Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Josh Allen is Rob Johnson 20+ years later (Video)

I was going through some old Bills footage and couldn't help but notice how similar several of Allen's plays are to Rob Johnson.

So I made this little video.

NOTE: Before the homer's go nuts, no, i'm not saying that JA is going to end up being RJ. Just thought the coincidences were interesting.

I was going through some old Bills footage and couldn't help but notice how similar several of Allen's plays are to Rob Johnson.

NOTE: Before the homer's go nuts, no, i'm not saying that JA is RJ. Just thought the coincidences were interesting.

But you did say it. Lol

NOTE: Before the homer's go nuts, no, i'm not saying that JA is going to end up being RJ. Just thought the coincidences were interesting.

Thin Lit thin!

You're saying you're not saying it but you're trying to put that subconscious bug in everyone's ear. I have to give this thread a Golden Troll Award.

and-the-troll-award-goes-to-serkan_fb_250920.jpg

They are both athletic QBs. Nice pairing up similar plays - kinda wild to watch. A lot of work went into this.

The similarities is that both are strong armed athletic QBs

That is about where it ends.....Rob Johnson was a talented guy whos name SHOULD have been Mr. Glass......

Josh Allen is described by our beloved Kyle Willams as beinga "oak tree" and has the work ethic of a boy raised on a family farm.

Funny how alike those plays all are!

I was telling my wife while watching the last game vs the Dolphins that I think Josh has very good pocket presence I have not seen him get blindsided much at all. Rob Johnson all I remember is constantly being fearful for his life because it was like he could not sense or feel anything going on around him and would take so many hits that made me cringe.

Ha ha! Hopefully Allen doesn't start wearing a head scarf

That's actually pretty cool. Uncanny in some cases. When I think of RJ, I just remember an injury ridden china-doll with a strong arm and sour disposition. I forgot he actually made some good, and even gutsy plays too.

Josh Allen has much better arm talent than Rob Johnson. Josh Allen is also a better athlete than Rob Johnson.

Rob Johnson played with superior talent at USC throwing to WR Curtis Conway , Johnnie Morton, and Keyshawn Johnson, had all pro LT Tony Boselli protecting his blind side, so obviously he had better college stats.

Allen has a much higher ceiling than Johnson and the only thing they have in common is that they are athletic, even though Allen is the superior athelete.

Rob could've been so good. He hated throwing incompletions and took so many sacks that killed drives and being that he was made of glass this was a terrible combination.

I wish Flutie would challenge him to fist fight on PPV.

I was telling my wife while watching the last game vs the Dolphins that I think Josh has very good pocket presence I have not seen him get blindsided much at all. Rob Johnson all I remember is constantly being fearful for his life because it was like he could not sense or feel anything going on around him and would take so many hits that made me cringe.

Johnson's biggest problem is that he didn't want to throw interceptions, his dad coached him in high school and fucked his head up just like Taylor he just couldn't let the ball rip.

Peerless and Moulds together too, maaaaaan what a waste. A true #1 and 2 pairing.

Moulds was such a beast.

Lit, you said it right!....Yes, most of us are Homers! We know you are not a Fan! To put this together, you must have a lot of time on your hands or are very rich, retired, or disabled. lol

Lit, you said it right!....Yes, most of us are Homers! We know you are not a Fan! To put this together, you must have a lot of time on your hands or are very rich, retired, or disabled. lol

Or i'm just a student of the game.

Its indeed funny how similar those plays are.

Its weird and in a little creepy that Lit did this. He's trying real hard to bring the Josh hate.

Rob Johnson was an extraordinary talent placed in the weakest body and even weakest mind possible. The guy didn't give one third of a fuck about winning. Allen is far more durable (apparently) and actually gives a shit. What Johnson had in talent (a lot) Allen has in balls and will to win.

Or i'm just a student of the game.

HAHA....not a very good one...but keep on trying....

Amazing somebody had the time/reason to go back to find Rob Johnson highlights and then watch them and then compare them to Allen and then make a video and then make a post and then try to act like it’s no big thing.

Its indeed funny how similar those plays are.

Its weird and in a little creepy that Lit did this. He's trying real hard to bring the Josh hate.

Rob Johnson was an extraordinary talent placed in the weakest body and even weakest mind possible. The guy didn't give one third of a fuck about winning. Allen is far more durable (apparently) and actually gives a shit. What Johnson had in talent (a lot) Allen has in balls and will to win.

Where did I bring any Josh hate in this thread?

I specifically went out of my way to say that this is in no way an indication that Josh will be like Rob.

Does your ridiculousness know no bounds?

Amazing somebody had the time/reason to go back to find Rob Johnson highlights and then watch them and then compare them to Allen and then make a video and then make a post and then try to act like it’s no big thing.

Student of the game.