Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Nike features Kaepernick is new ads

Truth be known he started taking a knee because he knew he was going to get cut. Thinking ahead and setting up the lawsuit.

In the 49ers' final preseason game, backup quarterback Colin Kaepernick decided to kneel for the national anthem instead of taking a seat on the bench.

Turns out it was former Seahawks player and Green Beret Nate Boyer who talked Kap into making the change. Boyer wrote an open letter to Kaepernick earlier this season, and it caused the two to meet up and discuss America and honoring the anthem.

On the upcoming episode of HBO's "Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel" (airing Tuesday night at 10 p.m. ET), Boyer reveals what happened in the discussion between the two men.

"We sorta came to a middle ground where he would take a knee alongside his teammates," Boyer says. "Soldiers take a knee in front of a fallen brother's grave, you know, to show respect. When we're on a patrol, you know, and we go into a security halt, we take a knee, and we pull security."

Asked by Gumbel if Kap was "receptive" to his ideas, Boyer described him as "very receptive."

"Very receptive. He said, 'I think that would be-- I think-- I think that would be really powerful,'" Boyer recalls. "And, you know, he asked me to do it with him. And I said, 'Look, I'll stand next to you. I gotta stand though. I gotta stand with my hand on my heart. That's just-- that's just what I do and where I'm from.'"

The two met and took a picture together, but Boyer wasn't willing to take a knee.

View image on Twitter

View image on Twitter

Nate Boyer

@NateBoyer37

Thanks for the invite brother... Good talk. Let's just keep moving forward. This is what America should be all about

9:23 PM - Sep 1, 2016

5,653 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Boyer also got called many names for his decision to stand next to Kaepernick during the anthem.

"I got called a lotta things from both sides. I was told I was a disgrace to the green beret by a couple Green Berets, one of 'em I was friends with," Boyer says. "And that hurts, you know? It really does. But then I also had a lot of people in the military and people in special forces that said, 'Man, I hadn't really thought about that before. And I think you're onto something.'"

There are always going to be people who don't appreciate what Kap is doing, and there are always going to be people who don't appreciate Boyer reaching out to him.

But the bottom line is that discussion, in a positive and peaceful fashion, is always better than screaming angrily about a subject matter.

Boyer and Kap might not see eye to eye, but bridging the gap by even speaking about the issues is a pretty good start.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-how-nate-boyer-got-colin-kaepernick-to-go-from-sitting-to-kneeling/

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

More people will buy nike because of this than those that will boycott it..

You just keep telling yourself that.

"Every single day I went out there I tried to have respect for the game and I played as hard as I possibly could." Derek Jeter 9/25/14

Did you make that?

Can I share it?

Yes and yes.

"Every single day I went out there I tried to have respect for the game and I played as hard as I possibly could." Derek Jeter 9/25/14

You just keep telling yourself that.

Guess we'll find out in next years fiscal report that usually comes out in June/July.

Side note: Can people stop like burning/cutting up their nike shit they already bought? It's embarrassing, and also maybe donate them to people in need if you feel so compelled to get rid of your nike gear.

I gave up on nike almost 2 years ago once I tried on adidas ultraboosts, I'm big on brand synergy lmao so I sold/gave away all of my nike clothes and shoes to our skid row foundation here in DTLA. I'm team adidas :tigerj:

Guess we'll find out in next years fiscal report that usually comes out in June/July.

Side note: Can people stop like burning/cutting up their nike shit they already bought? It's embarrassing, and also maybe donate them to people in need if you feel so compelled to get rid of your nike gear.

I gave up on nike almost 2 years ago once I tried on adidas ultraboosts, I'm big on brand synergy lmao so I sold/gave away all of my nike clothes and shoes to our skid row foundation here in DTLA. I'm team adidas :tigerj:

We damn sure will find out. And it won't be pretty for Nike.

People who support Kaepernick aren't going to run out and buy Nike shoes. But you can be damn sure that the 50% of the country who see Kaeprenick as the America hating piece of shit that he is will avoid buying Nike.

It's a piss poor business decision. They just lost a huge percentage of potential buyers. While many people who agree were probably already buying from them.

It's always easier to motivate people to avoid something than to motivate them to buy something.

It will be a massive net loss.

Amazing how many people still think Kaep is protesting/disrispecting the army/anthem. Trump's got you all well trained.

Good for Kaep (awful QB by the way). Good for Nike.

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

We damn sure will find out. And it won't be pretty for Nike.

People who support Kaepernick aren't going to run out and buy Nike shoes. But you can be damn sure that the 50% of the country who see Kaeprenick as the America hating piece of shit that he is will avoid buying Nike.

It's a piss poor business decision. They just lost a huge percentage of potential buyers. While many people who agree were probably already buying from them.

It's always easier to motivate people to avoid something than to motivate them to buy something.

It will be a massive net loss.

Nike will be just fine. Billion dollar companies don’t just throw stuff at the wall and see if it sticks. This campaign has been fully vetted internally and in the end Nike decided that this would be a positive long term campaign for the company.

It’s also a Worldwide company and the impact of any actions from the anti-Kaep crowd in the USA will most likely not be significant.

Amazing how many people still think Kaep is protesting/disrispecting the army/anthem. Trump's got you all well trained.

Good for Kaep (awful QB by the way). Good for Nike.

He hates America and everything it stands for. That's why people are pissed. It's all about undermining nationalistic pride in ones country. The globalist have you nice and brainwashed.

The Colin Kaepernick protest is not anti-US flag or anti-military, it's about social and racial injustice.

It is possible to be both a proud American or pro-America and against social and racial injustice.

Screw Kaepernick and his big beak.

He hates America and everything it stands for. That's why people are pissed. It's all about undermining nationalistic pride in ones country. The globalist have you nice and brainwashed.

Lol

It's actually not about undermining nationalistic pride. At all. That's what Trump has said it's about. Kap has literally gone on record saying what he's doing it for and still people, like yourself, want to say "No that's not it, you're doing it because this"

It's funny cause Kap is protesting for change that would make the country better. You can argue that he loves America more than most because he's willing to put his neck on the line in order to hopefully drive this country towards positive changes

Nike will be just fine. Billion dollar companies don’t just throw stuff at the wall and see if it sticks.

Ohhhh yes they do.

Like when Adidas (?) made the ad ”Cheat on your girlfriend. Not on your workout.”

I’m guessing a lot of people were fired for that one.

Big companies fall ALL THE TIME.

Toys R Us had over 1500 stores at $11 Billion in annual sales. GONE.

Polaroid had $3 Billion in revenue in the 70’s. All but GONE.

Pan Am ... gone.

Enron ... gone.

Circuit City ... gone

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

It's actually not about undermining nationalistic pride. At all. That's what Trump has said it's about. Kap has literally gone on record saying what he's doing it for and still people, like yourself, want to say "No that's not it, you're doing it because this"

It's funny cause Kap is protesting for change that would make the country better. You can argue that he loves America more than most because he's willing to put his neck on the line in order to hopefully drive this country towards positive changes

Problem is:

1) He’s free to do that on his own time. Not at work. If I went around protesting at my office, I could be fired too (I don’t work in an office, but whatever, it’s an analogy).

2) Words are just words. Where is the ACTIONS? Kaepernick donated $1 million - that’s 2% of his income. That’s like the average American donating $1,200. That’s it!? All this talk and you donate the equivalent of $1,200? Many people making $50k a year donate more than that!

Here’s what it really boils down to for me.

I don’t think Kaep is disrespecting the anthem or military or anyone else on purpose (meaning, I don’t think that’s his goal).

I think he just did it for attention.

That’s it.

Bullshit! He's perpetuating a fucking FICTION!

"Hands up, don't shoot" NEVER. FUCKING. HAPPENED.

He's making things WAY worse. If he really wanted to make things better, he would talk about black on black crime, which exceeds police violence by a multiplier of thousands.

Instead, he perpetuates a myth, which further divides this country.

Here’s what it really boils down to for me.

I don’t think Kaep is disrespecting the anthem or military or anyone else on purpose (meaning, I don’t think that’s his goal).

I think he just did it for attention.

That’s it.

Certainly a different outtake than the lazy ... he's unamerican ! he's disrespecting !!

Glad some do get that part.

This dude wore pig socks mocking police, and he gets the praise of nike and others that believe this guy "sacrificed "?!

GTFOH!

Meathead nailed it earlier in this thread. What he kneeled for was BS in the first place, and what he really did was jumpstart all the racial BS that the media is running wild with. He's actually negatively affected relations between races due to all of this...congrats, bro!

What a disgrace this guy and Nike are. And the sheep that buy into him are blind to what's really going on.

Yes it is. Just like The new Neil Armstrong movie not including the iconic moment of our flag being planted on the moon. A slow undermining of any kind of American pride by the globalist left in this country. Remember how Kaep started his protest? By sitting on the bench during the anthem. And when asked about it he said, "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color." His words. He has no pride for this country. So everyone can save all the BS spin. He's an anti-American piece of shit. If he wanted to change America and his people's lives for the better he would attack the real problems. The destabilization of the family in black communities and the poverty and violence that comes with it. Attack the disease, don't treat the symptoms.

Absolutely.

The biggest oppression and violence against blacks is each other.

There may be some truth to this guy pulling this stunt for other reasons that others have speculated. Either that, or the guy is racist himself.

I hate Kaepernick. I'm against anything he's for. These "protests" are really about him and nothing else.

This dude wore pig socks mocking police' date=' and he gets the praise of nike and others that believe this[/quote']

I forgot about this.

Ouch.

Eric Reid and Colin Kaepernick are still unemployed, for protesting for a very high percentage of unarmed black men being shot by the police.

the reason black men get so frequently shot by police is bc black males account for an astonishing 55-ish percent of ALL violent crimes and murders, despite representing only 13% of the population

when that appalling reality (ie. crime stats) is taken into account, black males are actually LESS likely to be shot by police than white males in similar encounters

dont believe me? read "The War on Cops" by highly accredited Heather McDonald, possibly the highest authority on police statistics in america:

https://www.amazon.com/War-Cops-Attack-Order-Everyone/dp/1594039682/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1536081272&sr=8-1&keywords=the+war+on+cops&dpID=512TbVybExL&preST=_SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch

i like you jungle, but you have bought into a lie. a massive lie that most people believe, but can be proven statistically to be false

believe me, ive been a civil rights activist my whole life. the common narrative we see on blackness and inequality is so overblown it makes it a lie. yes, we will always have battles to fight against white racism, and i will be right there to help. but enabling a false message is not helping, its hurting the cause

furthermore, our biggest problem right now is not white racism, but rather its black racism. we have a grotesquely huge double standard that is sowing resentment among whites who have abandoned their racist past and are ready to accept blacks as equals. blackness, however, still hold onto a great deal of their racism against whites. and using social media, they have browbeat whiteness until it made it possible to elected a jack off asshole like donald fucking trump

i adore blackness, but the cold reality is that at this point in history it is blackness that is causing most of the racial unrest, and damaging the all-important black/white relationship

that article is heavily biased

i could effectively counter every point they made in a debate. most of what they state is just not true, and i could back it up with references

this is the problem: there is a massive disinformation campaign about race in america, and most people are buying it without checking on it themselves. this caused tremendous imbalance in and damage to the b/w relationship

the books are out there. i can recommend five or ten if you are interested in educating yourself fully. but i know you probably wont, hardly nobody does. and thats why these lies and half-truths keep perpetuating themselves

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell