Sign in to follow this  

I am not a fan of this signing, even though Frank Gore screams a process and culture guy because he is essentially the same type of player stylistically as Chris Ivory.

Unless Beane and McDermott want Ivory and Gore to battle for a roster spot, this signing would indicate that Ivory will be cut in the near future.

Beane must draft a RB with speed and lateral agility to make the RB group younger.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

what, wasnt earl campbell available?

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

i dont get it either

the fact that he could run for over 700 yds last year is amazing but it doesnt make him a good backup for shady and ivory. hell, ivory is too old to be a good backup for shady

head scratcher

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

i dont get it either

the fact that he could run for over 700 yds last year is amazing but it doesnt make him a good backup for shady and ivory. hell, ivory is too old to be a good backup for shady

head scratcher

Aside from Gore bringing in leadership to the offensive side of the ball, and being a veteran that will help the younger players on the team I don't see the point of this signing.

It's a one year contract, so at least it wasn't a multi year deal.

Beane will need to bring youth to the RB spot by draft a RB or 2 RB's. I believe Ivory will be cut or traded this year, and the rookie will be developed as the replacement for Shady next year. Hopefully Buffalo can get Darrell Henderson in the draft cause he has big play ability and is a dynamic playmaker at RB.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Its just 2 million. No big del. Gore can still play. They should however not be done at the position. Either sign another dude or draft one.

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Aside from Gore bringing in leadership to the offensive side of the ball, and being a veteran that will help the younger players on the team I don't see the point of this signing.

It's a one year contract, so at least it wasn't a multi year deal.

Beane will need to bring youth to the RB spot by draft a RB or 2 RB's. I believe Ivory will be cut or traded this year, and the rookie will be developed as the replacement for Shady next year. Hopefully Buffalo can get Darrell Henderson in the draft cause he has big play ability and is a dynamic playmaker at RB.

He'll pick up the slack for the loss of Kyle.

He'll pick up the slack for the loss of Kyle.

as important as that it, its not worth a roster spot imo. plus it presents complications

teams usually carry 3-4 backs, depending on st assignments. so you start out with three old rbs, you know theyre gonna get hurt, so your plan is to just backfill with street guys. meanwhile, gore can be on the team all summer and do his lockerroom thing. then when he inevitably gets injured, if its even mildly serious you put him on ir where he can still be on the sidelines doing his leadership thing. we know you can do that now in the nfl and get away with it cuz most of the running game is in the blocking anyway

it would also be reasonable to have a stud at the rb position, but it has to be a rookie and it has to be on a team ready to win now. you should never pick rb in the first now but lets say you won one playoff game last year and your rb1 is aging. in that situation i can see taking a stud rb in rd 2. but if your a middling team its better to pass on that guy and try to get a steal on one of the lines or at db/wr

to do all this you need one thing: well you need multiple things, but you also need this one thing: roster spots

gore as a player is a misused roster spot imo. id rather look for a rb steal starting round 5 and hope we strike it rich, which is the easiest position to do that

as important as that it, its not worth a roster spot imo. plus it presents complications

teams usually carry 3-4 backs, depending on st assignments. so you start out with three old rbs, you know theyre gonna get hurt, so your plan is to just backfill with street guys. meanwhile, gore can be on the team all summer and do his lockerroom thing. then when he inevitably gets injured, if its even mildly serious you put him on ir where he can still be on the sidelines doing his leadership thing. we know you can do that now in the nfl and get away with it cuz most of the running game is in the blocking anyway

it would also be reasonable to have a stud at the rb position, but it has to be a rookie and it has to be on a team ready to win now. you should never pick rb in the first now but lets say you won one playoff game last year and your rb1 is aging. in that situation i can see taking a stud rb in rd 2. but if your a middling team its better to pass on that guy and try to get a steal on one of the lines or at db/wr

to do all this you need one thing: well you need multiple things, but you also need this one thing: roster spots

gore as a player is a misused roster spot imo. id rather look for a rb steal starting round 5 and hope we strike it rich, which is the easiest position to do that

He sure had good stats last year for a wasted roster spot.