buffalocalzone

Warning signs for Bills' top pick Sammy Watkins

Everyone loves to pick apart what Buffalo does every year in the draft! Its way too early to grade any player selected by any team! I agree if New England had taken Watkins it would be a brilliant move! I am so sick of the analytic bull shit!!

Yes Buffalo has not made the playoffs in a long time but time to Rip on our draft picks is in two years not now! I am hoping our new GM hit a home run!

The analytic people get too drunk on their statistical analysis.

One of the key points of analytics is to evaluate how much a player is worth vs. how much it cost to get him. At that end, Watkins looks like an overpayment and rightly so. The Bills are taking a large risk that Watkins will light up the league early. I liked the aggressive move (though I would have taken Mack, personally) but unless the Bills make a significant improvement in the W-L column this year then Cleveland is going to wind up fleecing us.

xfnjfd.jpg

Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be Bills fans

One of the key points of analytics is to evaluate how much a player is worth vs. how much it cost to get him. At that end, Watkins looks like an overpayment and rightly so. The Bills are taking a large risk that Watkins will light up the league early. I liked the aggressive move (though I would have taken Mack, personally) but unless the Bills make a significant improvement in the W-L column this year then Cleveland is going to wind up fleecing us.

The Bills were better than a 6 win team last year, bad luck with injuries didn't let them get more wins.

With the moves they have made this year they are capable of winning at least 9 or 10 games. The reason you give up a future 1st round pick to move up to 2nd overall to take Watkins is because of his freakish athletic ability and his high ceiling, and to give EJ Manuel a bonafide #1 WR.

They are taking a minimal risk in taking Watkins, players of his talent come around once every 5 to 10 years.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

The Bills were better than a 6 win team last year, bad luck with injuries didn't let them get more wins.

Bad luck and injuries are the rock-solid foundation of every Bills season. Can they overcome them is always the question.

With the moves they have made this year they are capable of winning at least 9 or 10 games. The reason you give up a future 1st round pick to move up to 2nd overall to take Watkins is because of his freakish athletic ability and his high ceiling, and to give EJ Manuel a bonafide #1 WR.

I'll out-homer you on this one: If EJ performs all season like a "B" type of QB, the moves they've made make this a 12 win team. I can hardly imagine what the pass rush looks like with a lead.

If he don't, 6 wins.

They are taking a minimal risk in taking Watkins, players of his talent come around once every 5 to 10 years.

I sure hope that you're correct on that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Feel better about the Watson trade yet?

https://twitter.com/MADmagazine/status/473898497021063168/photo/1

Bad luck and injuries are the rock-solid foundation of every Bills season. Can they overcome them is always the question.

I'll out-homer you on this one: If EJ performs all season like a "B" type of QB, the moves they've made make this a 12 win team. I can hardly imagine what the pass rush looks like with a lead.

If he don't, 6 wins.

I sure hope that you're correct on that.

We will see what happens, I'm amped by the moves made so far. This is the best the teams has looked in a long time in terms of overall talent on the roster, now it's time for the coaches do there part and put them in positions to succeed.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

From rookie camp today:

Jonah Javad @JonahJavad

Sammy Watkins is the complete package from what I can see. His first step cutting in and out on his routes is smooth and lethal.

More on Watkins... Made a number of catches on under thrown balls. Gets his hands low and grips immediately. Didn't drop one. #Bills

Mark Ludwiczak @MarkLud12

Just Day 1 of rookie minicamp, but Sammy Watkins looked goooooood. Caught everything in sight. #Bills

Guiton was QBing.

> I can hardly imagine what the pass rush looks like with a lead.

Why? Did I miss any moves. We lost Pettine and Dareus is a question mark. Why should our pass rush be better than last Year?

Proud adopter of #16 Robert Foster and owner of Lit while sitting in the drivers seat of the bandwagon of

The Buffalo Eightyfive percents

Injuries are an excuse, every team has some and the Bills actually were one of the healthier teams in the league.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2014/2013-adjusted-games-lost

The reason you give up a future 1st round pick to move up to 2nd overall to take Watkins is because of his freakish athletic ability and his high ceiling, and to give EJ Manuel a bonafide #1 WR.

I understand the rationale for the move, but you can't just handwave away that 2nd first rounder and say the risk is "minimal."

And players of Watkins' potential come around every 2-3 years, not 5-10. Off the hyperbole bus. 2014-Watkins, 2011-Green, 2010-Thomas/Bryant, 2007-Johnson, 2004-Fitzgerald, 2003-Johnson, etc. And that's just the first rounders, that doesn't even include later stud pickups like Gordon or Cruz.

xfnjfd.jpg

Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be Bills fans

I'm pretty sure Rodak started his career as a intern for the Patriots.....

Things the make you go hummmmmm..... He also worked for the Boston ESPN website at some point

!!! COME ON YOU SPURS !!!

dempsey-ap-670.jpg?w=670&h=350

The entire Bills team can use this as motivation, but the real motivation is making the playoffs after a 14 year absence. The talent is there, now it's time for them to play to there potential.

Thanks coach! :greatjob:

FIRE DARCY REGIER AND LINDY RUFF

He is one of those "analytic people."

key word is "anal" ,

which is where he can shove his analytics...

Is it possible that the reason Watkins was catching so many short passes because his qb sucked?

The QB didn't have the strongest arm..which is why they pushed for watkins to play with Ej