0ap2000000319521.jpg

Russ Cockrell (RB)

Height: 6'0

Weight: 191LBS.

Arm Length: 29 7/8"

Overview

2013: First-team All-ACC. Started 13 games, missing N.C. State with an ankle injury. 2012: First-team All-ACC. Started all 13 games. Academic All-ACC. 6 tackles, 2 INTs (1 returned for TD) vs. N.C. Central. 4 tackles, INT vs. Clemson. 2011: Played in and started 11 games. Missed Tulane game due to leg injury. Academic All-ACC. 2010: Started all 12 games. Led team with 3 INTs. Second freshman in Duke history to be sole team leader in INT. Academic All-ACC. 2009: Redshirted. High School: Posted 34 tackles and 3 INTs as senior. Also made 29 receptions for 459 yards and 11 TDs. Helped Charlotte (N.C.) Latin to a 13-0 record and state championship as a junior.

96769446_10102201393347587_5716922665810264064_n.jpg

Ross Cockrell is Duke's all-time leader in interceptions (12) and pass breakups (41), so that shows me he has good hands and instincts. He has good size at 6'0 and 191 lbs and ran a 4.56 40 yard dash at the combine. He will be competing with R.Brooks and N.Robey for the #4 CB spot, but has an advantage in height over both of those players so that is obviously going to be an advantage for him. Worst case he will be a special teams player and be a developmental/depth CB.

The Bills now have very good depth at the CB spot, S.Gilmore is the best CB on the roster and has potential to be a shutdown CB. L.Mckelvin improved a lot and started playing to his potential last year and will be competing for the #2 CB spot with C.Graham is a physical CB with great size at 6'0" 196 lbs.

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

Ross Cockrell had good coverage on K.Benjiman when he was matched up on him vs Florida State and M.Evans when he was matched up on him vs Texas A&M. This shows he match's up vs bigger WR's, so that's a big plus.

From what I saw he was used as a press zone or off zone coverage, not sure if he can play press man or off man coverage.

This is Mike Evans vs Duke, Ross Cockrell is #6:

[video=youtube;Zr-cIY3u8Tk]

This is Ross Cockrell vs Florida State, Cockrell is #6 and K.Benjiman is #1:

Cockrell really impress's me vs Evans, he get's in his head and makes him take 2 offensive penalties: unsportsmanlike conduct and offense and personal foul late hit. He blanket's the 7th overall pick in the draft all game long. Evans has some nice catches on jump balls, but that's due to a 5" size advantage. Overall great coverage by Cockrell.

Mike Watkins ‏@Merk256

Ask Mike Evans his impressions of Cockrell...Guy got in Evans head and held him in check for nearly the entire game

Edited by junglesouljah

L*t is a loser

My adapt a Bill is Brandon Beane.

1065198188.jpg.0.jpg

I like the pick. Brooks hasn't shown me anything in his time in Buffalo and someone needs to push him.

He'll need to be coached based on that tape, but he's got potential.

El Wavo ~ Owner of The Book Lodge Boogies

Potential as a 3rd or 4th corner depending on how they use Corey graham.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

Potential as a 3rd or 4th corner depending on how they use Corey graham.

He'll have to really impress to beat out Roby, but with his size Cockrell can cover the big wr's/te and Roby can cover the smaller, quick guys.

He'll have to really impress to beat out Roby, but with his size Cockrell can cover the big wr's/te and Roby can cover the smaller, quick guys.

If he is as good as robey he starts IMO. He has more size to jam smaller slot WRs.

81Yi-LuxR2L._SY355_.jpg

Has anyone else watched his media interview on the official website?

His mannerisms and look are alarmingly similar to Doug Whaley!! Possible illegitimate bastard? Ross Snow?

!!! COME ON YOU SPURS !!!

dempsey-ap-670.jpg?w=670&h=350

If he is as good as robey he starts IMO. He has more size to jam smaller slot WRs.

If he is as good as Robey we will have amazing depth at db.

While I love Robey his size is going to always keep from being a starter. Cockrell has great size, though.