Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Would you pick Baseball or Football

College athlete, Kyle Murray, is in a tough spot.

He has to decide between Football and Baseball.

Baseball:

He was drafted top 10 in the MLB draft last year, and signed a $5 million contract.

The problem? It looks like he could potentially be a top 10 prospect in the NFL draft this year.

Football:

Some are saying he could potentially go #1 overall to Arizona because Arizona's new head coach Kliff Kingsbury, is in love with Murray.

In fact, before he was hired in Arizona (who holds the #1 pick), Kingsbury said "He's phenomenal... I'd take him with the first pick of the draft if I could."

The #1 overall pick in the NFL comes with $33 million in guarantees.

So ... does Kyle stick with the $5 million bird in hand, or take the risk for a potential $33 million bird in the bush?

What would YOU do?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/14/as-use-marketing-experts-to-help-convince-kyler-murray-to-choose-baseball/

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

He is he a legit NFL QB or starting calibre player? If not, baseball. Longer potential career and guaranteed money.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

He is he a legit NFL QB or starting calibre player? If not, baseball. Longer potential career and guaranteed money.

Some say he is too short.

But others (like Arizona's head coach) thinks he is so good he could go #1 overall.

Baseball.

I like football a lot more btw. But baseball offers a much healthier and probably longer career with shit loads of money too. To me its a no brainer.

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Baseball. Loved it since I was six.

Imagine being a single guy, 20, 21, a different girl in every city, every level from Single A up to the majors. No long term brain injury concerns unless you're a pitcher hit by a fluke comebacker. Guaranteed money. Longer career. Did I mention all the girls?

Not even close.

MY FOUR FAVORITE TEAMS:

1) THE BLUE JAYS 2) THE BILLS

3) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE RED SOX

4) WHOEVER IS PLAYING THE PACHEATIOTS

:bills:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetsy

Imagine, Patsie fans thinking something was amiss in A super Bowl. I bet they thought they had a monopoly on cheating. LOL

Gotta go with Baseball, too. better for overall health, and a greater earning potential.

:Where ever you go, there you are. :snoopdog:

:bills: :oldsabres:

Baseball is a LONG road to the bigs and even longer until a real payday. IF you make it and make it big, you get paaaaiiiddd. But it’s a lot harder to get there. Also, it seems like he loves football and likes baseball. I think he goes top 10 this year, there’s next to zero talent at QB and he has a lot of it, just in a small package. It’s a tough gamble, because if he is #1 overall, that’s 22m right now and 32 overall, down to #10 where you are looking at roughly 11m bonus and 17-18M overall.

I can’t see the Cardinals really picking him #1 because of Rosen, but that might be a trade up spot for the Jags or somebody to come get him. With the Jags, Giants, Bucs, Broncos MAYBE even the Raiders, wouldn’t put it past Cincinnati, or Tennessee taking QB either, there’s a lot of teams that will be on the hunt for talent. He’s probably going top 10. So is it worth it to come get the payday now?

If I’m in his shoes, I’m going to the NFL. He loves the game, there’s more money now, there’s more endorsement money, now and later. The payday for a starting QB in 5 years is going to be 30+M annually with 60+ in guarantees. He’s going to stick based purely on potential to get another contract, so he’s going to get more. Worst case, he can go back to baseball after his rookie contract.

All that said, if the A’s really come through with a big league contract and a 12m signing bonus, I wouldn’t really mind not getting hit all the time and go play ball.

I completely understand why many of you are picking baseball.

I just don't think I could do it.

Playing 150+ games every year? Ugh.

With football, I play 16 games (plus a few in the playoffs), then i'm off for 6 months.

I completely understand why many of you are picking baseball.

I just don't think I could do it.

Playing 150+ games every year? Ugh.

With football, I play 16 games (plus a few in the playoffs), then i'm off for 6 months.

Don't think I could do it either. The sports are not similar at all. I just think we have here a player who IS too small for the NFL. It's not just his height. It's his weight and frame too. Quite a leap of faith to roll the dive with a QB who might be all of 5'10". Just don't see it being sustainable.

Well this just broke

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray has submitted the paperwork to turn pro and plans to enter the NFL draft. Murray has informed the Oakland A’s of his intention to follow his heart to the NFL, where many project him to be a first-round pick.

I think Murray is making a long term mistake.

But if he loves football more then good for him.