Sign in to follow this  
Angry Byrds

Bills signing Star Lotulelei

@billsdaily: RT @mikerodak: The Bills are expected to sign former Panthers DT Star Lotulelei to a five-year deal when free agency opens Wednesday, a source t...

THAT would be AWESOME.

Star is a quality player.

Quality is an under-statement. It fills one of our biggest needs and I'm sure McD and Beane know him well from Carolina so we won't have a repeat of post-payday Dareus.

Well damn. I have a conundrum. I was going to get an Odighizuwa jersey but now I'm thinking Lotulelei might look better on my back.

Quality is an under-statement. It fills one of our biggest needs and I'm sure McD and Beane know him well from Carolina so we won't have a repeat of post-payday Dareus.

If we can get Kyle back for another year, our defensive line suddenly is not a concern for 2018.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

Here is a prediction of the type of money he was expected to receive on the free agent market.

https://247sports.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/Bolt/Calculating-Panthers-free-agent-Star-Lotuleleis-market-value-114114027

"Spotrac.com, which uses a comparison formula to other similar players across the league based on position, performance and age, has calculated the offseason market value of Lotulelei as follows: Four years, $24.15 million for an average annual salary of $6.037 million.

Such a deal would put Lotulelei inside the top 20 highest-paid defensive tackles in the league in terms of annual average salary (for comparison sake, Short inked a five-year contract worth an average of more than $16 million per year last offseason). A four-year deal would also carry Lotulelei through his prime to the age of 32, a fair deal for both the team and the player."

Personally I think he'll get more from us. He's a solid signing.

Here is a prediction of the type of money he was expected to receive on the free agent market.

https://247sports.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/Bolt/Calculating-Panthers-free-agent-Star-Lotuleleis-market-value-114114027

"Spotrac.com, which uses a comparison formula to other similar players across the league based on position, performance and age, has calculated the offseason market value of Lotulelei as follows: Four years, $24.15 million for an average annual salary of $6.037 million.

Such a deal would put Lotulelei inside the top 20 highest-paid defensive tackles in the league in terms of annual average salary (for comparison sake, Short inked a five-year contract worth an average of more than $16 million per year last offseason). A four-year deal would also carry Lotulelei through his prime to the age of 32, a fair deal for both the team and the player."

Personally I think he'll get more from us. He's a solid signing.

Hm. According to PFF he sucks. I dont follow the Panthers. Is he any good?

Proud adopter of #54 AJ Klein and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Ninety-five Percents

Hm. According to PFF he sucks. I dont follow the Panthers. Is he any good?

He was awesome as a rookie but he's basically just been a big dude since then. He's been surrounded by some of the best front 7's in the entire league every year but he basically just negates the center on every play and hopes his teammates win their matchups. Obviously McBeane like him a lot more than I did from watching him as a Bucs fan the last few years though.

Saw this on Rotoworld but I think it's from Adam schefter Twitter

Bills signed DT Star Lotulelei, formerly of the Panthers, to a five-year contract.

Even if free agent DT Kyle Williams returns, the Bills desperately needed help at defensive tackle, and they found it in Lotulelei, who played under coach Sean McDermott in Carolina. While his numbers do not jump off the page, Lotulelei is a solid run stuffer who frees up the rest of the line to make plays. If 2016 third-rounder Adolphus Washington can take a step forward, this could be a much-improved unit in 2018.

Basically he’s taking the roll they and Rex asked Dareus to take on, paying him middle of the pack money, not elite money, good move. He eats the space and CAN still explode in if needed. I think he and Washington could be good together.

He was awesome as a rookie but he's basically just been a big dude since then. He's been surrounded by some of the best front 7's in the entire league every year but he basically just negates the center on every play...

Yep this is accurate.

Except you don’t seem to know WHY that’s the case.

He is a really solid player.

Not flashy. But super solid.

Carolina used him as a NT after his rookie season which made him simply eat space.

You’ll see a lot more collapsing of the line with him as a DT here.

McDermott was his former defensive coordinator and Beane scouted and drafted him. They worked with this guy everyday. They know him way more than anybody on this board.

He's not a player that you can evaluate based on numbers. When you are asked by your coach to absorb bodies and eat space so that the players around you are freed up, it necessarily means that the people around you will get the tackle and sack #s.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg

He's not a player that you can evaluate based on numbers. When you are asked by your coach to absorb bodies and eat space so that the players around you are freed up, it necessarily means that the people around you will get the tackle and sack #s.

Correct.

And it’s why analyst sites like PFF fuck it up so much.