LiterateStylish

Fuck all the draft QB’s (2018 offseason plan)

What do you notice about my wish list???

18. Calvin Ridley-Alabama WR

25. Orlando Brown Jr.-Oklahoma OT

50. Ronald Jones II-USC RB

60. Will Hernandez-UTEP OG

96. Riley Ferguson-QB Memphis

114.Durham Smythe-TE Notre Dame

That you want to waste a draft pick on a RB.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

That you want to waste a draft pick on a RB.

Nah but you get where I’m coming from. It doesn’t matter. We need guys who score points. Fill him in with another linemen or a TE.

miserable that 70s show GIF

Nah but you get where I’m coming from. It doesn’t matter. We need guys who score points. Fill him in with another linemen or a TE.

I’m OK with offense. Agreed.

Still need to draft a QB even if in the late rounds. Never settle.

My Retired AAB is Kyle Williams...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

U.S.Navy, Retired 1986-2015

this is suppose to be a high quality QB draft class and we have a lot of ammo. I would stick to the board and if a QB is there when they pick and is highest rated player on your board then take him. I'm not sure Alex smith is much better than tyrod, his decision making is better but he cant run like him. I wouldn't mind getting Cousins in here for the right price. We gotta beef up the lines, get another quality LB, and WR.

12thmannb6.jpg

Circle the wagons

Unless you have a shot at Rosen, forget drafting a QB.

The Bills plan should be as follows:

- Trade a 3rd round pick for Alex Smith. The Chiefs may cut him, but if I’m Beane, I’m making the trade to ensure he’s a Bill. It’s a fair pick for a top 15 QB that is a 1 year rental. Maybe 2 year if we can renegotiate his contract. And his base salary is only $14 mil next season.

- Use all 4 picks in the first two rounds on OL, DL and LB. Nooooo CB’s, Safeties, RB’s, TE’s, or WR’s.

You go into next year with a solidified OL, DL and LB core, along with a slight upgrade at QB... and you’re a 10 win team.

Not a bad plan really. I do think they'll draft a QB at some point in this draft, though.

That LB from Georgia looked crazy good against OU. I see there's some talk about him being a 1st rounder and I'd take him in a heartbeat. I also like the LB from USC, Vea is a DT that is like to see too. I believe they address the RG position through FA, I believe Norwell from Car will be a Bill and won't be surprised if Lotouliea (spelled wrong) is one too.

That LB from Georgia looked crazy good against OU. I see there's some talk about him being a 1st rounder and I'd take him in a heartbeat. I also like the LB from USC, Vea is a DT that is like to see too. I believe they address the RG position through FA, I believe Norwell from Car will be a Bill and won't be surprised if Lotouliea (spelled wrong) is one too.

Georgia Linebacker Roquan Smith won the Butkus Award (which Rueben Foster won last year). And, he certainly was flying around in the Bowl Game against OU. Ditto the week before against Auburn.

If he does it again this weekend against 'Bama, he is going high in the draft for sure.

Draft a Running Back in the 2nd?  Add another EDGE or Corner?

want them 4 picks in first 2 rounds myself ....DL(question is do we go DT)or more de's with length ....like Hand (also DT possibility)....and guy like Ferall(Clemson)...quick penatrators over mass run stuffers .....then yes my preference would be LB ...and i still fit in a rb in 2nd like Penny (san diego st)

Rosen will bust. This top 5 tier group will bust. Just my opinion. Some mid tier QB will turn out to be a gem

No one "knows". Not you. Not me. You may be right, yet you could be dead wrong. Bills will trust their front office and scouts. Coach and GM will make a decision. Hopefully a good one. I could have told all of you a few years ago that Russell Wilson was the real deal. Few would have listened before the 4th round. Seahawks were smarter and drafted him in the 3rd. They KNEW they could be cute until round 3, but no longer. Should be interesting. Look at Beane's staff. It's damn good.

- Trade a 3rd round pick for Alex Smith. The Chiefs may cut him, but if I’m Beane, I’m making the trade to ensure he’s a Bill. It’s a fair pick for a top 15 QB that is a 1 year rental. Maybe 2 year if we can renegotiate his contract. And his base salary is only $14 mil next season.

- Use all 4 picks in the first two rounds on OL, DL and LB. Nooooo CB’s, Safeties, RB’s, TE’s, or WR’s.

You go into next year with a solidified OL, DL and LB core, along with a slight upgrade at QB... and you’re a 10 win team.

Pretty good.

This class sucks.

Rosen is the only NFL ready QB.

And even then only in the right O and with the right OC. I would certainly burn a third for A. Smith. Might even extend him. If Tyrod plays decent in Jax (and maybe beyond) I think you can find some sucker to give you a third for him. Tyrod for Smith is a great trade. Meanwhile draft R. Smith (you've got to know McCoach is jizzing in his pants), Wilkins or Vita Vea, Marcel Ateman and a few good FA and we absolutely challenge for the division next year.

I agree that the move is to get Alex Smith. Andy Reid will play ball with McD. And Reid will want to do right by his QB even though the time for them to move on has come.

The only flaw in your plan Lit is that i do think we need to address WR in a major way. Otherwise, yeah. OL, DT, LB, WR.

This staff has proved to me that they can get capable value FAs as well so we can use that to our advantage addressing the above as well. They did a remarkable job with the secondary.

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg

I agree that the move is to get Alex Smith. Andy Reid will play ball with McD. And Reid will want to do right by his QB even though the time for them to move on has come.

The only flaw in your plan Lit is that i do think we need to address WR in a major way. Otherwise, yeah. OL, DT, LB, WR.

This staff has proved to me that they can get capable value FAs as well so we can use that to our advantage addressing the above as well. They did a remarkable job with the secondary.

Yes, I too endorse this plan with the possible exception of WR -- we need to address the talent pool either through the draft or through FA

"I am alarmed at the subtle invasion of professional football, which is gaining preeminence over baseball. It's unthinkable."

- Branch Rickey (August 20, 1959)

"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

- Marcus Aurelius

1) We have too many holes at key positions to draft a WR.

2) Drafted WR’s take a year or two to feel comfortable in the NFL and contribute.

We need to get a FA wide receiver. Not draft.

We need to get a FA wide receiver. Not draft.

That works for me!

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

- Dwight D. Eisenhower - 1.17.61

My Adopt A Bill is Josh Allen

18_allen.jpg

This is why I get pissed off with all the we need a new QB people, because you are under the impression that if the Bill's bring in an upgrade, they will be a good team. You have to upgrade the offensive line to protect the QB, and give your receivers time to run there routes.

I'm good with that plan, but give me McCarron or Cousins instead of Alex Smith.

Smith is not the answer. Take a shot on guys that could be the solution, rather than another stop gap (albeit a better one).

- Trade a 3rd/4th round pick for Alex Smith. The Chiefs may cut him, but if I’m Beane, I’m making the trade to ensure he’s a Bill. It’s a fair pick for a top 15 QB that is a 1 year rental. Maybe 2 year if we can renegotiate his contract. And his base salary is only $14 mil next season.

Bump for f8