LiterateStylish

Rams select 1st gay NFL player - Michael Sam

The first 100 times I saw this wasn't enough. I mean it's cool, it's good for the gay community and people as a whole but COME ON! This is FOOTBALL and not the damn View! He was a 7th round pick and likely won't even make a roster out of camp. It's just a whole lot of to do about nothing to me and I am 100% support gay rights. However, I enjoy sports and football to get a break from all this agenda pushing shit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Adopt A Bill is Aaron Willams.

Happy for him.

He's hardly the fist gay player. Just the 1st one to be open about it.

Happy for the gay community.

But enough already.

Bills fan for life!! ................

I love beer, rum, scotch and women !! :rockon:

Youre right in a lot of ways. But this forum is for everyone.

For those who watch ESPN

For those who don't watch ESPN

For those who 80 hours a week and this forum is the only place for their news

So for some, it could be the first time they see it.

Oh that wasn't as a slight for you posting it again at all... ESPN played it literally like 50 times back to back after it happened. I mean they should have treated it the same as they would have anyone else I think. I didn't get to AJ McCarron make out with his smoking hot girlfriend... So he likes dudes buttholes, so what? It's not relevant outside of his personal life to me, his sexual preference has zero bearing over if he can ball or not.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good for him. His interview they ran on NFL Network after he was picked was great. He basically said all this off the field media drama is what it is and it won't get to him. He realizes he needs to go out on the field and make plays.

He was one of the best defensive players in the SEC last year, so hopefully it works out for him. He's going to have a tough time making that STL roster though, that defensive line is loaded with talent. He needs to become best friends with their special teams coach and start making plays on that side of the ball.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Really, I hadn't heard anything about this until know. Something this (in)significant should have made the news, you would think.

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

Really, I hadn't heard anything about this until know. Something this (in)significant should have made the news, you would think.

I mean it does matter and say something about where we are as a society, HOWEVER when you jam it down people's throat is when people respond with ignorance and vitriol. It was the NFL draft, not MTV's real world... I didn't need to see it 30 times in a row is all. People should be less concerned with other people's sexuality, period.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They talk about this on espn everyday. It's fucking ridiculous and it's the reason he came out. His agent knew exactly what he was doing. I do not like gays that flaunt their gayness for attention.

jillies1_zps849e2f3f.jpg

They talk about this on espn everyday. It's fucking ridiculous and it's the reason he came out. His agent knew exactly what he was doing. I do not like gays that flaunt their gayness for attention.

We don't know that, this is more on the media then it is him. This would have happened regardless of how the individual approached it, the American media eats this crap up and to be fair... we're talking about it aren't we?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cant wait for the gay community and it's vitriolic media to turn on the Rams and NFL when he gets cut.

I mean it does matter and say something about where we are as a society, HOWEVER when you jam it down people's throat is when people respond with ignorance and vitriol. It was the NFL draft, not MTV's real world... I didn't need to see it 30 times in a row is all. People should be less concerned with other people's sexuality, period.

Is it gonna be acceptable to hate him cause its forced on us 24/7 by ESPN? I mean the same way everyone started hating Tebow for no good reason other than ESPN forced him on us 24/7?

It's actually all quite sad that we as a society even give a shit what his sexual preference may be. While its ground breaking, and great and I'm very very proud that we are growing as a culture (slowly), it's still disappointing that it matters at all...

!!! COME ON YOU SPURS !!!

dempsey-ap-670.jpg?w=670&h=350

Is it gonna be acceptable to hate him cause its forced on us 24/7 by ESPN? I mean the same way everyone started hating Tebow for no good reason other than ESPN forced him on us 24/7?

It's actually all quite sad that we as a society even give a shit what his sexual preference may be. While its ground breaking, and great and I'm very very proud that we are growing as a culture (slowly), it's still disappointing that it matters at all...

I don't think the forced acceptance of homosexuality can be described as "growing as a culture".

Good for him but I don't need to see him tongue wrestle another dude on ESPN a thousand times. We get it. YAAAAYYYYYY

A gay person in the nfl exists. Can we move on?

FIRE DARCY REGIER AND LINDY RUFF

I don't think the forced acceptance of homosexuality can be described as "growing as a culture".

really? Would this have been accepted with this level of support 10 years ago?

!!! COME ON YOU SPURS !!!

dempsey-ap-670.jpg?w=670&h=350

BUFFALORange

when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. (Declaration of Independence!)

Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God: (Thomas Jefferson)

He apparently told ESPN that he didn't want a camera crew at his house for the draft. ESPN did something ($$$) to change his mind. ESPN is all about creating news, not reporting it.

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets............

HAHA how are you being forced to accept it? Turn off your TV, too bad if you don't approve of it or if anyone else does not. A LOT occurs in the world and in our society I do not particularly care for but it's part of being American, you don't have to like it but you need to deal with it. While it is annoying how much the liberal media is ramming it down our throats, I am not going to act like I am some sort of victim who is somehow slighted by the over the top celebration for a NFL player who digs dudes buttholes...

I worry about that a bit but honestly I never hated Tebow, a lot of people I think lashed out more at ESPN and the media over this crap cause they are the ones who really put it on 24/7 circulation. I'm sure it will rub some people the wrong way when people start to lash out about it (hell we already are) but if someone is smart enough to articulate their disgust with the incessant, pestering of mainstream media in the United States rather then Sam's being gay it should not be an issue. However, we know everyone isn't smart enough and that has already been shown.

If people didn't tune in though, they wouldn't talk about it... hell, I myself am guilty of this. I on one hand bitch about having to hear about it NON STOP but I'm sitting here talking about it now am I not?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just don't understand why people get so bent out of shape over things that don't affect them. At the end of the day we all bleed red and we all have emotions and desires. The best part of life is having the free will to act on it but for some reason people feel like their opinion should be imposed on others who don't share the same thing.

My opinion, I'm not a supporter of a gay lifestyle. That's just my opinion, I do have gay friends who I talked to and they have never crossed any lines in our friendship. If my sister starts dating dead beat I'll go so far as saying "I don't think he's good for you" but if she chooses to stay with him I just accept it, her life not mine.

As for ESPN and NFL NETWORK both those channels have a side bar listing what the next topic of conversation is, when you see Michael Sam, change the channel if you're sick of the coverage, there's plenty to watch on cable I'm sure you'll find something.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]supermansig.jpg

Cant wait for the gay community and it's vitriolic media to turn on the Rams and NFL when he gets cut.

Was thinking the same thing. As a 7th round pick, there is a good chance he does not make the team, and then the entire organization will be labeled Homophobic.

“Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group.  But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides.  You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did.  You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name. I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.” 

Only the second sentence is ever uttered by US hating libtards.

Smart people won't call the rams homophobic for cutting sam if they do. Dumb ppl appear to think that the world will cry homophobia if he gets cut.

Sam is camp fodder, historic camp fodder

All the Bills do well these days is change regimes.

No one circles the wagons .... like fans of the Buffalo Bills demanding the consumption of crow when this team loses/wins as they predict.

I just don't understand why people get so bent out of shape over things that don't affect them. At the end of the day we all bleed red and we all have emotions and desires. The best part of life is having the free will to act on it but for some reason people feel like their opinion should be imposed on others who don't share the same thing.

My opinion, I'm not a supporter of a gay lifestyle. That's just my opinion, I do have gay friends who I talked to and they have never crossed any lines in our friendship. If my sister starts dating dead beat I'll go so far as saying "I don't think he's good for you" but if she chooses to stay with him I just accept it, her life not mine.

As for ESPN and NFL NETWORK both those channels have a side bar listing what the next topic of conversation is, when you see Michael Sam, change the channel if you're sick of the coverage, there's plenty to watch on cable I'm sure you'll find something.

Are you the real Superman?