LiterateStylish

Patriots got hosed on Two touchdowns

Not that I’m complaining, but the patriots really did get hosed on two touchdowns.

First, that long touchdown, all year long the league has been calling it incomplete when the ball moves and you don’t get 2 feet in balance. The ball clearly moved after his first step, and the third step went out of bounds. Therefore no 2 feet in bounds. All throughout the year, that would’ve been incomplete. It was funny watching the announcers be so shocked that it wasn’t overturned though LOL.

Second, the touchdown right before the end of the first half where Nick Foles caught it. That was an illegal formation all day. Refs didn’t call it.

You can even argue the last touchdown. They call that exact play incomplete in Pittsburgh. But that’s just bullshit. That should’ve been a touchdown .

Not that I’m complaining, but the patriots really did get hosed on two touchdowns.

First, that long touchdown, all year long the league has been calling it incomplete when you ball moves and you don’t get 2 feet in balance. The ball clearly moved after his first step, and the third step one out of bounds. Therefore no 2 feet in bounds. All throughout the year, that would’ve been incomplete.

Second the touchdown right before the end of the first half where Nick Foles caught it. That was an illegal formation all day. Refs didn’t call it.

You can even argue the last touchdown. They call that exact play incomplete in Pittsburgh. But that’s just bullshit. That should’ve been a touchdown .

It's about fuckin time they didn't get the calls.

It wasn't even close. He took 3 steps before lunging for the end zone. he was a runner and he scored. TD all.the.way. Al fucking Riveron was even able to figure it out.

No doubt Goodell was too scared to call back both of those TD's because it's been such a hot take talking point.

The Clement one should've come back, based on how they typically call shit. The Ertz one IMO was a little different from James because Ertz turned up field amd dove, James momentum had him coming down and he extended.

Getting hosed is a bit extreme though. Pats once again had 1 accepted penalty against for 5 yards. Only other penalty I recall being called was an offside on the FG that put Philly up by 6 which was of course declined.

I can't believe the Patriots can play 180 minutes of football and not one offensive holding, no illegal hands to the face on am OL or DL. It's crazy.

And it was refreshing. :niterider

It wasn't even close. He took 3 steps before lunging for the end zone. he was a runner and he scored. TD all.the.way. Al fucking Riveron was even able to figure it out.

I agree.

No doubt Goodell was too scared to call back both of those TD's because it's been such a hot take talking point.

The Clement one should've come back, based on how they typically call shit. The Ertz one IMO was a little different from James because Ertz turned up field amd dove, James momentum had him coming down and he extended.

Getting hosed is a bit extreme though. Pats once again had 1 accepted penalty against for 5 yards. Only other penalty I recall being called was an offside on the FG that put Philly up by 6 which was of course declined.

I can't believe the Patriots can play 180 minutes of football and not one offensive holding, no illegal hands to the face on am OL or DL. It's crazy.

Clement - that’s the one.

I don’t know how they didn’t overturn that considered they overturned those literally all year.

Philly didn’t have many penalties either.

And not calling an illegal formation call is inexcusable.

During the season, touchdowns like the ones you mention, were reversed in favor of Pats and only the Pats.

Tonight, Riveron did not have the balls to hand the Pats the SB because he wants to keep his job. Not reversing was clearly the correct call.

theyve sort of changed the way they call that play around the last half of the season. prior to that, it was pretty clear you had to maintain total control until you stopped moving/rolling/sliding. but ppl started complaining about that so they started calling it with less requirements, sort of halfway in the middle where it used to be years ago and what it was at the start of the season

its sort like foot in the crease all year and then suddenly the rule changes in triple overtime or whatever it was. like why???

i cant see why the hell they cant come up with a consistent standard, but they cant

at least this time they went against the cheaters. fuck them. still rooting for a fireball to hit their bus or something

theyve sort of changed the way they call that play around the last half of the season. prior to that, it was pretty clear you had to maintain total control until you stopped moving/rolling/sliding. but ppl started complaining about that so they started calling it with less requirements, sort of halfway in the middle where it used to be years ago and what it was at the start of the season

its sort like foot in the crease all year and then suddenly the rule changes in triple overtime or whatever it was. like why???

i cant see why the hell they cant come up with a consistent standard, but they cant

at least this time they went against the cheaters. fuck them. still rooting for a fireball to hit their bus or something

Be careful, I called for their plane to crash and got beat up over it for a week.....

First, that long touchdown, all year long the league has been calling it incomplete when the ball moves and you don’t get 2 feet in balance. The ball clearly moved after his first step, and the third step went out of bounds. Therefore no 2 feet in bounds. All throughout the year, that would’ve been incomplete. It was funny watching the announcers be so shocked that it wasn’t overturned though LOL.

Second, the touchdown right before the end of the first half where Nick Foles caught it. That was an illegal formation all day. Refs didn’t call it.

No way Lit. You are wrong on both of these.

First TD his toes dragged before he hit the white. So that is a TD even with late possession of ball with that slight movement.

TD by TE he clearly was NOT going to the ground to complete that catch. They finally get that right. Not like Pitt overturn. The Pat guy was tackling Ertz. He was clearly a runner.

On Eagle two pt conversion Pat clearly hit wr before ball got there.

Gronk pushed Darby off for the TD.

No way Lit. You are wrong on both of these.

First TD his toes dragged before he hit the white. So that is a TD even with late possession of ball with that slight movement.

Nope.

Watch again.

TD by TE he clearly was NOT going to the ground to complete that catch. They finally get that right. Not like Pitt overturn. The Pat guy was tackling Kelce. He was clearly a runner.

I agree.

I said so in the original post.

The first TD you refer to, I believe was the correct call. It appeared to me that the ball moved when he was simply re-positioning it in his hands. Due to this, it should either be a TD or left to the call on the field as it was not conclusive (insert Kelvin Benjamin reference here).

The second TD in question I'm honestly not sure of. In all reality that should be a TD but with the jacked up rules in the game today, I thought they would say that the ball hit the ground and even though he recovered his own fumble that he didn't complete the catch. If that wasn't called a TD, the Eagles would've been able to chew more time off the clock before at least kicking a FG leaving Brady very little time to do downfield so it worked out.

If you want to talk about a bad call, let's reference that ridiculous PI on the ensuing 2pt attempt. If there was ever a make up call, that was it.

You don’t know what illegal formation is, do you?

How many letters have you sent Bill Belichick requesting mason jars full of his ejaculate?

The ball didn't move and the refs didn't call it an illegal formation. So. It was a touchdown. Boo yah. I'm sure you already have gone through several boxes of tissues with the Patriots loss but you need to get over it.

lol this is like watching 2 bad guy wrestlers, whom you normally root against, and having to decide which one you wish to root for. Sadly, I think I'm picking Bert here!

PS that idiot Wagon andlater his butt buddy Lit agreed with him, that just because I mentioned wrestling like this that I am that Triple H kid lol. idiots.