I don't see how I'm "talking tough" (whatever that means).

I'm simply telling you facts.

On this forum, if you say things without facts, expect to get called out.

Facts, huh? You are making assumptions on the run D and the impact Dareus had. And when Dareus was really playing well (before his deal), he was getting sacks and pressure on the QB. He did little of that this past season. The small sample size you had of run defense isn't definitive proof of what Dareus did...It's you trying to make an argument, which I don't mind, so long as you don't insult and talk down as if you are the only one here who knows football and is always right. Nobody is always right...that's true wisdom, my friend.

Facts' date=' huh? You are making assumptions on the run D and the impact Dareus had.[/quote']

No assumptions.

Facts.

With Dareus: Top 10 rush defense.

Without Dareus: Bottom 10 rush defense.

It's quite simple, actually.

And when Dareus was really playing well (before his deal), he was getting sacks and pressure on the QB.

That has to do with scheme.

McDermott uses his DT's to eat up blockers and allow his edge rushers and LB's to rush the QB.

Schwartz used his LB's to plug holes and free up his DT's and DE's to rush the QB.

He did little of that this past season.

Yeah, because the scheme is different.

The small sample size you had of run defense isn't definitive proof of what Dareus did...It's you trying to make an argument, which I don't mind, so long as you don't insult and talk down as if you are the only one here who knows football and is always right. Nobody is always right...that's true wisdom, my friend.

No one is insulting you.

It's just facts.

You're in over your head. You don't have the football knowledge necessary to make this debate fair.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

DT tackles like him are hard to replace and when he left are D went from top 10 to bottom 10 in run D,

no they arent, especially for the money that shit sack was making.

also it's our.

lol

ECQKgbmW4AAkI5n.jpg:large

no they arent, especially for the money that shit sack was making.

also it's our.

So why then did our run D go down the shitter once Dareus was traded?

He looks awesome because he’s not on the Bills anymore...that’s all.

Dude did not want to be here. Did the good ol Marshawn Lynch move and got his wish. Fuck him.

Yup. And all it took to get him motivated was to be one game away from the super bowl.

If he played like that all the time, he'd be a Buffalo Bill.

So why then did our run D go down the shitter once Dareus was traded?

Oh my god we traded away a superstar who can never be replaced or equaled!!!! LOL. Calm down folks. This Dareus love is beyond weird.

Yup. And all it took to get him motivated was to be one game away from the super bowl.

Pot smoking, lazy, overrated dumbass. Some around here just have a hard on for Beane & McDermott for reasons unknown. They can do nothing right for these critics. Lit actually thinks firing Ryan was a mistake. Really? Good god.

Oh my god we traded away a superstar who can never be replaced or equaled!!!! LOL. Calm down folks. This Dareus love is beyond weird.

We could not replace Dareus in season if the Bills wanted to trade him trade him in the offseason then you sign someone.

Would he?

How are you judging his motivation?

Not only was this trade bad because of the compensation, but let's not forget that we traded Dareus to a PLAYOFF COMPETITOR.

That's just... wow.

Yes, they are.

Very hard to replace in fact.

No.

Look at this list. Its littered with guys taken waaaay past 3rd overall, where bonghead was taken. Half of these guys in the top 40 are not even 1st rounders.

I hate that trade because they had no backup plan to deal with the loss. But big fat lineman that munch space are a dime a dozen and they have plenty of picks to figure out who steps into that spot

lol

ECQKgbmW4AAkI5n.jpg:large

No.

Look at this list. Its littered with guys taken waaaay past 3rd overall, where bonghead was taken. Half of these guys in the top 40 are not even 1st rounders.

I hate that trade because they had no backup plan to deal with the loss. But big fat lineman that munch space are a dime a dozen and they have plenty of picks to figure out who steps into that spot

No.

Faulty correlation.

Just because a few top 10 DT’s we’re taken ‘late’ doesn’t mean that they are easy to find.

That’s like saying a franchise QB is easy to find because Tom Brady, Russel Wilson and Kirk Cousins were all taken in the 3rd round or later.

Again, faulty correlation.

And that doesn’t even get into the fact that no one is saying you can’t find an average fat DT to plug holes. What we are saying is that you can’t find an ELITE talent like Dareus.

The only thing really stupid is the contract he has in the first place. Had a competent negotiator set that up, he would have already been cut due to multiple drug violations. He CAN dominate and has not in years. The fact Beane got a pick from anybody to take on that salary was a win. Jacksonville is going to crumble, they will be in cap hell very shortly and still looking the Bills, great D, no offense, primarily because they have no QB. Look st what happened when it mattered. The D got beat by good QB play and theirs couldn’t move the ball.

Lit thinks it’s stupid, I think he is an Ass, both are opinions, pretending either is a fact is the problem with this place.

This trade was not totally about the player, effort, or talent. It was about getting out from under a ridiculous $100 million contract for a guy who couldn't (wouldn't) stay on the field.

It was an escape from cap hell...cutting losses now. You can debate whether or not this move was wise, but don't delude yourself into thinking that this move wasn't mostly about the cap.

"I am alarmed at the subtle invasion of professional football, which is gaining preeminence over baseball. It's unthinkable."

- Branch Rickey (August 20, 1959)

"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

- Marcus Aurelius

This trade was not totally about the player, effort, or talent. It was about getting out from under a ridiculous $100 million contract for a guy who couldn't (wouldn't) stay on the field.

It was an escape from cap hell...cutting losses now. You can debate whether or not this move was wise, but don't delude yourself into thinking that this move wasn't mostly about the cap.

Except we weren’t in cap hell and the trade BARELY helped our cap.

Nobody misses Dareus besides yourself.

The compensation was not good, and we ditched him when his value was about as low as it could have been, but in the end it is still a positive unloading his contract and his "issues".

The team obviously bought into McD and his culture, and they decided Dareus didn't fit into that, so it made sense...even though the value and timing was not good.

In the end, everyone wins by this move...even if we could've done better.

Move on

Nobody misses Dareus besides yourself.

The compensation was not good, and we ditched him when his value was about as low as it could have been, but in the end it is still a positive unloading his contract and his "issues".

The team obviously bought into McD and his culture, and they decided Dareus didn't fit into that, so it made sense...even though the value and timing was not good.

In the end, everyone wins by this move...even if we could've done better.

Move on

Says who?

Most of what you said is unproven conjecture and the rest is flat wrong.

Who said Dareus didn’t buy into the culture?

Who said we win by this move?

Who said we save by unloading his cap space? (We save very little)

Dareus was hurt and just staring to hit his stride but you guys can't see that, because you are pisssed he smoked some blunt big fuckin deal.

Says who?

Most of what you said is unproven conjecture and the rest is flat wrong.

Who said Dareus didn’t buy into the culture?

Who said we win by this move?

Who said we save by unloading his cap space? (We save very little)

Because it was widely reported that he wasn't buying in. Do you think they move him for pennies on the dollar if he's playing well and fitting into what McD wants? Of course not.

We save some now, but more later, and we also get a draft pick. That's a win in my book for a guy that wasn't living up to his contract and had already been suspended and was showing up late for meetings/practice/games.

I am generally very skeptical of the Bills and how they operate, and I supported Dareus longer than most, but I think it became apparent that he wasn't part of this team's plans due to numerous things I've already stated. I thought we dealt Sammy when he had low value as well and criticized the move. I haven't been impressed with Beane whatsoever, but I can't find much to gripe over with what they did im regards to Marcel.