Flan

Ranking the 32 starting nfl qbs

I was surprised to see Ryan Fitzpatrick on the list .... For those who like suspense i wont reveal where the Bills QB is ranked by this writer.

RANKING THE 32 STARTING NFL QBS

Posted by Andrew Juge on May 20, 2014 00:00

Tweet

When you’re trying to build a competitive team that can rival for a spot in the playoffs the big question is always the same: do you have that franchise quarterback? While there’s 11 players on both sides of the ball, and 21 other players on the field on any given play, the quarterback always gets the most publicity. Marquee wins always get attributed to the main passer, right or wrong, and crushing defeats always get blamed on them, fairly or unfairly. Here’s our ranking of each starting quarterback in the league. With the depth charts that are still undecided, consideration for the quality of both quarterbacks was made.

1. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos: After last season he’s clearly re-asserted himself as the league’s best. Despite being 38 years old he’s coming off what was the best season of his Hall of Fame worthy decorated career. He can still make all the throws and his ability to read defenses and confuse them remains in a class of its own. The only thing that’s missing from him being firmly labelled as the greatest of all time with no discussion necessary is more Super Bowl titles.

more .... http://www.yardbarker.com/author/article_external/16500190?linksrc=mb_favorites_head

Until EJ proves something, I don't think 30th is unfair. The only one I question above him is Houston. At least Buffalo has a plan, Houston doesn't. Fitzy is a good back up, he'll win you a game or two. He hit his ceiling long ago and it's crawl space height.

Ed Oliver is my adopt-a-Bill

yeah cant really argue. i mean you get in that 20+ range and they could rank in any order, but compared to even a middling veteran like fitz ej just didnt play at that level yet. but most rookies arent so hes in good company and has a very good setup waiting for him to step in and show hes made that big sophomore leap you always look for

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

As of this moment Fitz is better than EJ so no point in arguing that one.

Besides does it really matter if he deserves to be higher ?? I mean how much higher 3-4 spots at best. That would give us the 26th best qb in the game. Pathetic.

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

He needs to stay healthy, he was out half the year last year...wtf. I am praying that it was just bad luck.

12thmannb6.jpg

Circle the wagons

I see that are in some cases ranking QB groups.......

But based on current starting QB's, EJ should def beat out Geno, but I understand if they are sceptical that Vick may start 2 games before breaking his ribs...

!!! COME ON YOU SPURS !!!

dempsey-ap-670.jpg?w=670&h=350

EJ is going to surprise a lot of people this year, he is not the 30th ranked QB in the NFL IMO.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

I think the top 4 is accurate but from there I'm not to sure. Have to mull this list over from 5-32. Gives me something to do waiting for OTA's to start.

B U F F A L O

R O A M' E R

10-6 in 2016 PLAYOFF BOUND ?

Never, ever take lesser talent over better talent because of need.

Just say "NO!" to projects in the first round

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl/buffalo/billspics.html

EJ is going to surprise a lot of people this year, he is not the 30th ranked QB in the NFL IMO.

Where would you rank him?

xfnjfd.jpg

Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be Bills fans

Where would you rank him?

I"m projecting for him to improve his game substantially from last year, last year is not a representation of his abilities. He is capable of being at worst a mid level QB, 16th in the NFL. He has much better tools than Ryan Tannehill, Andy Dalton, Matt Schaub, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brian Hoyer/John Manziel, Matt Cassel/Christian Ponder/Teddy Bridgewater, Jake Locker, Chad Henne/Blake Bortles.

Manuel may surprise a lot of people this year, but I won't be one of them. I'm expecting big things from him and to take advantage of the weapons he has been surrounded with on offense and the improvements in the OL.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

I"m projecting for him to improve his game substantially from last year, last year is not a representation of his abilities. He is capable of being at worst a mid level QB, 16th in the NFL. He has much better tools than Ryan Tannehill, Andy Dalton, Matt Schaub, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brian Hoyer/John Manziel, Matt Cassel/Christian Ponder/Teddy Bridgewater, Jake Locker, Chad Henne/Blake Bortles.

That would move him to 24th in the league, which I think is a fair assessment right now.

xfnjfd.jpg

Well he really didn't play all that much last year as he was hurt through most of the season. Also he is a rookie, a rookie QB at that! People are expecting him to put up Peyton Manning type number his first year are insane. This year he should make a large jump. He has better recievers (although Watkins is unproven, but Mike Williams is and the extra year of experience for Goodwin, Woods should help as well). However I think the biggest improvement that you will see is the Offensive Line. We all know Glenn and Wood are Studs, Urbik is good but our LG and RT last year sucked. We drafted 3 Linemen all of which could of been 1st round talent but got overlooked for some reason. Only need two of the three to pan out to really make this team a force to wreckon with. Everything really comes down to Spiller and Jackson. If the Bills can establish the run game, then EJ Manual's life will become very easy. If they cannot establish the run, then our QB will have to carry the team on his shoulders and that could be where we have problems!

If our new rookie T and G can produce, and we don't have any critical injuries, I could see the Bills winning as many as 10 games this year.

They were a much better team than 6 and 10 last year.

Also wondering how Pat's hold up. They seem to have been relatively lucky the last few years with escaping the injury bug. Gronk and Wilfork are the only two the come to mind that are key players that got hurt.

Also wondering how Pat's hold up. They seem to have been relatively lucky the last few years with escaping the injury bug. Gronk and Wilfork are the only two the come to mind that are key players that got hurt.

They lost Talib, Amendola, Vollmer, Vereen, Spikes, and Adrian Wilson to injuries at various times last year, and lost Hernandez for good to a severe case of "being a psychopath"

xfnjfd.jpg

That would move him to 24th in the league, which I think is a fair assessment right now.

He is better than the 24th QB in the NFL, he has more talent than that. Like I said his floor is the 16th best QB, he is capable of being a top 10 QB if he reaches his full potential. He has to work on the weak parts of his game, but he has all the physical tools and intangible skills you look for in a QB. Now it's time for him to seize opportunity and help this team establish a winning culture.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

They lost Talib, Amendola, Vollmer, Vereen, Spikes, and Adrian Wilson to injuries at various times last year, and lost Hernandez for good to a severe case of "being a psychopath"

And Wilfork.

He is better than the 24th QB in the NFL, he has more talent than that. Like I said his floor is the 16th best QB, he is capable of being a top 10 QB if he reaches his full potential. He has to work on the weak parts of his game, but he has all the physical tools and intangible skills you look for in a QB. Now it's time for him to seize opportunity and help this team establish a winning culture.

You said it, but that doesn't make it true. Manuel's floor is much lower than 16th. He hasn't even reached 16th yet. If he cannot stay healthy or develop touch on his passes, he might never reach his "floor." He does indeed have the potential to reach the Top 10, but you don't get drafted in the first round unless you have the potential.

And Wilfork.

I know. The post I quoted already mentioned Wilfork.

xfnjfd.jpg

You said it, but that doesn't make it true. Manuel's floor is much lower than 16th. He hasn't even reached 16th yet. If he cannot stay healthy or develop touch on his passes, he might never reach his "floor." He does indeed have the potential to reach the Top 10, but you don't get drafted in the first round unless you have the potential.

I know. The post I quoted already mentioned Wilfork.

Last year was an anomaly, he was healthy for most of his college career, missing only one start. He is not going to miss half the season again. So being the 16th QB in the NFL is the floor for him.

L*t is a loser

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

He wasn't lighting the world on fire even when he was healthy. Manuel needs to improve significantly this off season to even reach 16th.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

xfnjfd.jpg