Sign in to follow this  
Angry Byrds

Bills have 88 million in cap space

@billsdaily: RT @ChrisTrapasso: The Bills will head into the offseason with $88M in 2019 cap space https://t.co/smJ9rwStPE

m.twitter.com/billsdaily

And they carried over 100% of their left over from 2018.

Cutting Clay will save more

@billsdaily: RT @ChrisTrapasso: The Bills will head into the offseason with $88M in 2019 cap space https://t.co/smJ9rwStPE

m.twitter.com/billsdaily

Right...I was just gonna say that cutting Clay would put them over 90 million right?

Right...I was just gonna say that cutting Clay would put them over 90 million right?

Yeah I think he saves about 5 mil

m.twitter.com/billsdaily

Cutting Charles Clay will save $4.5 million, https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/charles-clay-7893/

Cutting Vlad Ducasse will save $2 million, https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/vladimir-ducasse-6569/

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Knee jerk reaction is to blow it all on FAs but I hope #1 priority is taking care of players on this roster who have proven themselves already and need to be locked up for 3-5 years.

Knee jerk reaction is to blow it all on FAs but I hope #1 priority is taking care of players on this roster who have proven themselves already and need to be locked up for 3-5 years.

Which ones would you lock up?

It's all about spending it wisely. Let's not just run out and get the next Mario Williams.

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

It's all about spending it wisely. Let's not just run out and get the next Mario Williams.

Not like he was bad, guy had double digit sacks every year he was here till Ryan tried to turn him into a CB

Agree 100%. We ain’t getting anyone halfway decent...especially on the offensive side of the ball. Forget it.

miserable that 70s show GIF

Agree 100%. We ain’t getting anyone halfway decent...especially on the offensive side of the ball. Forget it.

You're going to hate this, but I firmly believe they should try to sign a pass rusher. There are a bunch of guys available and that is a position you can feel good about spending money on. Hughes is up after next year and so this off season is when $$ meets the market so to speak. We want offense but there isn't any skill player to spend on. So, seeing as I predict them to go DL with the 9th pick, I say sign a guy like Clark from Seattle. Then you have Hughes, Clark, Murphy, and Lawson on the edges and Star, Phillips, and a high pick on the interior. Get the DT pick right at 9 and it's a nasty DL.

Now, don't get me wrong, they should also try to buy an offensive line as well and they have the money to do so. But signing a pass rusher would free them up to take offense in the draft after that first pick which, again, I feel like is a lock for the DL so we may as well embrace it and hope for the next Aaron Donald or JJ Watt.

As for signing guys currently on the roster, I don't know who is even eligible. They can't do anything yet with White or even Milano right?

The Bills can sign 4 or 5 free agents and still have a ton of money left over to roll over to the 2020 salary cap.

The 2020 unrestricted free agents that the Bills may want to resign are Jerry Hughes, Lorenzo Alexander(if he still wants to play), Russell Bodine(as a back up center). Levi Wallace and Robert Foster, Jason Croom, Ryan Lewis are exlusive rights free agents (meaning only the Bills can sign these players for a perdetermined amount of money) The only restricted free agent for 2020 I want back is Isaiah McKenzie.

The 2021 unrestricted free agents the Bills will want to lock up are: Zay Jones, Dion Dawkins, Matt Milano, Jordan Poyer, Matt Barkley and possibly Trent Murphy, Conor McDermott and Shaq Lawson. The only 2021 restricted free agents I would want back are Corey Bojorquez and

Ike Boettger. If Duke Williams has an amazing season the Bills will be the only team able to sign him as he is an ERFA.

The 2022 unrestricted free agent the Bills will want to sign are: Tre'Davious White, Harrison Phillips, Micah Hyde, Taron Johnson and possibley Reid Ferguson, Wyatt Teller and Siran Neal.

As you can see the major free agents will be in 2021 and 2020. So even if the Bills rollover half of the estimated $88 million of salary cap space they will still be able to sign 4 or 5 free agents.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Id agree, but there isnt a lot to lock up really...and I have no idea whos close to a new contract..but other than a few people this team has very little talent to "lock up".

Adopt a Bill

11594018.jpg

You're going to hate this, but I firmly believe they should try to sign a pass rusher. There are a bunch of guys available and that is a position you can feel good about spending money on. Hughes is up after next year and so this off season is when $$ meets the market so to speak. We want offense but there isn't any skill player to spend on. So, seeing as I predict them to go DL with the 9th pick, I say sign a guy like Clark from Seattle. Then you have Hughes, Clark, Murphy, and Lawson on the edges and Star, Phillips, and a high pick on the interior. Get the DT pick right at 9 and it's a nasty DL.

Now, don't get me wrong, they should also try to buy an offensive line as well and they have the money to do so. But signing a pass rusher would free them up to take offense in the draft after that first pick which, again, I feel like is a lock for the DL so we may as well embrace it and hope for the next Aaron Donald or JJ Watt.

As for signing guys currently on the roster, I don't know who is even eligible. They can't do anything yet with White or even Milano right?

The Bills have enough salary cap space to sign RT Daryl Williams, C Matt Paradis, edge rusher Ryan Clark, TE Jesse Jones and still rollover $40 million to the 2020 salary cap.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Id agree, but there isnt a lot to lock up really...and I have no idea whos close to a new contract..but other than a few people this team has very little talent to "lock up".

The core guys you want to lock up don't become UFA's until 2021 and 2022. As long as the Bills don't use up all of the $88 million in salary cap space they can rollover the unused salary cap space to the 2020 salary, and then use the same strategy to roll over unused salary cap space to the 2021 to give them the resources to sign all draft picks they developed.

The Bills are in great shape salary cap wise because Beane traded away talented players that were overpaid relative to there production. The only way to screw this up and go back into salary cap hell would be to spend all of the $88 million in salary cap space this year and not have any money to rollover to next year.

Now is the time to sign some players(and next offseason) with Josh Allen being on his rookie contract and the Bills only having to commit a small amout of money to the QB postion before Allen earns his 2nd contract.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

m.twitter.com/billsdaily

The issue with fans thinking the Bills have all this Cap to spend is you don't sign Free Agents for 1 year deals.

EX: Star Lotuleui. The Bills gave him a 5 year, $50 million dollar contract. So his signing affects all 5 years of your Cap.

So, spending $80 million on FAs this year, means we will have a lot less to spend in years 2-5.

So I hope Beane gets some good players, but isn't a drunken sailor. No more Charles Clay contracts.

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

The Bills have enough salary cap space to sign RT Daryl Williams, C Matt Paradis, edge rusher Ryan Clark, TE Jesse Jones and still rollover $40 million to the 2020 salary cap.

I'd be fine with those signings for sure.

Milano for sure has gotta be a guy that you're thinking extension on...

Too early. When you get lucky with one of your draft picks, especially in the 5th round, wait until after their 3rd year to start that process.

Injuries are sadly a part of the NFL. If something happened after you lock him up early, you will look like a loser GM.

Too bad teams didn't have a way to spiff or bonus a guy that has exceeded your expectations WITHOUT giving them a new contract. That would be a fair thing to do.

This might deserve it's own thread to get seen more, but...

I was somewhat surprised to hear Beane kept Jim Overpay(after Terry gave him permission). Ive seen multiple page arguments on other boards about what his role was in the past. I'm curious if anyone here definitively knows at present? How many out tenure him at this point? Does he have dirt on someone, or is he that good?

Ralph, GMDW, Russ, Rex, etc are all gone now. It's strange to see the board without the low hanging fruit of a constant goat to blame for every ill. I did post nmerous times about hoping it would happen, but it's taken some getting used to, lol.

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

-Syd Barrett, founder of Pink Floyd. Rolling Stone, December 1971

https://oathkeepers.org/about/

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

https://nativeamericanchurches.org/

My Adopt A Bill is Stefon Diggs

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

This might deserve it's own thread to get seen more, but...

I was somewhat surprised to hear Beane kept Jim Overpay(after Terry gave him permission). Ive seen multiple page arguments on other boards about what his role was in the past. I'm curious if anyone here definitively knows at present? How many out tenure him at this point? Does he have dirt on someone, or is he that good?

Ralph, GMDW, Russ, Rex, etc are all gone now. It's strange to see the board without the low hanging fruit of a constant goat to blame for every ill. I did post nmerous times about hoping it would happen, but it's taken some getting used to, lol.

To my understanding Jim Overdorf is the salary cap expert/contract expert and when the GM approaches him to make a contract work under the salary, it's his job to make it happen. That is his specialized role.

Buddy Nix and Doug Whaley overpaid to get players to sign in Buffalo, some examples include Mario Williams and Charles Clay. They also paid to keep talent they had developed like Marcel Darius. Buffalo had to over pay to get external players to come to Buffalo or to keep internal players, because they were very bad for a long time and had a long playoff drought.

It's the GM's job to see the big picture and manage the salary cap, so they have the ability to resign there own players that they drafted and developed. This is the Pittsburgh Steelers model and it has worked well over the years. Beane has talked ad nauseum about getting rid of the dead cap space this past year, to give the Bills the salary cap space for the coming years to allow them to resign there own young players. This limited the talent the Bills could accumulate this year through free agency, and there ability to win games. But now they are in great shape for the near future, and if they are "judicious" with there spending and leave some money to role over to the next years salary cap it will allow them to have a lot of salary cap space for the 2020 season. If they rinse and repeat this strategy for the following years they will be in good salary cap space for a while.

I can't speak for Beane's relationship with Jim Overdorf and if he will want him around for the near future. But the Bills salary cap situation is drastically better than it was unde Nix and Whaley, so I don't know if Overdorf is to blame for doing what the GM's wanted.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

To my understanding Jim Overdorf is the salary cap expert/contract expert and when the GM approaches him to make a contract work under the salary, it's his job to make it happen. That is his specialized role.

Buddy Nix and Doug Whaley overpaid to get players to sign in Buffalo, some examples include Mario Williams and Charles Clay. They also paid to keep talent they had developed like Marcel Darius. Buffalo had to over pay to get external players to come to Buffalo or to keep internal players, because they were very bad for a long time and had a long playoff drought.

It's the GM's job to see the big picture and manage the salary cap, so they have the ability to resign there own players that they drafted and developed. This is the Pittsburgh Steelers model and it has worked well over the years. Beane has talked ad nauseum about getting rid of the dead cap space this past year, to give the Bills the salary cap space for the coming years to allow them to resign there own young players. This limited the talent the Bills could accumulate this year through free agency, and there ability to win games. But now they are in great shape for the near future, and if they are "judicious" with there spending and leave some money to role over to the next years salary cap it will allow them to have a lot of salary cap space for the 2020 season. If they rinse and repeat this strategy for the following years they will be in good salary cap space for a while.

I can't speak for Beane's relationship with Jim Overdorf and if he will want him around for the near future. But the Bills salary cap situation is drastically better than it was unde Nix and Whaley, so I don't know if Overdorf is to blame for doing what the GM's wanted.

id rather have a butterscotch in Key West than buffalo! If I’m partaking in buffalo I need some incentive to be there. Otherwise youll find me at the green parrot. Well said.

Statistics are not a matter of opinion.

Thanks man, I'm glad to have you back here. Overdorf doesn't get much mention here anymore. So do you think he can manage to do like say Carmen Policy did for the 9'ers back in the day?

And the cap situation...isn't it projected to get even better the following year? It would be a momental failure if they couldn't team up to make this work, somehow.

"I don't think I'm easy to talk about. I've got a very irregular head. And I'm not anything that you think I am anyway".

Europa: The last Battle is possibly the most useful documentary in existence in terms of understanding how society came to be like it currently is: https://search.bitchute.com/renderer?use=bitchute-json&name=Search&login=bcadmin&key=7ea2d72b62aa4f762cc5a348ef6642b8&query=Europa+The+Last+Battle

My 2nd Adopt A Bill is Christian Wade(he gets an exemption and doesn't require a spot) :)

id rather have a butterscotch in Key West than buffalo! If I’m partaking in buffalo I need some incentive to be there. Otherwise youll find me at the green parrot. Well said.

What the....how can a dead user/bot make anything other than the OP? lol...reminds me of Skooby with that kind of talk.

I would spend big money on an interior lineman. Maybe WR, but, it doesn't look like a good year for that. Then I sit back and do some bargain shopping after guys slip through the cracks. As far as resign next years free agents? McCoy and Clay aren't worth the money they are getting. Hughes will be 32, not sure a long term big money deal would be smart. Until the McBeane's guys get closer to the ends of their deals, I'm not sure who I would re-sign.

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

Went to Key West a few weeks ago. Yep. Better than Buffalo this past week.