon Gruden to retain Jon Feliciano’s services. It’s for the same reasons as to why they need to retain Jared Cook. He’s already embedded in this system. He’s used to the offensive line and with his quarterback.

Familiarity, once again, is key for Derek Carr. Everything in this offseason should be to get Derek some help. Keeping Feliciano makes it easier by maintaining a core offensive line group. Whether Gruden wants him back may be a different story.

https://justblogbaby.com/2019/01/10/raiders-pending-free-agents-to-bring-back-in-2019/3/

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

The talent of the OL had been improved dramatically from last years roster. Right now you have Wyatt Teller, Spencer Long and Jon Feliciano battling it out for the LG and RG spots.

Mitch Morse is the starting Center, Dion Dawkins is the starting LT and for now Ty Nsekhe is the starting RT.(assuming Beane will sign anther OT in free agency or draft an OT to battle Nsekhe for the RT spot)

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

When Beane was talking about putting together an o-line that would set the tone this is exactly what he was talking about.

From the clips I've seen this guy looks for people to hit and wants to hurt people.

If he doesn't start he will be the o-linemen who comes in as a TE on the goal line and clears a path for the rb.

Didn't know anything about this guy so I went to a Raiders board. They're almost unanimous in not wanting to lose him. Apparently he's been stuck behind good starters and played well when given his chances. Supposed to have a hard life story and busted ass to get to where he is.

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

Other then Morse, they are signing under the radar guys, that can play more then one spot. These guys really don't influence the draft in an way. You don't sign Feliciano, Long and Nsekhe and say DONE. The Bills are looking at the draft and saying that the value at 9 will be DL. The value at OL will probable be on day two. Whatever OG/OT is falling, expect the Bills to grab. The best 5 start. No Derek Dockery this year. All these guys have something left to prove.

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

Sounds like a scrub....

I would NOT be cool with picking anyone on D with 9. I’d be cool with trading down...for a TE or WR though....but with Beane in charge of FA and McDermott in charge of the draft..then it’s obvious it will be defense...and it’s going to 1925 football again.

Hope you like another losing season with being on the losing side of scores like 16-9. Fuck

miserable that 70s show GIF

People are going to be pleasantly surprised with Jon Feliciano. He is a tough, hard nosed player that plays with a nasty streak, and loves to finish blocks. He has some Richie Incognito in him. I will not be surprised if he earns a starting spot at LG or RG.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg