Sign in to follow this  
LiterateStylish

Belichick to McDaniels: "I am going to open my world to you"

Mike Reiss of ESPN, via WEEI.com, reports that Belichick has promised to open the knowledge vault for McDaniels.

“Bill Belichick said to him, ‘I want you to be by my side. I am going to open my world to you,'” Reiss said. “‘Show you how I view roster building, how I look at financials and the salary cap.’ To McDaniels, who is 41 years old, the chance to be with Belichick, arguably the greatest coach of all-time, 65 years old, to have that opportunity was viewed as to be extremely valuable to him.”

The fact that Belichick hadn’t shared that information with McDaniels suggests that maybe he wasn’t ready to be a head coach again. (Nine years ago, he definitely wasn’t ready to be the head coach of the Broncos.) After McDaniels gets a master class from the Patriot Way sensei, McDaniels will be ready.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/07/bill-belichick-will-open-the-knowledge-vault-for-josh-mcdaniels/

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

here, let me show you how to be successful. now this is the gate that i open to let tom brady onto the field. any questions?

One set of rules for all in The Beloved Community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

BB has 2 great traits which I'll get to, he's not some revolutionary when it comes to roster building. Plenty of teams only pay certain players, look at a certain skill set and move on from aging vets. I will give him credit for the plethora of receiving backs and slot WR's he's cycled through the last 18 years.

When it comes to coaching however, he's aggressive on offense and he's flexible on defense. He doesn't commit to a strict 3-4 or 4-3.

Would his system be half as effective without the GOAT at QB? No. Would he have been to 8 Super Bowls with Alex Smith or Eli Manning? Manning or Brees? Peyton IMO quietly made it to 4 Super Bowls.

Brady has just been that good. He's been dissecting defenses for damn near 2 decades.

The one situation I think where BB would've found the same success is in GB with Rogers. GB has done a terrible job of roster building, especially on defense. They've consistently invested in WR's and Rogers is so good he's going to elevate any WR. There's a reason why they can be depleted at WR and then a guy like Geronimo Allison can step in and put up numbers.

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

BB has 2 great traits which I'll get to, he's not some revolutionary when it comes to roster building. Plenty of teams only pay certain players, look at a certain skill set and move on from aging vets. I will give him credit for the plethora of receiving backs and slot WR's he's cycled through the last 18 years.

When it comes to coaching however, he's aggressive on offense and he's flexible on defense. He doesn't commit to a strict 3-4 or 4-3.

Would his system be half as effective without the GOAT at QB? No. Would he have been to 8 Super Bowls with Alex Smith or Eli Manning? Manning or Brees? Peyton IMO quietly made it to 4 Super Bowls.

Brady has just been that good. He's been dissecting defenses for damn near 2 decades.

The one situation I think where BB would've found the same success is in GB with Rogers. GB has done a terrible job of roster building, especially on defense. They've consistently invested in WR's and Rogers is so good he's going to elevate any WR. There's a reason why they can be depleted at WR and then a guy like Geronimo Allison can step in and put up numbers.

Belichick, like no coach ever, has an eye for knowing when a player is DONE.

I don't know how he does it.

No doubt he's done a good job moving on from aging vets. Seymour continued to play well but they got a 1st rounder out of it, and flipped some picks even after that into more picks. That was a great value.

Brady getting paid half of what he's worth has helped them more than anything.

IMO the best job they've done is the Kevin Faulk clones, and Welker/Edelman.

LB's and Safeties just aren't built to match up with guys like that.

It helps that they got lucky AF and no one saw Brady as shit coming out of college and slips to the 6th round, and then 8 years later they draft one of the most unstoppable weapons in Gronk in the 2nd round.

There's not to many guys that slipped that far that are once in a generation guys that simply change games. Antonio Brown comes to mind.

Seattle did great with Sherman and Wilson. Even though they're both great players that's not Brady amd Gronk, who are the 2 best to ever play at their spots.

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

No doubt he's done a good job moving on from aging vets. Seymour continued to play well but they got a 1st rounder out of it, and flipped some picks even after that into more picks. That was a great value.

You're not giving him enough credit.

Every team moves on from aging vets.

But no one - and I mean NO ONE - in NFL history has ever been able to accurately know when a player was done more than Bill Belichick.

Chandler Jones, Logan Mankins, Jaime Collins, Willie McGinest, Mike Vrabel, Richard Seymour, Asante Samuel, Deion Branch, Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, Wes Welker.

The list goes on and on.

1 year early instead of 1 year late.

IMO the best job they've done is the Kevin Faulk clones, and Welker/Edelman.

You don't have to tell me.

One of my favorite Bills is on their roster wearing #15.

It helps that they got lucky AF and no one saw Brady as shit coming out of college and slips to the 6th round, and then 8 years later they draft one of the most unstoppable weapons in Gronk in the 2nd round.

Belichick drafted Gronk.

Give credit.

Brady getting paid half of what he's worth has helped them more than anything.

as ive said, its marcia that is the glue, not cheating bill

giving up all that salary was a massive gift to bill. it allows him to overpay role players that makes the rest of the team stronger

bill is possibly the most overrated human being in any job in the history of history. think about it. every job in the entire world and hes the most unworthy of his perceived status. before him it was don. but even getting to the presidency as an incompetent buffoon cant beat the unearned reputation that bill has acquired

god i hope he keeps coaching after she retires

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

That quote from Belichick sounds like a Disney Movie.

‘I want you to be by my side. I am going to open my world to you,'

Tha said, I think it is a solid move by the Patriots...and they should have kept Jimmy G.

So he's going to leave him Ernie Adams and his video taping crew? What a great guy!

Sack "The Buffalo Range's TRUSTED News Source!"

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

Yes he has this mastered no doubt. Like a freaking magician.

To the unknowing mind to how his inner sanctum works(Ernie Adams helps him? People he trust for opinions on players help him? He does it all on his own?), it appears to me he uses payday as a major part of the equation. Not always, but when a very good player gets close to the big payday 2nd or 3rd contract, that is when he is most likely to move them.

For all we know Kraft may have directed BB he can not have a lot of players making more than Brady??

Maybe in the future BB will write a tell all book.

cba fan

Show my world to you.... yeah right! The Pats will have some punk HC the QB is telling to fuck off during games for doing his job.

Show my world to you.... yeah right! The Pats will have some punk HC the QB is telling to fuck off during games for doing his job.

Not for nothing but McDaniels just seems like the kind of douche you want to punch square in the face if you saw him at a bar.

“When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic.” ~ Dresden James

Parler @NYexile

And then they will smush their semi hard penises together

I hope they give each other AIDS. :niterider

You're not giving him enough credit.

Every team moves on from aging vets.

But no one - and I mean NO ONE - in NFL history has ever been able to accurately know when a player was done more than Bill Belichick.

Chandler Jones, Logan Mankins, Jaime Collins, Willie McGinest, Mike Vrabel, Richard Seymour, Asante Samuel, Deion Branch, Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, Wes Welker.

The list goes on and on.

1 year early instead of 1 year late.

He is amazing at it.

As far as drafting, he is not great, okay, but not great. But he brings in players from other teams, see Chris Hogan, and puts them in a system where they can excel.

Then sprinkle in Brady who is like the turbocharger to accentuate the players skills.

Build the OLine...

He wants to open his what to who??

No, this is all in good fun...I would never say this to your face...well, okay, but I'd say it with a smile

it appears to me he uses payday as a major part of the equation. Not always, but when a very good player gets close to the big payday 2nd or 3rd contract, that is when he is most likely to move them.

and why is he able to do that?

bc he has the golden girl on his team who offers players a ring easier than they can get anywhere else. that gives cheatin bill leverage. if hes getting signals from an agent that his successful player wants to get paid, then he ships them off for draft picks TO SEND A MESSAGE TO THE OTHER PLAYERS - if you want a chance at the easy ring then dont push me on your salary

that keeps salaries artificially low on the team so that he can go out and overspend on role players like white wide receivers and touchdown mike

this is why i say marcia is the glue. once shes gone he wont have that leverage anymore and that whole bullshit patriot way will crumble

It is interesting that the coordinators of BB knew so few stuff. BB really keeps as much close to his vest as possible.

I would have thought that McDaniels already was involved (at least informed about) much of that stuff. Then again, I would also give the weasel McDaniels as few information as possible.

Proud adopter of #54 AJ Klein and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Ninety-five Percents

It is interesting that the coordinators of BB knew so few stuff. BB really keeps as much close to his vest as possible.

I would have thought that McDaniels already was involved (at least informed about) much of that stuff. Then again, I would also give the weasel McDaniels as few information as possible.

After Mangini left and reported Spygate and Flutie blew the lid off *Radiogate 2, BB likely circled the wagons and tight lipped it.

Radiogate 1 was just coincidence that teams driving late would lose radio use. Ask M Tomlin. Radiogate 2 was QB and defensive callers had radio on after the cutoff time before play.

cba fan

BB comes from a military background and he runs his team like an operation. Everything is compartmentalized. :niterider

he runs it like a gulag. why? the chance at the easy rings

all that will evaporate when the prom queen is gone. then he goes back to the painfully mediocre hc he always was without her in the lineup

that approach simply wont work when you cant give guys the chance at the easy ring. back to sub-.500 there, chubby

That's why I said McDaniels was OC in title only on another thread. Just look at his coaching tree to see how they all failed elsewhere.

Parler @NYexile