Sign in to follow this  
George

Can somebody explain why the Bills signed punter Corey Bojorquez | University of New Mexico

Its a mystery to me, the Bills waived 2 experienced Punters then sign a complete unknown un-drafted Punter

Seems like a gamble to me....Its either a stroke of genius or a disaster imo

Looks more like a linebacker to me....

i would think that would be obvious

1). they weren't entirely happy with schmidts performance. i heard they felt his distance ability wasnt good enough.

c). the vet they brought in couldnt beat out schmidt. why do you think seattle dumped him after all those years. my guess is that hes lost some power due to age

¶). the strong legged rookie they brought in to challenge schmidt hurt his knee and is out indefinitely

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

i would think that would be obvious

1). they weren't entirely happy with schmidts performance. i heard they felt his distance ability wasnt good enough.

c). the vet they brought in couldnt beat out schmidt. why do you think seattle dumped him after all those years. my guess is that hes lost some power due to age

¶). the strong legged rookie they brought in to challenge schmidt hurt his knee and is out indefinitely

Pretty sure you don't know Schmidt!!!!! :)

[/img]

Schmidt looked god awful in preseason. Ryan must be washed up if he couldn't beat out Schmidt.

Apparently the Pats kept this kid a secret all preseason because they knew he was a stud and didn't want other teams to claim him. They even had him practice on other fields. He's also a lefty which is a plus for a kicker. I'm cool with the move.

Moves like this truly make me believe in the 'throw away' or 'house money' season theories in that the Pegulas have told this regime they are getting a minimum of 5 years here and have the green light to whatever they want especially since we ended the 17 year playoff drought last year, lucky or not.

Because not sure why we would throw away two proven veteran punters for a guy that didn't even attempt a preseason kick regardless of what the Patriots organization believes they had. And speaking of the Pats, we're talking about Brady and an offense that don't punt much so not sure that is a particular area of the team they are too concerned with to begin with even if they felt they had top punter prospect in this kid.

But from the Bills perspective not sure why you wouldn't want a veteran leg, at least early in the season against a very tough schedule, given the question marks this team has at just about every position on offense. Doesn't tell me this team truly believes they are looking to win many games this year, let alone field a competitive team.

First off, in case you never noticed, I'm not sure of the exact percentage, but 70% of kickers, both field goal and punters are undrafted. If as everyone on here hopes that the Bills are terrible so they can say "I told you so", Then you would absolutely would want a punter with the strongest leg possible with the hope of flipping the field in order to help out your defense as best you can. All we heard last year was "the Bills are Tanking", yet they made the playoffs. So just keep rolling out the negative vibes, maybe it will work again.

First off, in case you never noticed, I'm not sure of the exact percentage, but 70% of kickers, both field goal and punters are undrafted. If as everyone on here hopes that the Bills are terrible so they can say "I told you so", Then you would absolutely would want a punter with the strongest leg possible with the hope of flipping the field in order to help out your defense as best you can. All we heard last year was "the Bills are Tanking", yet they made the playoffs. So just keep rolling out the negative vibes, maybe it will work again.

I get what you are saying but I still don't know how you can make a decision like this if you are serious about fielding a competitive team and trying to win games this year. You make this type of signing when the season is lost and you want to see what younger/unproven guys have to offer just like what we are apparently doing with the QB situation.

And even with a more proven QB/offense, there's still a good chance of struggling against 3 very good defenses the first 3 games of the season so why not keep a veteran leg around knowing how important field position might be in these games?

Its a mystery to me, the Bills waived 2 experienced Punters then sign a complete unknown un-drafted Punter

Seems like a gamble to me....Its either a stroke of genius or a disaster imo

Looks more like a linebacker to me....

well at least that cleared up how to pronounce dude's name..... I heard Bo-Hor-Kez.

lol

ECQKgbmW4AAkI5n.jpg:large

The guy is a meatball. Hope his leg is as strong as they say it is.

Oh, it is ever watch the guy??

Adopt a Bill

11594018.jpg

The guy is a meatball. Hope his leg is as strong as they say it is.

watch the meat jokes

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

because Bojo is only one letter (a "k") removed from the fantastic French juice box for adults that we all enjoyed a few decades ago "Boku?"

Oh shit, that's two letters removed. Whatever.

They clearly thought Schmidt was shit.

And Jack Ryan may have helped thwart the IRA with the help of Darth Vader, but he clearly didn't fit their needs either.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg

Kick ball far.

Punter.

Yes boss.

"Every single day I went out there I tried to have respect for the game and I played as hard as I possibly could." Derek Jeter 9/25/14