Sign in to follow this  
Angry Byrds

Sal’s 10 things he thinks about the Bills and free agency

Pretty good read, didn’t know that we have the most cap space going into 2020, with only Hughes and McCoy as the big free agents, at 31 neither will be resigned. We can really front load some contracts.

https://t.co/eCp6zIH0Kc

"...I think the Bills and Jets will be in competition for Broncos center Matt Paradis...Paradis played for new Jets coach Adam Gase his rookie year when Gase was the offensive coordinator in Denver in 2014..."

"...I do think the Bills are going to be in the market to upgrade their pass rush in some way..."

"....I think the attempt by Bills general manager Brandon Beane to land Antonio Brown is an indication of what he and his staff feel about this year’s free agent wide receiver class and how they value the group versus how much they might command once the market opens......see Adam Humphries, Cole Beasley, Jamison Crowder. I think the Bills need to come away with one of these three players through free agency. They could really use a slot receiver..."

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

Problems I see, Paradis is a guy I think the Bill's could get, but once he mentioned the connection with Gase, I feel that puts the Bills as option 3, behind the Jets and Broncos.

William's same thing. If the Giants do make an offer to him, I can see him going there.

One thing on our side is the Jets just picked up Osemele, who last I saw is making a lot of money. The Giants just picked up Zeitler, same situation, plus they are also paying a ton to Solder. So maybe we get lucky and are able to outbid both, without having to outbid too much.

Pretty good read, didn’t know that we have the most cap space going into 2020, with only Hughes and McCoy as the big free agents, at 31 neither will be resigned. We can really front load some contracts.

https://t.co/eCp6zIH0Kc

Front loading contracts is more attractive to free agents. Buffalo is in great salary cap situation for the next couple of years also allows them to out bid other teams in free agency.

If it takes $12 or 13 million/year to get Matt Parradis it's worth it because it gets a proven athletic smart Center to solidify the OL and take care of the pass protections audibles so Josh Allen can focus on the other aspects of being a QB.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Problems I see, Paradis is a guy I think the Bill's could get, but once he mentioned the connection with Gase, I feel that puts the Bills as option 3, behind the Jets and Broncos.

William's same thing. If the Giants do make an offer to him, I can see him going there.

One thing on our side is the Jets just picked up Osemele, who last I saw is making a lot of money. The Giants just picked up Zeitler, same situation, plus they are also paying a ton to Solder. So maybe we get lucky and are able to outbid both, without having to outbid too much.

One thing concerning about the Jets getting Osemele and the Giants getting Zeitler, is we could have used them. Did we try for them and got scooped?

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

One thing concerning about the Jets getting Osemele and the Giants getting Zeitler, is we could have used them. Did we try for them and got scooped?

They are both very expensive Guard options for Buffalo. If I am going to spend money I would rather spend it on a C and RT than a G. Beane can draft a G in the 2nd or 3rd rounds that will be a good player and be much more economical.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Front loading contracts is more attractive to free agents. Buffalo is in great salary cap situation for the next couple of years also allows them to out bid other teams in free agency.

If it takes $12 or 13 million/year to get Matt Parradis it's worth it because it gets a proven athletic smart Center to solidify the OL and take care of the pass protections audibles so Josh Rosen can focus on the other aspects of being a QB.

Josh Rosen?

Josh Rosen?

My bad, meant Josh Allen, I had Josh Rosen on the mind from watching NFL network saying he will get traded because they want Kyler Murray.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

It could go either way with Gase. If the guy is as much of a clown as we all think he is, a player like Pardis could just as easily decide he doesn't want to ever play for that guy again.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg