Sign in to follow this  
Bocephus

Sign Quarterback Landry Jones *****

I'd sign the ex-Steeler if I were the Bills. Solid, smart backup QB with some experience and a 5-year NFL veteran. The former Sooner would be a nice addition. Only 29-years-old. Huge numbers at Oklahoma. Was stuck behind Big Ben in Pittsburgh. I think we need someone else besides Allen and the noodle-armed Peterman. Thoughts?

Nope

They would've just kept McCarron if the intention was to carry 3 QB's.

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

He had his opportunities when Ben went down two years ago (I think?). He's a game manager at best, but I have a feeling we'll be starting a street free agent shortly (by week 8), so why not.

Nope

Someone with more experience would be a plus for this team. In the QB room if no where else. Allen, Peterman and McCarron combined had pretty much no experience other than 4 or 5 games. Allen and Peterman combined are one half of one regular season NFL game. I stand by my suggestion. Jones has talent and size. Check out his days at OU. Just sayin'.

Nope

They're working out Paxton Lynch tomorrow, so they seem to be thinking about carrying a third.

"Every single day I went out there I tried to have respect for the game and I played as hard as I possibly could." Derek Jeter 9/25/14

They're working out Paxton Lynch tomorrow, so they seem to be thinking about carrying a third.

A third what though because he can't play QB to save his life.:duh!:

Which is good thinking. I'd much prefer Landry Jones to Lynch who also has no NFL experience.

Which is good thinking. I'd much prefer Landry Jones to Lynch who also has no NFL experience.

I don't think it matters. By the time you get to your third QB, you're fuct.

"Every single day I went out there I tried to have respect for the game and I played as hard as I possibly could." Derek Jeter 9/25/14

I don't think it matters. By the time you get to your third QB, you're fuct.

You're right, but I'd rather see a transition from Jones to Allen than Peterman to Allen. Of the three, Jones is the best prepared to start in the short term knowing that Allen is the future. As an OU fan, I can tell you Jones can play. He'd be a great free agent to sign.

You're right, but I'd rather see a transition from Jones to Allen than Peterman to Allen. Of the three, Jones is the best prepared to start in the short term knowing that Allen is the future. As an OU fan, I can tell you Jones can play. He'd be a great free agent to sign.

Wait, you think they're bringing in guys like Lynch with an eye on starting them?

I absolutely don't think that. McDermott loves Peterman. He is the waking personification of "the Process".

I think Peterman is Fitzpatrick 2.0. Great guy. Very smart. But lacking the physical tools to be a franchise QB.

But McD is clearly dug in on him.

Wait, you think they're bringing in guys like Lynch with an eye on starting them?

I absolutely don't think that. McDermott loves Peterman. He is the waking personification of "the Process".

I think Peterman is Fitzpatrick 2.0. Great guy. Very smart. But lacking the physical tools to be a franchise QB.

But McD is clearly dug in on him.

Sure McDermott likes Peterman but dont you think he was pushing for Allen to win the starting job?

There is no question that Peterman had the best preseason of the qb's but McDermott kept the competition open until the final minute.

Sure McDermott likes Peterman but dont you think he was pushing for Allen to win the starting job?

There is no question that Peterman had the best preseason of the qb's but McDermott kept the competition open until the final minute.

No, I don't think he was pushing for Allen.

I think he was trying to make it look like he was, though.

We'll see how Peterman looks with the real bullets flying on Sunday. Hopefully better than his last outing against the Chargers.

I'd sign the ex-Steeler if I were the Bills. Solid, smart backup QB with some experience and a 5-year NFL veteran. The former Sooner would be a nice addition. Only 29-years-old. Huge numbers at Oklahoma. Was stuck behind Big Ben in Pittsburgh. I think we need someone else besides Allen and the noodle-armed Peterman. Thoughts?

More thoughts on Landry Jones????

We'll see how Peterman looks with the real bullets flying on Sunday. Hopefully better than his last outing against the Chargers.

Actually his last outing was in the snow storm against Indy and he didn't play bad at all. I'm sure that never in the history of sports did someone shit the bed in the beginning of their career and ended up being a good productive player.

Actually his last outing was in the snow storm against Indy and he didn't play bad at all. I'm sure that never in the history of sports did someone shit the bed in the beginning of their career and ended up being a good productive player.

Yes! He was awesome. LOL. 5 of 10 for 57 yards and a TD. Left concussed in the third quarter. I'm sure if not for the snow he would have been perfect.

i disagree

i think they are just preparing for an injury. doing their homework, so to speak. just being ready in case then need it

then want that roster spot. lots of questions in several areas. having an extra guy is very helpful

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

i disagree

i think they are just preparing for an injury. doing their homework, so to speak. just being ready in case then need it

then want that roster spot. lots of questions in several areas. having an extra guy is very helpful

I read an article in The Athletic today, in which Beane was adamant that they would have kept 3 QBs, had the Raiders not offered a 5th for AJ.

The way this OL looks, they're going to need a 3rd QB.

All it takes is one injury to Peterman, and you need another QB (to backup Allen). You can't go into a game week with Allen and an emergency QB.

But, like I said earlier, if you get down to QB3, you're screwed anyway. So it doesn't really matter either way.

Yes! He was awesome. LOL. 5 of 10 for 57 yards and a TD. Left concussed in the third quarter. I'm sure if not for the snow he would have been perfect.

Actually if there was no blizzard he would of been bullrushed liked no tomorrow...

He wasn't awesome during that game, but he did move the ball when we needed it and BTW we won. Lastly I don't think ANY QB would have had good to great stats in that game. The snowfall during the game was almost historical as in never happened before in the modern era. As for Peterman, he's our QB, I fully support on everything except out routes. Lol

He wasn't awesome during that game, but he did move the ball when we needed it and BTW we won. Lastly I don't think ANY QB would have had good to great stats in that game. The snowfall during the game was almost historical as in never happened before in the modern era. As for Peterman, he's our QB, I fully support on everything except out routes. Lol

Yes. Out routes are a bad idea with Peterman.