35Pete

Listen Up! With Notacon

Pete: What brought you to the Range? What keeps you here?

Notacon: I was surfing the web looking for Bills news and chanced upon the "Billsinsider" site...which led me to the Range...this was in 2004. Did not start posting until I saw Shiva's absurd post, before the 2005 season, that Kelly Holcomb was a "top 10" QB.

After posting on an extremely conservative political BB for a few years...talking about football was interesting and refreshing. Same kind of stupidity...sports does that to you...kinda like religion and politics...but about a subject that REALLY matters, my beloved Bills.

I stay because I love the Bills. I have been a fan for over 40 years and a BB dedicated to my team is wonderful.

BB's are also great place to do some harmless venting. I can't stand mindless and dishonest bullshit and, unfortunately it is all over the place. My wife gets upset when I yell at the TV so I can straighten the knuckleheads out on the Range without her thinking I have gone completely nuts.

Pete: So. Let's cut to the chase, shall we? Do you think that the Bills suck this year?

Notacon: ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Remember, I lived through the really dark days of Dan Darrarh and Vince Ferragamo...and Harvey Johnson and John Rauch as coaches. Imagine using OJ Simpson...the greatest running back ever at that time...as a decoy and receiver out of the backfield.

The difference between winning and losing is very narrow in today's NFL. A couple of plays go the other way and all of a sudden we are on a winning streak. The playoffs may be a long shot this year, but it would not surprise me a bit if the Bills end the year 8-8...with a few breaks 10-6. The schedule after the bye is much more friendly than the first three games.

Levy is building a long term contender and I have to give him the benefit of the doubt...certainly much more leeway than any armchair GM at the range.

Pete: What about JP? I mean is this guy an enigma, a washout, or a diamond in the rough with no supporting cast?

Notacon: Don't have a clue. This is certainly his year to shine or go away. He has shown me enough to want to wait until the full season is over to decide his fate. He is a very tough kid with a canon for an arm. He also needs some weapons and just Lynch and Evans are not enough. He also needs a stable O line that gives him more than a second or two to operate.

I watch the best QB's in the league and they all have one thing in common...they have a chance to throw the ball. We saw what constant pressure on Manning did in the few loses that Indy suffered these past few years.

He needs to trust himself and just play the game. If he does not show signs of improvement over the end of last year (he needs to do much better than he has done this year to do that) then I'll be happy to say goodbye. Edwards could certainly be the answer but putting him in this year would be a debacle.

Pete: Obligatory hottest woman on the planet pictures please.

Notacon: And a great "obligation" at that!!

I'm old school and into photography so I have to go with classic beauty...Charlize Theron...her face is almost perfect...she is loaded with talent too.

charlize-theron-paris.jpg

Pete: I hear the Bills staff is pointing fingers. Hmm...Weak positions, injuries, and no infighting. From the staff no less! What's your take?

Notacon: When you are losing...shit happens. I think most of this "finger pointing" is overblown by the press...and of course some blowhards on the Range.

Pete: 7-9 or worse. I told you so.

Notacon: Come on Pete...there are 14 games left...a little early to say "I told you so".

I hate making predictions...Las Vegas is what it is because dopes put money on making "predictions". I especially hate to predict the Bills losing.

That being said I think the offense will come around and the defense will be the biggest problem. The schedule is lighter at the end of the year where the last six games are definitely winnable. Throw in the Jets x2 (the Jets SUCK!!!), the Miami game of 11/11, the Bengals (worse defense than even the Bills) and Dallas (yes...I think the Bills beat Dallas in their first Monday night game in years) and that is 11 wins. They will probably mess up at least two of those games which means 9 wins.

Pete: Is the Kevin Everett situation a miracle or what? Everyone thought that he was going to be paralyzed and on a ventilator. The news gets better every day.

Notacon: What a great story. This is a testament to Mr. Wilson...him being one of the major contributors to the Miami Project that has developed the treatment used on Kevin that is the main reason he will walk again.

No one knew that Mr. Wilson gave million$ to this research center. It is so appropriate that, when in need, one of Mr. Wilson's players reaped the benefit.

Pete: I think Jim McNally sucks. He's totally overrated and needs to be fired like now. What do you think?

Notacon: Wow, Pete...tell us what you really think.

The offensive line sucks. Even after spending major dollars it seems that Losman is always on the run. They can't pick up a blitz to save their lives. If the O line picks up their play, then everything else falls into place for the offense.

The myopic dopes think it is all about the QB...nonsense...it ALL starts on the offensive line. On the defensive side it all starts on the defensive line. We leave much to be desired on both lines...the surest way to ensure losing more games than winning.

I don't know if firing McNally NOW would do the club any good...so I would wait until the end of the year. Levy has too much class to embarrass a coach like that...certainly not if it won't help the team. And firing a coach early in the year won't help the team.

Pete: Do you think the fans will all in all abandon the Bills after this season?

Notacon: NO WAY!!!

I have berated Bills fans in the past, calling them "second rate"...and I don't back down from that for a second. I call Bills fans second rate because they enjoy the lowest ticket prices in the league and have never come close to selling season tickets out. They bitch and moan every time the stadium issue comes up and would never stand for slightly higher taxes to pay for a new one.

That being said, we still have some of the best individual fans in the world and abandoning the Bills will NEVER be an option.

Pete: What's your take on The Pats? Think any of those past playoffs/super bowls should have a great big asterick next to them?

Notacon: The Patriots and Belichick are cheaters!!

Period!

They knew the rules and they decided to break them anyway...probably for only a marginal advantage. But, that is an advantage nonetheless...and one obtained by cheating.

Their SB victories...rightly or wrongly...will ALWAYS be tainted.

When one looks at the closeness of their SB wins...indeed even how they got to their first one with the TERRIBLE "tuck rule" call when Brady fumbled and would have lost that playoff game (if the call went the correct way) with NO SB...you have to wonder if they cheated their way to victory.

Average point difference in ALL the Sb's besides the three latest NE wins was 16.39 points. Each of NE's wins were by three. The ONLY other closer win was by the Giants over the Bills in 1991, by 1 point...just so happens that the defensive co-ordinator for the Giants was none other than Bill "Cheater" Belichick.

I don't think it is a stretch to wonder if he has been a cheater his whole coaching career.

In all honesty, their cheating probably had no bearing on their championships...they have had very good teams with excellent coaching...and I admire them for that.

But, to whatever extent that their success is tainted...it's ALL on Belichick and his arrogant and blatant disregard for the rules

Pete: Short of real-time videography of the Pats signal calling, what will it take to beat the Cheatriots at least once this season? Do you think the headsets will go out at a key moment in Foxboro?

Notacon: No Way the Pat's go 16-0. That feat may well never be achieved. But, NE's schedule is certainly not so tough that they may come very close. The big tests for them will be at Indy and at Bal.

Like every high flying early season team...once the film builds up (the legal kind) and coaches have a chance to break it down and game plan against them...a team will beat them. The football has a funny shape and bounces strangely sometimes.

I hope it is the Bills who screw up their perfect season.

Pete: What non-cheating team do you think has the best possible chance of reaching the super bowl?

Notacon: Indy, by far.

It is a BIG mistake to take the Colts for granted. They are the champions until they are beat. Everybody whined about how bad their defense was last year...until they surprised everyone in the playoffs with their defense.

Pete: So, you think we should invade Iran, huh?

Notacon: No way!! Invading Iraq was the biggest and stupidest event by any president in the history of this country. Invading Iran would be even dumber by a factor of 100.

But, I wouldn't put it past the lying coward Bush...easily the very worst president that ANY country has EVER seen.

This guy is not a leader...he is an embarrassment.

I can't wait until Jan. 21st 2009!!

Editor's Note: He's know's I knew the answer. Geez. Why can't some of these guys see a little ball busting when it comes their way? I was expecting a smart-ass answer. LOL

Pete: Are the Bills cheap capwise in your opinion? Or not overspending? What's your take?

Notacon: The 2006 CBA put the Bills in a very bad position. Despite Spiked's lunatic obsessive ranting about Mr. Wilson...it is all a lie. Mr. Wilson is not "cheap".

Surest way to destroy the Bills is for the team to start losing money.

Take a look at this article for the real story on what is going on in the NFL.

Financial gap widening between NFL's haves and have-nots

You know that the Wilson haters don't have a clue when the best they have is lies about the situation...and then they never own up to their dishonesty.

Pete: Final thoughts or comments?

Notacon: It's a blast being part of the Range. The overwhelming number of posters are a fun bunch of people. Still the best place to find out ANYTHING about the Bills is right here on the Range.

A few sourpuss malcontents threaten to ruin it with their nonsensical rantings that get more shrill when the team loses.

Sometimes if posters would think about what they write...or better yet base their opinions on reality instead of hyperbole...and then spend all of their energy defending their stupid position...this would be even a better place than it is.

As it is I give my heartfelt thanks to the unheralded people that make this place possible...to all the moderators...and to all the great Bills fans that help make Buffalo (and Upstate NY) livable.

Pete: What non-cheating team do you think has the best possible chance of reaching the super bowl

:rolleyes2

passive-aggressive behavior ?

Great job guys

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]I no longer have a country.

Blame the O-line instead of the quarterback. Typical.

Just like I said...if guys would think before they write and base their opinion on reality instead of hyperbole...the Range would be a better place.

Anyone with even a sliver of football knowledge KNOWS that a good offensive line will make any QB better...while a poor O line will make even the best QB look worse.

Just like I said...if guys would think before they write and base their opinion on reality instead of hyperbole...the Range would be a better place.

Anyone with even a sliver of football knowledge KNOWS that a good offensive line will make any QB better...while a poor O line will make even the best QB look worse.

We have a good line.

We have a good line.

Say that again at 4:15pm Sunday Sep.23 2007.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]I no longer have a country.

Say that again at 4:15pm Sunday Sep.23 2007.

right after we kick your pussy defense all over the field.

:beers:

" GO BILLS "

notocon is a good fan, but he doesn't know much about football. not too much harm in that i guess.

My Hall of Shame List for the worst posters on the Range.

HOS

Cornelius -dude needs to get a real job; he's a broke MF -someone give him some toilet paper please because he cannot afford his own and he's constantly going around town with his s*itty hands

notocon is a good fan, but he doesn't know much about football. not too much harm in that i guess.

Ohh I love comments like this.

And you do ohh omnipotent sage?

Good job, boys.

WGR Sports Radio 550 Talk Show Host

Buffalo Bills Radio Netwok

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Ohh I love comments like this.

And you do ohh omnipotent sage?

i know a thing or two about a thing or two....

HOS

Cornelius -dude needs to get a real job; he's a broke MF -someone give him some toilet paper please because he cannot afford his own and he's constantly going around town with his s*itty hands

After the way the season has started out and with 14 games to go I needed to be reminded it's not all doom and gloom.

I am in 100% agreement with you about the OL. They have played well on certain plays, and even on one drive vs Denver, but once they become consistant people will be even more impressed with ML and JP will get his act together. I posted the other day that over half (10) of ML 18 runs vs Pitt went for less than 3 yards, thats an indictment on run blocking period. JP's has issues, but right now the entire team dose. I honestly belive we will see the O start to put it together starting this week.

Good job guys.

In his closing press conference, Bill Polian said of the team that he built, "They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

After the way the season has started out and with 14 games to go I needed to be reminded it's not all doom and gloom.

I am in 100% agreement with you about the OL. They have played well on certain plays, and even on one drive vs Denver, but once they become consistant people will be even more impressed with ML and JP will get his act together. I posted the other day that over half (10) of ML 18 runs vs Pitt went for less than 3 yards, thats an indictment on run blocking period. JP's has issues, but right now the entire team dose. I honestly belive we will see the O start to put it together starting this week.

Good job guys.

its an indictment on the passing game----they had such little respect for it that they were bringing the heat for lynch and losman didn't make them pay for it once.

HOS

its an indictment on the passing game----they had such little respect for it that they were bringing the heat for lynch and losman didn't make them pay for it once.

They were bringing the heat with 5 and 6 guys and still having 5 and 6 in coverage with us only putting 2 and 3 WR in the routes because we had to do a lot of Max protection.

Trust me teams have little respect for our running and passing game. I was at the Denver game and they rarely put 8 in the box to stop ML. They pressed the WR and the two safety's sat back 12 yards of the ball to give deep help.

Besides that we are built as a run first team. Pound the ball bring the safeties up than stretch the field. If you try to stretch the field without forcing the safeties up all's that gives you is second and third and longs.

Listen to Notacon he knows what he's talking about.

In his closing press conference, Bill Polian said of the team that he built, "They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

They were bringing the heat with 5 and 6 guys and still having 5 and 6 in coverage with us only putting 2 and 3 WR in the routes because we had to do a lot of Max protection.

Trust me teams have little respect for our running and passing game. I was at the Denver game and they rarely put 8 in the box to stop ML. They pressed the WR and the two safety's sat back 12 yards of the ball to give deep help.

Besides that we are built as a run first team. Pound the ball bring the safeties up than stretch the field. If you try to stretch the field without forcing the safeties up all's that gives you is second and third and longs.

Listen to Notacon he knows what he's talking about.

Nice analysis pabstman...and not only because you slipped in a compliment. :D

It is hard to see these things on TV but certainly, just taking you eyes off the QB brings a whole different perspective to the game.

I record every game, digitally, and re-watch the key plays on my 50" HD TV.

When opposing defenses just send 5 or 6 guys after to passer...and they get good pressure (which has happened on at least 85% of our pass plays) it doesn't matter who is playing QB...the passing game is going to suck.

Losman can certainly get rid of the ball faster from time to time, but I cannot fault his accuracy. He has people in his face all the time and he is still completing over 60% of his passes. He has learned how to protect the ball and not make the obviously bonehead play.

What the myopic knuckleheads fail to realize is that a lot has to go right to have an effective offense...from the QB making quick reads...to the WR running crisp routes...to the WR making quick reads...to the RB making quick reads and picking up a block...to the TE making his block, making a read and providing an outlet...but MOST IMPORTANT...the offensive line has to block the rush so the defense has to send more people in to create pressure.

Mark my words...if you see Losman go back to pass and you can count up to "three" before he has a NE guy in his face...the passing game, and the offense will work better.

Look at all the groans flying around! You know notacon's in the room! :D

Unfortunately, explaining over and over again won't get you anywhere man, some guys are going to piss all over the Bills and still call themselves fans, there ain't much to be done about it. Keep up the good fight though!

p.s. My interview was better. :D

p.p.s. Hey BostonTim, now I'd like to see Wilfork get a broken head as well as Brady! Yeeeehaw!

seriously, if you're still talking about how good losman can be, you're just lost...give it up already, he's a lame-duck regardless.

HOS

Look at all the groans flying around! You know notacon's in the room! :D

Unfortunately, explaining over and over again won't get you anywhere man, some guys are going to piss all over the Bills and still call themselves fans, there ain't much to be done about it. Keep up the good fight though!

p.s. My interview was better. :D

p.p.s. Hey BostonTim, now I'd like to see Wilfork get a broken head as well as Brady! Yeeeehaw!

I know anEin..I know...some guys are just born to be shrill whiners!

Your interview may have been better...libertarians are good at the higher level discussion...they just don't have a clue as to reality. :D :D

My babe is prettier than your babe though. :)