If he gets medically cleared, I would love to have Jermichael Finley on the Bills.

Quarterback: Brady Quinn, Vince Young.

Both Quinn and Young have bounced around in recent years, and whether both could be top backups again is somewhat in doubt, but their NFL experience puts them at or near the top of the ready list of candidates for a No. 3 QB role.

Running back: Felix Jones, Ryan Williams, Ronnie Brown.

Still only 27, Jones could be a viable third or fourth option in a backfield. The 24-year-old Williams had his Arizona career derailed by injuries. Brown ranked 16th in blocking among all NFL backs in 2013, according to Pro Football Focus.

Fullback: Vonta Leach.

He could be a fit for a team looking strictly for a blocking back.

Wide receivers: Santonio Holmes, Greg Little.

Holmes has shown playmaking ability throughout his career, gaining 15.7 yards per catch in an eight-season run. However, he has played only 15 combined games in the last two seasons. Little has never missed an NFL game and has 155 regular season catches to his credit. Nevertheless, the Browns decided to move on from the fourth-year pro from North Carolina, who will only be 25 this season.

Tight end: Jermichael Finley, Ben Hartsock.

Finley’s NFL future is tied to whether he gains medical clearance after an October 2013 neck injury. Given his talent and relatively young age (27), he’s the best free agent available at any position if healthy. Hartsock’s value stems from his blocking; he was the NFL’s best run-blocker at tight end in 2013, per PFF.

Offensive tackle: Bryant McKinnie, Tyson Clabo, Eric Winston.

McKinnie is an experienced, short-term bridge option at left tackle. He will be 35 in September. Winston (119 starts) and Clabo (116 starts) are similar options at right tackle.

Offensive guard: Davin Joseph, Uche Nwaneri, Will Rackley.

There is a glut of experienced guards on the market. A former Pro Bowler, Joseph will now be two seasons removed from a broken kne cap. He has drawn a little interest in free agency. Nwaneri and Rackley were the Jaguars’ starting guards a season ago. The 30-year-old Nwaneri is the more accomplished player of the duo, while Rackley’s age (25 in October) is one of his key selling points.

Center: Kyle Cook, Jonathan Goodwin.

Cook (6-3, 310) started 66 games for the Bengals from 2009 through 2013. He was limited to four games in 2012 after ankle surgery. He will be 31 in July. Goodwin, 35, has started every game in the last five seasons, the last three of which were with San Francisco. Like Cook, Goodwin has good size for the position (6-3, 318).

Defensive end: Jason Hunter, Daniel Te’o-Nesheim, Brett Keisel.

Hunter and Te’o-Nesheim could appeal to 4-3 clubs, while the 35-year-old Keisel is the best of the 3-4 ends on the market.

Defensive tackle: Kevin Williams, Isaac Sopoaga, Aubrayo Franklin

Williams has missed just five games in 11 NFL seasons, but he’ll be 34 in August. Nevertheless, he could still be a contributor for a 4-3 team. Seattle has reportedly shown interest. Sopoaga and Franklin are fits at nose guard in 3-4 schemes.

Inside linebacker: Pat Angerer, Desmond Bishop, Dan Connor.

The 27-year-old Angerer could play either in the middle or on the weak side in a 4-3. Health and durability are the concerns with the Iowa product. Bishop recorded more than 100 tackles playing inside in the Packers’ 3-4 scheme in 2010 and 2011. Connor (29 in November) has made 27 regular season starts.

Outside linebacker: Stephen Nicholas, James Anderson, James Harrison, Edgar Jones.

Nicholas (50 starts) and Anderson (102 tackles, four sacks for Chicago in 2013) are 4-3 outside linebackers. Harrison, 36, is best in a 3-4 defense. Jones also has experience in a “30” front and is an experienced special teams player.

Cornerback: Terrell Thomas, Asante Samuel, Dunta Robinson.

The 29-year-old Thomas made a stirring comeback in 2013 after missing two seasons with knee injuries. Samuel, 33, has 51 career picks, but he’s entering his 12th NFL season. The physical Robinson, Samuel’s former Atlanta teammate, is entering his 11th campaign.

Safety: Jim Leonhard, Mike Adams, Steve Gregory.

Gregory, 31, has started at least 11 games in each of the last three seasons. The 33-year-old Adams is another seasoned pro on the back end of the defense. Leonhard, 31, has been a starter on some very good defenses throughout his career and can catch punts.

Returner: Josh Cribbs.

A long-time special teams ace who can return kickoffs and punts and cover kicks, Cribbs can also be utilized at receiver and in “Wildcat” packages.

Kicker: Rob Bironas.

Has connected on 85.7 percent of his field goals (239-of-279) in his NFL career. May not have the same punch on kickoffs he had earlier in his career — forced just 32 touchbacks out of 80 attempts last season.

Punter: Mat McBriar.

Posted a 41.3-yard gross average (35.0-yard net) a season ago in nine games with Pittsburgh.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/14/pfts-2014-all-unemployed-team/

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

Keep Jim Leonhard's number on your speed dial OBD. If injuries occur, he just seems to always come in and produce in a good way.

Keep Jim Leonhard's number on your speed dial OBD. If injuries occur, he just seems to always come in and produce in a good way.

I'm surprised he's not a Brown already. Lots of coaches have players they bring with them whereever they go because they are familiar faces and help to explain their schemes to the new roster. Leonhard seemed to be that guy for Pettine here in Buffalo.

xfnjfd.jpg

Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be Bills fans

Finley would be worth a shot if gets cleared.

I'd love Kevin Williams to fill a rotation spot at DT. I'd assume he's waiting for a contender to call and will land somewhere right after training camp breaks.

Captain of the Bills Family First Adoption Team.

Steve Johnson is my Adopted BFF Team Member.

If healthy, I'd love to see OBD go after Finley

Me too. But I think that applies to 31 other teams. He is a good player.

Wow. It's hard for me to believe that Mount Mckinnie is 35. Seems like only yesterday people were clamoring on here for the Bills to draft him!

I remember meeting McKinnie in a club in NYC weeks after the draft. I introduced myself to him, and told him I really wanted the Bills to draft him. He told me that he was hoping they would, and that the Bills were going to regret it. I then tried to convince him, and myself, that Mike Williams was going to be really good too. McKinnie never really lived up to his potential. Mike Williams . . . .yeeeaaah.

The biggest issues with this roster, apart from qb, are safety and de.

I assume they want to see how the young guys do at safety but I wouldn't mind exploring some depth at de.

I don't expect to see any moves before camp, though.

at the time both mckinney and williams were viewed as equally cant miss prospects. there isnt a gm in the universe that could have seen mike williams as any more of a bust potential than mckinney. sucks it had to be the bills but shit happens

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

If I recall correctly, McKinney had some red flags about questionable character, which popped up during his time in the NFL, but there is no question that he turned out to be a much better player.

Mike Williams was an epic bust. No question. But McKinnie also never lived up to his drafting position...

Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Eightyfive percents

honestly, in terms of the consensus views at the time of the picks, the mike williams selection was probably the safest in bills history. it was the total opposite of the maybin pick, it was as far away from swinging for the fences as you can get. it was more like a bunt when the entire infield is deep

its funny when ppl cite that example as the bills bad drafting skill when really its just a random lightning bolt that has nothing to do with the ability to select talent. i mean the bills certainly sucked at that too during these wasteland years, but the mike williams pick simply wasnt part of that

One set of rules for all in the beloved community

"The word racism is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything, and demanding evidence makes you a 'racist' " - Thomas Sowell

I don't understand why most of these players aren't signed. Almost every one of them could help a team.

They won't be until their contract demands match the teams' need. That's what happened to Freeney last year.

xfnjfd.jpg

Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be Bills fans

Couple of interesting names in there

Finley definitely would be a solid addition.

Joseph if the knee is better could be had for our dire LG situation.

Kevin Williams despite his age can still bring his A game as well.

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

I read somewhere that he is about ready to retire and would like to play his last year as a Packer. He is from that area. I agree though, he is a valuable guy to have on your team.

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

It pleases me to the core to see Clabo on this list!!

!!! COME ON YOU SPURS !!!

dempsey-ap-670.jpg?w=670&h=350