Sign in to follow this  
Angry Byrds

Bills sign Tyler Kroft

Not really starter money, Nick Boyle the 3rd string TE in Baltimore got basically the same deal

Fine enough as a number 2 tight end, played alright 2 years when Eifert went down.

Would rather see us throwing money at Ziggy Ansah instead of Gore + Kroft.

....ALL I GOTTA KNOW ABOUT KROFT .... AKA awful and prone to injury ~Three-year starter in high school, playing tight end his sophomore and junior years before moving to wide receiver as a senior. Was an All-Southeastern Pennsylvania selection and three-star recruit according to Rivals.com and Scout.com. Took a redshirt year in 2011 and played in 11 games getting one start in 2012. Was a member of the Big East All-Academic Football team. In 2013, was named first-team All-America after finishing with 43 catches for 573 yards and four touchdowns. Took on more blocking responsibilities and was used as move tight end in 2014. Sprained his ankle in Dec. 26 bowl game and received rehab in order to be ready for combine. During medical exams, ankle was re-injured and was unable to participate. Ran 4.67 40-yard dash at his pro day with a 10-foot broad jump.

....ALL I GOTTA KNOW ABOUT KROFT .... AKA awful and prone to injury ~Three-year starter in high school, playing tight end his sophomore and junior years before moving to wide receiver as a senior. Was an All-Southeastern Pennsylvania selection and three-star recruit according to Rivals.com and Scout.com. Took a redshirt year in 2011 and played in 11 games getting one start in 2012. Was a member of the Big East All-Academic Football team. In 2013, was named first-team All-America after finishing with 43 catches for 573 yards and four touchdowns. Took on more blocking responsibilities and was used as move tight end in 2014. Sprained his ankle in Dec. 26 bowl game and received rehab in order to be ready for combine. During medical exams, ankle was re-injured and was unable to participate. Ran 4.67 40-yard dash at his pro day with a 10-foot broad jump.

Tight Ends get hurt more than any other position, in my opinion.

I think it is because you are trying to make a 6'5" 255lbs guy run like a WR and then block like an OT.

The body is not built to do that.

Gotta admit I've never heard of him, but at 6 million a year, he must be pretty dam good.

Nice move by Bean. Find a young TE with potential and get him signed. Well done.

This is a good #2 TE with upside. He is a good not great blocking TE, and has the athleticism/ speed to threaten the seam of a defense.

Buffalo will still draft a TE any where from the 1st through 3rd rounds.

What you guys are missing is Tyler is 6ft6 has speed and the center we signed is 6ft6. Big targets and big catch radius for Allen. We will be drafting Metcalf.

What you guys are missing is Tyler is 6ft6 has speed and the center we signed is 6ft6. Big targets and big catch radius for Allen. We will be drafting Metcalf.

I am a big fan of Metcalf and believe he would be a great WR in the NFL, with some development and coaching from NFL WR coaches.

But free agency is not over and if Beane can get a RT like Daryl Williams and a WR like Tyrell Williams or Chris Conley than it would allow them to take the best 3 tech DT at 9 like Ed Oliver or Christian Wilkins.

I'd be lying if I offered an assessment on this guy. Don't know much about him. Sounds like an investment kinda deal. Sort of overpaid right now but one that might end up cheap down the line if the dude develops. We'll see.

Front loaded deal, if he flops they can cut him next offseason with only 1.6M on the books, basically a one year prove it deal with 2 optional years, I like this deal much better now.