Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

AB took HALF of what it would have taken him to come to Buffalo

Reports said he wanted $18-$20 mill guaranteed to come to Buffalo. That’s $54-$60 million.

He took $30 million from the Raiders.

There is your bar.

We need to spend DOUBLE to get a player here.

Might also explain why we gave Star garbage Lotulelei $50 Million.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

Yeah I would've spent that, and easily on AB. He got 30M guaranteed from the Raiders, contract is likely netting him 50M.

If I was Beane I would've went 4 year deal, years 1 and 2 guaranteed at 20M. 10M signing bonus. Year three 5M guaranteed on 15M salary and 1M guaranteed in year 4 with a 15M salary.

Cap hit would've been 22.5M this year we'd still have 50M to play with and build the OL.

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

It would be nice to have AB, but clearly he didn't want to come here so now what?more crying over more spilled milk that none of us had any f****** control over begin with really come on

Reports said he wanted $18-$20 mill guaranteed to come to Buffalo. That’s $54-$60 million.

There is your bar.

I don't always agree with your viewpoints, but this is one point the Bills Homers simply won't acknowledge:

We won't get any and all Free Agents because we offer the most.

Buffalo is still not a favorite destination for Free Agents and we are NOT getting Free Agents because we offer someone $9 million and New Orleans offers the same player $8 million a year. Whether the perception is true or not, some Free Agents will want WAY MORE than the next best offer to come to Buffalo.

A simply analogy is if you make $100,000 and live and work in Buffalo and someone offers you $130,000 to move to Watertown, that is 30% more! Why wouldn't you take it? Yet, many wouldn't take the new job offer. It might take $175,000 or $200,000 to entice you to move to Watertown.

Here comes Free Agency.....we will definitely sigh some FAs, it just might not be all the Top Players homers want.

Go Bills.

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

Not to get political but players also figure in NYS taxes which take a hefty chunk out. They have to get more here to offset the lower taxes somewhere else.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Not to get political but players also figure in NYS taxes which take a hefty chunk out. They have to get more here to offset the lower taxes somewhere else.

When you look at it vs California, that wasn’t a factor here.

I don't always agree with your viewpoints, but this is one point the Bills Homers simply won't acknowledge:

Buffalo is still not a favorite destination for Free Agents and we are NOT getting Free Agents because we offer someone $9 million and New Orleans offers the same player $8 million a year. Whether the perception is true or not, some Free Agents will want WAY MORE than the next best offer to come to Buffalo.

A simply analogy is if you make $100,000 and live and work in Buffalo and someone offers you $130,000 to move to Watertown, that is 30% more! Why wouldn't you take it? Yet, many wouldn't take the new job offer. It might take $175,000 or $200,000 to entice you to move to Watertown.

Here comes Free Agency.....we will definitely sigh some FAs, it just might not be all the Top Players homers want.

Go Bills.

Part of why not Buffalo...he didn’t want to have Josh Allen.

Now, if Josh improves, in the future, this may not be as much of a problem.

Also, we have no idea what Pit was asking Buf for. They may have dialed it back with the Raiders. A 3rd and a 5th is way less than swapping 1sts and a conditional next year.

Rosenhaus could have thrown Buf under the bus, but he didn’t. He said that really it never got to him and AB as to whether they had a choice. Whatever. He’s an agent and full of crap...but if we get some OLine in FA and a vet WR along with someone like DK, it will be fine.

Before this started, no one thought we would be in the AB sweepstakes.. it was good to see Beane take a swing.

We're going to be, unfortunately, the sloppy seconds of free agency! Going to be tough to put pieces around Josh when they don't want to come here.

When you look at it vs California, that wasn’t a factor here.

True but you forget that the Raiders are moving to Vegas soon and I think they have no state taxes in Nevada.

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Go Bills.

True but if Buffalo offered the most money to ten guys and it paid the most after taxes, 8 of the 10 are going to take it.

Most guys that get a big money extension, get it once.

Second of all, the players union wouldn't allow it. If Buffalo offers a guy like AB 20M and he takes 18M, it fucks up the whole market. A guy like Stefon Diggs then isn't getting 18M because the bar is set with AB.

If the Bills offer Paradis 13M a year and the most guaranteed money, he's likely not going somewhere else for 10M.

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

True but if Buffalo offered the most money to ten guys and it paid the most after taxes, 8 of the 10 are going to take it.

I have no way to prove it, but I doubt 8 out of 10 will take the Buffalo deal.

In some cases they won't even listen to their agent when he tries to tell him the Bills might have an offer.....

Again, no way to prove it but I still don't think 8 out of 10 take a Buffalo deal if it is a million or two more than offer by Miami or Tampa or the Patriots, etc.

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

We're going to be, unfortunately, the sloppy seconds of free agency! Going to be tough to put pieces around Josh when they don't want to come here.

Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer were under the rader signing that have turned out very well for Buffalo, sometimes it pays to wait and target specific players in free agency.

Buffalo didn't have the salary cap freedom in 2017 that it has now. Beane can go after some of the best free agent OL and improve the trenches in free agency with the $80 million in salary cap space.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

True but you forget that the Raiders are moving to Vegas soon and I think they have no state taxes in Nevada.

That is correct. We have no state taxes in Nevada.

:Where ever you go, there you are. :snoopdog:

:bills: :oldsabres:

There is your bar.

Lit, Lit, Lit. How does a team like the Packers become a winning franchise? Don't be a dumb fuck now.

There is your bar.

Oh, and fuck that asshole. Quick question. Have you played the game at any level? Did you at least letter in high school?

Thank you liberal democrats!!! True. No bullshit. Obvious.

FUCK ANTONIO BROWN. Headache not worth the time of day. Praise the Bills for walking away from this douchebag.

Lit, Lit, Lit. How does a team like the Packers become a winning franchise? Don't be a dumb fuck now.

They trade for Brett Favre and draft Aaron Rodgers.

Oh, and fuck that asshole. Quick question. Have you played the game at any level? Did you at least letter in high school?

Yes. College as well.

It was no secret that Pittsburgh wanted Antonio gone from the clubhouse, and because of that no team was going to overpay for his services. And no matter how they try and spin it concerning the Bill's, they weren't going to get their asking price from anybody. So they took what they could get from the Raiders, got fleeced in the process and are short one headache. Talented yes, but he's 31 years old, which is right about the age where the Steeler's usually part ways and bring in someone else to take their place.

There is your bar.

I don't follow your math. Before you're an asshole, keep in mind I'm admitting that it could be my error.

But he took 30M guaranteed from the raiders. The total contract is 50M with a chance to get it to 54M. That's the exact same deal with MORE guaranteed money than you're saying he wanted to come here. Unless you're saying he wanted 18M per year guaranteed for 3 years to pay here?